Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 03:46 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,607,814 times

Advertisements

Sooo.......it was probably too good to be true that I didn't have any drama or bad feedback about our "untraditional" wedding....until now for pete's sakes & I kinda feel like I was slapped. I had 1 of my good friends call me today to talk A N D to tell me that she was so surprised she hadn't been asked to stand up in our wedding.....because I was a bridesmaid in hers a couple of yrs ago. I explained that we are not having a traditional wedding.......she already knew.....& there isn't going to be a church or a bridal party or stuff she has to do or buy for it but it's still so super important to me she come ofc. I was a little confused because she already knew & I'm not havng A N Y bridal party......it's not like I just left her out. She said she was hurt & then went on to say hurtful stuff to me about my relationship...it makes me feel like it was an excuse to tell me what was on her mind.....

Should I ignore it since the wedding is so far away & just take for granted it will go away......or should I wait for an apology & don't even invite her if she never apologizes???????????????? I've been friends with her since the 8th grade.........thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2020, 05:17 PM

20,425 posts, read 14,745,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Sooo.......it was probably too good to be true that I didn't have any drama or bad feedback about our "untraditional" wedding....until now for pete's sakes & I kinda feel like I was slapped. I had 1 of my good friends call me today to talk A N D to tell me that she was so surprised she hadn't been asked to stand up in our wedding.....because I was a bridesmaid in hers a couple of yrs ago. I explained that we are not having a traditional wedding.......she already knew.....& there isn't going to be a church or a bridal party or stuff she has to do or buy for it but it's still so super important to me she come ofc. I was a little confused because she already knew & I'm not havng A N Y bridal party......it's not like I just left her out. She said she was hurt & then went on to say hurtful stuff to me about my relationship...it makes me feel like it was an excuse to tell me what was on her mind.....

Should I ignore it since the wedding is so far away & just take for granted it will go away......or should I wait for an apology & don't even invite her if she never apologizes???????????????? I've been friends with her since the 8th grade.........thank you!
Wow, that sucks! I'm so sorry that happened.

Tell you what I'd do, I wouldn't invite her, but...LOL...most of my wedding cost is sunk into the food, and uh...it's priced per person. So the fewer people I have to feed, the less I have to spend to do it.

I mean criminy, YOUR wedding day isn't about her, it isn't about scorekeeping and "proving" your friendship and if she is gonna flip out and say nasty things to you, I would not easily forgive that. Your wedding is about what you want, not about what she wants.

I mean, I've had people say, "Oh well you simply have to do thus-and-such" but as far as I'm concerned I don't have to do a damn thing if I don't want to. Well, my fiance and I both anyways. It is our money, time, effort, and all going into this. No one else is going to step up and plan this or help me coordinate or make this happen. But no one I know would go so far as to be hurtful. A bit surprised maybe, but not hurtful, or critical of my relationship. Ugh.

Old 02-24-2020, 07:05 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,096,938 times
Quote:

...it makes me feel like it was an excuse to tell me what was on her mind.....
I bet your instincts are pretty accurate.

Quote:

Should I ignore it since the wedding is so far away & just take for granted it will go away......or should I wait for an apology & don't even invite her if she never apologizes????????????????
You've known her a long time. How often do you communicate? It seems like if you were truly close, this wouldn't have come out of nowhere?

If you ignore and don't invite, whatever relationship there was most likely will be lost.

Old 02-24-2020, 07:21 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,390,041 times
It only becomes drama if you let it. There is no need to make a decision about it now.

For a long time friend I'd chalk it up to a bad day or whatever and just watch her words and actions in the future.

Old 02-25-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I bet your instincts are pretty accurate.

You've known her a long time. How often do you communicate? It seems like if you were truly close, this wouldn't have come out of nowhere?

If you ignore and don't invite, whatever relationship there was most likely will be lost.

We talk on the phone kinda regularly.....but I haven't seen her as much as I used to when I lived in Torrance.

I'm closer to other old friends........but I still think of her as a good childhood friend............or did. I don't really know how I feel now.

Old 02-25-2020, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
It only becomes drama if you let it. There is no need to make a decision about it now.

For a long time friend I'd chalk it up to a bad day or whatever and just watch her words and actions in the future.

Ita......because we go back to the 8th grade........I'm not going to make a decision about it now. Thank you.

Old 02-25-2020, 12:52 PM

23,901 posts, read 33,682,445 times
Quote:
We talk on the phone kinda regularly.....but I haven't seen her as much as I used to when I lived in Torrance.

I'm closer to other old friends........but I still think of her as a good childhood friend............or did. I don't really know how I feel now.
There's always one person that gets a stick up their butt. That's why my hub and I went to Florida to Cypress Gardens by ourselves because I had a best friend that wanted to stand up for me. She screwed me over for my 2nd marriage so I had another great friend do it. My friend wasn't getting a 3rd time to screw me over. My 1st marriage was my oldest best friend

No wedding party means just that. How does she think it means no wedding party except her. Don't let her ruin what your day is supposed to be about; you and your fiance getting married. It's about you 2, no one else. If she has an issue with it, it's her problem, not yours.

I'd send an invite when you send the rest, the ball is then in her court. Even if you don't speak to her until you send invites. You'd be offering that olive branch. If she doesn't take it, you have your answer. Your not friends any more...

Old 02-25-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
There's always one person that gets a stick up their butt. That's why my hub and I went to Florida to Cypress Gardens by ourselves because I had a best friend that wanted to stand up for me. She screwed me over for my 2nd marriage so I had another great friend do it. My friend wasn't getting a 3rd time to screw me over. My 1st marriage was my oldest best friend

No wedding party means just that. How does she think it means no wedding party except her. Don't let her ruin what your day is supposed to be about; you and your fiance getting married. It's about you 2, no one else. If she has an issue with it, it's her problem, not yours.

I'd send an invite when you send the rest, the ball is then in her court. Even if you don't speak to her until you send invites. You'd be offering that olive branch. If she doesn't take it, you have your answer. Your not friends any more...

Thank you......good advice IMO............

All my other friends have been super supportive.......& I thought she was too until yesterday............

Old 02-25-2020, 01:05 PM

144 posts, read 81,385 times
Quote:

If she is a very good friend of you, she will apologize and understand what you want... She wanted something that you didn't. She is wrong. Give her few days or a week to calm down and maybe later talk again about this.
True friends understand and accept everything

Old 02-25-2020, 02:51 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,222,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgLaw View Post
If she is a very good friend of you, she will apologize and understand what you want... She wanted something that you didn't. She is wrong. Give her few days or a week to calm down and maybe later talk again about this.
True friends understand and accept everything
I agree. I bet that she was just having a very, very bad day and took it out on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings