Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2022, 09:54 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,968,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky view trail View Post
Good points, Snowman, but the creatures are much more numerous than any of us might suspect, and they are never alone, they travel in groups, commonly referred to as clans of related family members. Absolutely fascinating creatures. I do believe your grandmother had a very real experience, although some people who have had much closer contact with them don't feel very "lucky"....most peoples' contact is limited to surprise roadside crossings or unexpected sightings, catching both the being and the witness off guard.

If you are at all active on Facebook, there are dozens of bigfoot and sasquatch groups, though most of them leave much to be desired, and are plagued by trolls (non-believers who like to stir the pot.) However there is a huge number of those we refer to as believers and a smaller but more enthusiastic number of those who are what we call "knowers" who have actually seen the creatures. The "knowers" comprise many who had no prior knowledge or belief in sasquatch but whose lives are forever changed once they have that personal encounter or sighting.

On your note of nosing around kitchen windows, many (not all) of these beings are notorious for their intense curiosity about we, the hairless ones, whose lives are obviously just as fascinating to them as some of us find their lives to be fascinating. I have many friends who have seen these creatures up close & personal, some say they wish they never had, as it tends to shake their worlds and change their entire perspective on life and what they have believed up to then. I have a girlfriend in Missouri who has seen them around her home and her daughter walked into the kitchen one night and one was standing at the double patio doors, it freaked them both out (daughter and sasquatch). Many other stories all over the south.

For any non-believer, just take a day trip to Expedition Bigfoot, not far from Murphy, just a few miles south of Blue Ridge, GA. It's a real eye opener.
dude it's all bull****. There's no verifiable evidence that they exist, and to make people believe these claims, you need actual evidence. Just think of how many cameras are out in the woods on any given day, whether it be hunters, hikers, bikers, climbers, fishermen, kayakers, trail runners, etc. and not one picture. Think of the game cameras that are out on public property and private party, and yet still no verifiable evidence.

Honestly, if you could provide a link to a verified picture or video that hasnt been doctored(every one ive seen has been proven to be doctored), then in all seriousness, Id love to see it and say that Ive been proven wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2022, 11:07 AM

4,790 posts, read 10,610,355 times
I was sort of Jonesing for this kind of thread again: mountain lions over runing our area and now, Sasquatch.

I would like to see some good, clear images or a good, clear vid, not Photoshopped, of one Bigfoot and especially those 'clans' that travel around western NC, et al.

Among other lack of data, the absence of serious sized skeletal remains, especially bones that could be investigated by science makes me go Hmmm.

Have not hiked every mtn, hill and dale in western NC, but in my 20+ years of daily trudging our high mtn and similar areas, I have never seen a bone or footprint of any creature beyond the usual fauna we have.

I do see bear regularly, and have had enough bear 'encounters' to recognize their sound(s), smell and look when I do see one, or I just miss one...I have never seen Sasquatch here in western NC or in any of the 50 states that I have driven/ridden, hiked around in my 75 yrs on the planet.

But, awaiting the evidence and data to come around again on this forum's Jukebox...
GL, mD

Old 02-21-2022, 11:57 AM

5,455 posts, read 6,047,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
I was sort of Jonesing for this kind of thread again: mountain lions over runing our area and now, Sasquatch.

I would like to see some good, clear images or a good, clear vid, not Photoshopped, of one Bigfoot and especially those 'clans' that travel around western NC, et al.

Among other lack of data, the absence of serious sized skeletal remains, especially bones that could be investigated by science makes me go Hmmm.

Have not hiked every mtn, hill and dale in western NC, but in my 20+ years of daily trudging our high mtn and similar areas, I have never seen a bone or footprint of any creature beyond the usual fauna we have.

I do see bear regularly, and have had enough bear 'encounters' to recognize their sound(s), smell and look when I do see one, or I just miss one...I have never seen Sasquatch here in western NC or in any of the 50 states that I have driven/ridden, hiked around in my 75 yrs on the planet.

But, awaiting the evidence and data to come around again on this forum's Jukebox...
GL, mD
Meanwhile I'll make the popcorn, but I'm not supplying beer for this bunch.

Old 02-22-2022, 09:26 AM

Quote:

GL, mD
these people either go silent when asked to present evidence, or they say that they had some pics on an old camera and they cant find it or there's some reason why they cant upload it lol.

Old 02-27-2022, 03:30 AM

302 posts, read 177,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky view trail View Post
Good points, Snowman, but the creatures are much more numerous than any of us might suspect, and they are never alone, they travel in groups, commonly referred to as clans of related family members. Absolutely fascinating creatures. I do believe your grandmother had a very real experience, although some people who have had much closer contact with them don't feel very "lucky"....most peoples' contact is limited to surprise roadside crossings or unexpected sightings, catching both the being and the witness off guard.

If you are at all active on Facebook, there are dozens of bigfoot and sasquatch groups, though most of them leave much to be desired, and are plagued by trolls (non-believers who like to stir the pot.) However there is a huge number of those we refer to as believers and a smaller but more enthusiastic number of those who are what we call "knowers" who have actually seen the creatures. The "knowers" comprise many who had no prior knowledge or belief in sasquatch but whose lives are forever changed once they have that personal encounter or sighting.

On your note of nosing around kitchen windows, many (not all) of these beings are notorious for their intense curiosity about we, the hairless ones, whose lives are obviously just as fascinating to them as some of us find their lives to be fascinating. I have many friends who have seen these creatures up close & personal, some say they wish they never had, as it tends to shake their worlds and change their entire perspective on life and what they have believed up to then. I have a girlfriend in Missouri who has seen them around her home and her daughter walked into the kitchen one night and one was standing at the double patio doors, it freaked them both out (daughter and sasquatch). Many other stories all over the south.

For any non-believer, just take a day trip to Expedition Bigfoot, not far from Murphy, just a few miles south of Blue Ridge, GA. It's a real eye opener.
Here in northern Washington state the "big foot" culture is considerable. Many trucks sport a big foot bumper sticker and there is even a successful coffee chain called Bigfoot Java. Certain areas across the US have several stories and sightings.

Now how you mentioned it, I believe that encounter I had at my camper in the middle of the woods in Murphy was possibly a bigfoot. They made noise of walking but also made a noise on the roof's edge which was 9-10 ft off the ground (camper was set up on blocks off my dirt road in the hills).

Small teams in Alaska and Appalachia have made encounters but the evidence is usually unclear or kept on the down low.

Old 02-27-2022, 03:36 AM

302 posts, read 177,304 times
Quote:

GL, mD
I think I heard big foots live hundreds of years and are possibly buried in secret areas by their own.

There have definitely been skeletons of giants all across the US, destroyed in the early 20th century. They ranged as tall as 10 or 12 ft. Look up the smithsonian.

Old 02-27-2022, 07:18 AM

90 posts, read 92,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman05 View Post
Here in northern Washington state the "big foot" culture is considerable. Many trucks sport a big foot bumper sticker and there is even a successful coffee chain called Bigfoot Java. Certain areas across the US have several stories and sightings.

Now how you mentioned it, I believe that encounter I had at my camper in the middle of the woods in Murphy was possibly a bigfoot. They made noise of walking but also made a noise on the roof's edge which was 9-10 ft off the ground (camper was set up on blocks off my dirt road in the hills).

Small teams in Alaska and Appalachia have made encounters but the evidence is usually unclear or kept on the down low.
Snowman, correct in assuming that your camper was likely being tapped or tested, these creatures know that there are humans inside but most are really harmless, and yes, they are found all over the country, in every state but Hawaii, in any location that has 3 elements: shelter (the woods are their living room), food (extremely abundant populations of deer & every other type of wildlife) & water...many sightings take place near bodies of water, some have even seen them swimming or fishing in creeks and rivers.

The Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization site has a list of encounters by state, then by county, & is the only truly scientifically based investigative organization out there. Fascinating stuff...I have several friends who are now or have been field investigators & continue to conduct private research on their own free time. There are probably more of these creatures (some think a cross between an ape type animal and man) in norther CA & the Pacific NW, also in western Canada & Alaska.

Old 02-28-2022, 09:50 AM

still waiting for evidence.

Old 03-04-2022, 11:18 PM

405 posts, read 317,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
still waiting for evidence.
Are you kidding me? It's true. I have seen one myself. Last year. Scared the "blank" out of me. I don't know exactly what I saw, but it was not of this world.

Old 03-05-2022, 08:11 AM

90 posts, read 92,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Observer View Post
Are you kidding me? It's true. I have seen one myself. Last year. Scared the "blank" out of me. I don't know exactly what I saw, but it was not of this world.
This is exactly the way people describe their encounters or sightings...you are so completely caught off guard & it's one of 3 things: flight, flee or freeze...usually one doesn't do anything but freeze...they (the creatures) are often indifferent to seeing a human & continue on their way, but in some cases a closer encounter (much scarier) takes place, they know they are scary as h--- to us & are extremely adept at hiding.

Re: not of this world: some believe that (it's known as "woo" in the sasquatch field) but really, they are a flesh and blood creature, like us....most describe them as more ape than man but some are uncannily human in appearance, more so like that in the west where it's rumored they bred with Native Americans that they captured.

If you even get a chance, read the Missing 411 books by David Paulides. A former investigative law officer who has documented hundreds of cases of mysterious disappearances thru the years. He works with police forensic artist Harvey Pratt and they have done an incredible job of interviewing (in great detail with sworn affidavits from witnesses. Just do a search on Paulides books or Harvey Pratt's forensic art. Mind blowing. David Paulides has also written 2 books based on northern CA Native tribal witnesses: The Hoopa Project and Tribal Bigfoot....along with his Missing 411 books.

The Uwharrie National Forest is known as a real hot spot for encounters, most of them not at all friendly. Many hunters & other wilderness types will never again venture into the woods after having had their encounters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina