Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 07:44 PM

21 posts, read 104,888 times

Advertisements

Considering buying a condo in Kings Point in Delray Beach. We like the Delray area and looking for some feedback on the Kings Point complex. We have looked at some units and the prices seem very good. Does anyone have any knowledge about how living there would be? It is an older complex but seems to have very nice amenities and the HOA is not unreasonable for what you get. Just looking for a different perspective on the area and complex. Sometimes when you think you are getting a good deal you have tunnel vision and do not really see the whole picture. We have been snowbirds for the past 6 years and ready to settle down and call Florida home. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks and have a great day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 11:12 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysnowbird View Post
Considering buying a condo in Kings Point in Delray Beach. We like the Delray area and looking for some feedback on the Kings Point complex. We have looked at some units and the prices seem very good. Does anyone have any knowledge about how living there would be? It is an older complex but seems to have very nice amenities and the HOA is not unreasonable for what you get. Just looking for a different perspective on the area and complex. Sometimes when you think you are getting a good deal you have tunnel vision and do not really see the whole picture. We have been snowbirds for the past 6 years and ready to settle down and call Florida home. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks and have a great day.
My parents rent there every year and really like it...their friends bought there too and DH and I have a long time friend who's parents bought last december and all are very happy...its a social community...Good for you guys..we love it here my parents love it here too but not for all year round

They are from NYC they live in NJ in an adult 55 community there and 4 months here with all their NJ friends from their development...LOL

Old 08-01-2011, 01:42 AM
AFD

41 posts, read 167,566 times
My mom just bought there and having spend her early life in England then the southern Caribbean she has adjusted well. She has actually taken up golf at 65 years old. She does not drive and the kings point buses take her to the important places like grocery store and local strip mall. the Hoa is quite reasonable considering the substantial amenities. i just bought a yearly pass the play golf with her and cant believe how much fun im having. However she has children and grandkids near by so it was an easy move for her. ONE THING FOR SURE DOUBT THE PRICES WILL LAST she has a villa that cost less than my bathroom remodel!

Old 08-01-2011, 11:00 PM

9,779 posts, read 15,790,796 times
Hi. My parents have a place in Kings Point - bought about 15 years ago. And then about 10 years ago my mother-in-law got a place. Both my parents and mother-in-law are snowbirds there. They enjoy it a lot. My parents have made many friends - many from the NY area but also some from Pennsylvania, Canada, DC, and other places. There are so many clubs and activities. You will never be bored if you don't want to be. They have wonderful shows in the clubhouse. The pools are well-attended. Golf is popular. The community is kept up very well.

Each building is its own condo association and some are better than others. Each one has varying condo fees and rules. So check into those. For example, in my building you cannot rent out until two years after owning it. My MIL's condo fee is $305. In my parents' they can rent out a year after owning it, and their condo fee is $335.

For the price, it cannot be beat - nice class of people and has all of the amenities. Good luck. We go down and visit every winter - sometimes twice and have a great time!

ETA: Feel free to ask any questions. I know a lot about the place, and what I don't know I'm sure my mom will know. One piece of advice, the "newer" buildings are better built than the older ones. The older ones are actually pre-fab. The new buildings have the smooth roofs. The older ones have the textured roofs.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:06 PM

1 posts, read 15,858 times
Smile Buying in King's Point

Hi:

We bought a condo in April, 2011- a beautiful one I might add. It was completed gutted and upgraded from top to bottom including the roof, air conditioning etc. We were lucky paying $K37,000 for what we got- wooden floors etc. What a steal! Thus far, we've traveled twice to KP from Canada and enjoyed every minute of it. You are receiving country club amenities at KP without having to pay an exorbitant amount of money for membership. Good things don't last forever.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:10 PM

1 posts, read 14,652 times
Does anyone know if the apartments in the Bittany section of King Point in Delray are pre-fab?

Old 03-23-2012, 08:02 PM

18 posts, read 61,035 times
Default Kings Point vs. Century Village

I'm new to this site and looking to be a snowbird from NY to Florida. Looking to buy a condo/villa in a gated senior 55+ community. Like the Boca Raton/Deerfield Beach area and will be checking the Boynton Beach area in the next few weeks. Have been reading good things about Kings Point and not so good things about Century Village. Any info on either one or any other communities in these areas for recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 03-23-2012, 10:42 PM
AFD

41 posts, read 167,566 times
My mom lives in Kings Point I am there just about everyday.She loves it.She has a Villa in Waterford and the amenities are incrwdible for $360.00 a month. You name the activity they have it, They have their own buses to local supermarket,etc. They have a movie theatre, live shows, a new restaurant. This is her first full year coming in May. Be advised however its mainly Jewish, which we are not. Im not mentioing that as a good thing or bad just take into consideration. The negatives as far as what my mom says are the majority of drivers are really bad ....they are either speeding or driving so slow she can get out of her car and walk faster.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:15 AM

1 posts, read 14,041 times
Couldn't agree more. I just got back from Kings Point this weekend. I was there helping my folks get their condo ready for sale. They enjoyed 15 years there as snow birds - with summers in New England. They were active not only in Kings Point, where they had many friends, but also did lots of volunteering in the communities of Delray Beach and West Palm Beach. Kings Point is a real bargin considering what you get for your money - I know people who paid more for a parking space in Boston - and the many amenities, activities, and clubs. My folks actually moved three times until they finally found a two-bedroom/two-bath condo with the beautiful water view that my mother had always wanted. Never was that keen on Florida myself (not ready to retire) but I was really impressed with downtown Delray Beach and the waterfront. Great places to eat from the old fashioned burger joint (Doc's), amazing ice cream (Kilwin's), brick oven pizza (Pizza Rustica), nouveau cusine (32 East), and a fun boutique hotel (Crane's Beach House and Tiki Bar) for overflow visitors!

Old 02-22-2013, 03:19 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
An Oscar-nominated documentary focusing on Kings Point, and 7 individuals living there, will appear on HBO starting March 11th. I've looked at a trailer for the movie and I'm looking forward to seeing it in its entirety.

Here's more information:

Kings Point Movie | An Award-Winning Documentary Film
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach