Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 04:33 PM

10 posts, read 23,074 times

Advertisements

Is this a safe place to live? Is it true that the entire community is in foreclosure? Is this community better than the Century Villages?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 05:43 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blidablida View Post
Is this a safe place to live? Is it true that the entire community is in foreclosure? Is this community better than the Century Villages?
Foreclosure? we know nothing about that...My parents rent there in the winter every year and have another lease for Next Winter...yes its safe...

Old 07-18-2013, 08:03 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,769,804 times
Kings Point is one of the Best CHEAP places to buy or rent in SoFLA. Ya gets plenty of bang for your buck but beware - it is an older community with very little curb appeal. But the innards are good and the population is turning over pretty fast. I know several women that live there due to inheriting their parents condos recently. The price was right (nothing) but they don't have many better options. It actually is keeping up appearances quite well, considering the recent torching of home values in the housing bust. I live in a more upscale Delray community, but Kings Point is not a bad option if money is an issue.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjarado View Post
Kings Point is one of the Best CHEAP places to buy or rent in SoFLA. Ya gets plenty of bang for your buck but beware - it is an older community with very little curb appeal. But the innards are good and the population is turning over pretty fast. I know several women that live there due to inheriting their parents condos recently. The price was right (nothing) but they don't have many better options. It actually is keeping up appearances quite well, considering the recent torching of home values in the housing bust. I live in a more upscale Delray community, but Kings Point is not a bad option if money is an issue.
which one do you live in? We are asking around, I have a nice couple we are friends with who don't want something like Kings Point they want something a little more upscale but without the Snobiness...my parents have friends in Boynton who just bought in some of the Upscale developments but these people happen to like Delray..

Old 07-18-2013, 06:10 PM

36 posts, read 87,852 times
Default Yes, it's safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blidablida View Post
I would say this is a safe area. I don't know about foreclosures. There's a lot of shopping, doctor's offices, etc. nearby and it's close to the Turnpike and not too far from 95. Like others have said, it's an old development and doesn't have the best curb appeal but it is a safe area. It's not that the place is run down or anything, it's just an older style if that makes sense. It is gated with a security guard. You definitely get a lot of bang for your buck here. I think the have recently started painting the buildings which makes them look nicer.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:41 AM

194 posts, read 427,852 times
Kings Point is a safe community, foreclosures are not an issue and the community is similar to Century Village in most ways. KP does have a golf course while CV Boca does not and CV Deerfield is presently closed. I would say between Kings Point and CV Deerfield and Boca, that CV Boca is the most well maintained community. Other than that there is really little difference. They all offer small 1 or 2 bedroom units in a safe and secure communities with plenty of activities.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:41 AM

2,391 posts, read 5,047,978 times
When I was in Florida here, they had a lot for sale there in Kings Point. I drove thru there and it looked like an army barracks camp~! Seems like a lot of them are for sale, but not just here the whole city~! They aren't allowed to put "for sale" signs around, I was told by the RE lady. Anyways, I definitely wouldn't want to live there in Kings Point~! They did have a nice large building where their entertainment and social activities was.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:29 PM

King point spent millions on their clubhouse its gorgeous..the apartments some are very nice, and they also have villa's my parents friends have 2 bedroom villa's that are beautiful they bumped out kitchens etc...these are also detached...My parents rent there every winter have been for a while, they do some of the shows and it suits their needs for what they need...

Old 07-20-2013, 07:37 AM

194 posts, read 427,852 times
I agree that Kings Point is not the most visually pleasing looking place but it is a safe, clean affordable place to live with much to do. As to condos for sale find another agent as there are relatively few condos for sale in KP and and throughout the entire area. The real estate market has dramatically changed in the past year and if anything there is a shortage of condos throughout the area. Just an example KP has over 7,000 condos and less than 150 for sale. That is what they call a shortage?

Old 07-22-2013, 09:48 AM

2,391 posts, read 5,047,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
King point spent millions on their clubhouse its gorgeous..the apartments some are very nice, and they also have villa's my parents friends have 2 bedroom villa's that are beautiful they bumped out kitchens etc...these are also detached...My parents rent there every winter have been for a while, they do some of the shows and it suits their needs for what they need...

You may call them whatever you want, but they look like trash from the outside in my opinion~! One judges a place from the outside before they go in, realistically I think. If something doesn't look good on the outside you definitely can't imagine the insides. All of this is my experience in the RE~!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach