Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 11:43 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times

Advertisements

READ ME FIRST

Ok, I'm using the power now and creating what some have asked for - a sticky for photos of West Virginia. Don't fall asleep those who have been asking for this - post your shots!

A few things to keep in mind, however, and I will enforce them...

1) Post only your photos. Photos that YOU have taken, or, that you have permission to post from others. In other words, don't post pics from some stranger's Flickr or Pbase account without their nowing about it, or the pics will have to be deleted. If you do have permission to post someone else's shot, it's always nice to credit the photo properly.

2) Please DO NOT post large, full resolution photos! Yes, there really are still people who use dialup to access the Internet, and also folks on slower broadband connections. They probably don't want to spend the better part of an hour waiting for massively large photos you've posted to pop up. So, PLEASE, resize your photos to no larger than around 800 pixels in size. Too small and people can't see the details, but too large and it bogs down the thread. Remember - 800 pixels, max.

3) Please limit the number of shots you post per reply. For now, I'm putting a limit of 5 photos per post. If you post two dozen of the things in one post, again, it'll bog things down. Pick your most interesting shots and do those, leaving out the fluff. Remember to put a short caption or blurb above or below each one to describe the location so visitors know what/where they're looking at.

and yes, I know... but only ONE more...

4) Post pics that are relevant to West Virginia, please. Nice panoramic scenes of the Mountain State. Skylines of the cities and towns. Quaint downtowns. River scenes or State Parks - that type of thing. I mean, ok fine, we all like bees and daisies, but you can find those just about anywhere and they don't I.D. where you're looking at. So, think before you post and try to post only shots that really make you think, "West Virginia" in some way or another.

Ok - start posting!

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 07-27-2008 at 09:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 08:03 AM

7 posts, read 73,918 times
Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:16 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,275,326 times
Why didnt you just make my tread a sticky??? Seams dumb to have people remove pic from it to post here...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/west-...derful-wv.html

Old 07-19-2008, 01:43 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Why didnt you just make my tread a sticky??? Seams dumb to have people remove pic from it to post here...

Katie,
There have been many request from all over about placing stickies so folks can post pics of their home locations. This way instead of having posts and threads everywhere there is one place.

Greg probably saw your item and said I will pick this one. See we think your just special

Old 07-19-2008, 03:06 PM

620 posts, read 1,837,979 times
I can't either!! I'd love to see what the quaint towns look like!!

Old 07-19-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post

Oh, I just thought folks would like to brush up on their reposting skills.

AHEM.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:02 AM

R601020... nice shots. You might though, want to go back in and edit them by adding their locations above or below that pics. That way visitors to the forum who are not familiar with the state landmarks will know where these are.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:34 AM

638 posts, read 1,848,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millersangel View Post
. . local rite of passage of jumping off the 20 foot high Brushy Falls.
great shot!

Old 07-20-2008, 06:37 PM
BJC

336 posts, read 1,187,571 times
r601020, please edit your GREAT pics with locations. People planning a tirp to WV might want to visit some of the places in your GEAT shots!

thanks for you eye!

Old 07-20-2008, 07:41 PM

620 posts, read 1,837,979 times
VERY NICE!! Keep the pics coming - gives me something to look forward to!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia