Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2012, 12:26 PM

2 posts, read 7,398 times

Advertisements

Will be relocating to Charles Town in a few months from the I-95 corridor of Virginia. I'm planning on using the MARC for my commute into DC.

That said, how full is the Harpers Ferry parking lot for the first 5:25AM train? Same question for the first 4:50AM Brunswick train. I'm torn between Harpers and Brunswick for my start point. I'm thinking Harper's is the better station as I will not have to deal with the bottlenecked traffic over the bridges but am looking for some input from those of you with experience in this area.

I will be back in Brunswick (if I take that train) at 6:22PM or Harper's on the 7:09PM train. Has traffic died down by that time to make Brunswick the better option to get home a little earlier or does the traffic make the 7:09 to Harper's just as efficient?

Hope that makes sense all and thank you in advance for any advice/suggestions you can give.

FJagr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 12:29 PM

22 posts, read 61,006 times
I take the last train that leaves ~6:50 am and I've yet not be able to find a parking space so I think you should be OK.

The few times I have tried to come home from Brunswick it's been much longer than if I had stayed on the train to HF, especially in the summer.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:51 PM

2 posts, read 7,398 times
So the HF parking lot isn't full even for the last morning train? That's nice. Is parking free?

Old 11-01-2012, 04:05 PM

37 posts, read 111,219 times
Parking is free...Only issue with going from Harpers Ferry is the WV Surcharge. $3 each way/$80 per month depending on which way you buy the tickets. If you go just the extratime to Brunswick you get more train options both ways and pay WAY less.

Parking is also free at Brunswick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia