Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 07:11 AM
BJC

336 posts, read 1,187,644 times

Advertisements

Great pics HB!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 10:14 PM

94 posts, read 481,973 times
any clarksburg, fairmont, bridgeport pics?

thanks!!

Old 08-23-2008, 06:41 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,343,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riley View Post
any clarksburg, fairmont, bridgeport pics?

thanks!!
Here ya go. Clarksburg.com - Historic Sites

If you're in Jax, say hello to my sister and nieces down there.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:59 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,147,419 times
What stunning photographs!I would love to know more about this area, it looks so unspoilt, what is the climate like?

Old 08-26-2008, 06:00 PM

1,342 posts, read 3,244,355 times
This won't be as interesting to most people after all those great outdoors shots, but if you are interested in history and architecture, here are some shots of the "Coin" Harvey house in Huntington, 13th St. & 3rd Ave. I was sorry to see the state it was in, and also to see the Private Property No Trespassing sign (since they are trying to restore their house by public appeal). You can see the deterioration of the facade since they put up their website. Anyway, here are some links

William Hope "Coin" Harvey

Restoring the Historic Coin Harvey House of Huntington, West Virginia

Old 08-27-2008, 06:38 AM

74 posts, read 369,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobilee View Post
This won't be as interesting to most people after all those great outdoors shots, but if you are interested in history and architecture, here are some shots of the "Coin" Harvey house in Huntington, 13th St. & 3rd Ave. I was sorry to see the state it was in, and also to see the Private Property No Trespassing sign (since they are trying to restore their house by public appeal). You can see the deterioration of the facade since they put up their website. Anyway, here are some links

William Hope "Coin" Harvey

Restoring the Historic Coin Harvey House of Huntington, West Virginia

I am so excited to hear about this project! I had no idea that they were restoring this house. Every time I drove past it, I would think that it was such a shame that a beautiful house like this was just rotting to the ground. I hope they will be able to restore it to its original grandeur!

Now, if only we could figure out how to relocate the fraternities on 5th Avenue and restore those houses as well....

Old 08-27-2008, 06:18 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,988,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creemarie View Post
I am so excited to hear about this project! I had no idea that they were restoring this house. Every time I drove past it, I would think that it was such a shame that a beautiful house like this was just rotting to the ground. I hope they will be able to restore it to its original grandeur!

Now, if only we could figure out how to relocate the fraternities on 5th Avenue and restore those houses as well....
Isn't it depressing?!!! Those frat houses are beautiful old houses and it pisses me off so much seeing those drunken idiots (no offense to anyone in a fraternity) But they destroy the houses, trash them, and it looks horrible right along one of the main streets in Huntington and right beside Marshall University. I wish Marshall would just buy them and resore them or something. ha ha Wishful thinking right?

Old 08-30-2008, 03:15 PM

13,003 posts, read 1,019,464 times
I love WV. Moved here from MD. Here is one of my favorite pictures my 14 year old took at Harpers Ferry.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...mas-river.html

Old 09-03-2008, 02:34 PM
BJC

336 posts, read 1,187,644 times
gymrat and r Great Pics!

Old 09-03-2008, 09:45 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,988,647 times
I love the picture of Charleston!!! You need to add it to Charleston's page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia