Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 08:26 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,642,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgLaw View Post
If she is a very good friend of you, she will apologize and understand what you want... She wanted something that you didn't. She is wrong. Give her few days or a week to calm down and maybe later talk again about this.
True friends understand and accept everything

Maybe it was a bad day.......BUT I do kinda feel she has to make a 1st move to apologize to me or to talk through stuff. After thinking about it a couple of days tho........even if she didn't.......I would probably still invite her to the wedding when the time comes but not expect her to show up. She has never even met my fiance......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2020, 08:45 AM

23,940 posts, read 33,819,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Maybe it was a bad day.......BUT I do kinda feel she has to make a 1st move to apologize to me or to talk through stuff. After thinking about it a couple of days tho........even if she didn't.......I would probably still invite her to the wedding when the time comes but not expect her to show up. She has never even met my fiance......
I'll be shocked if she even reaches out to you before the wedding.

Old 02-26-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

Tbh there is part of me that just doesn't want to talk to her now & I wouldn't know what to say if she did............

Old 02-26-2020, 01:11 PM
Status: "Thirty-two Ragnars, Two Marathons" (set 16 days ago)

320 posts, read 261,151 times
Weddings are such a odd situation. I had 2 friends get married in the last year (separate weddings, not to each other) and I wasn't invited to either wedding and I thought I would be. Now that I am planning my own wedding, I understand costs and guest lists and such. I was hurt at the time, but now I totally get it.

Old 02-26-2020, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedSun25 View Post
Weddings are such a odd situation. I had 2 friends get married in the last year (separate weddings, not to each other) and I wasn't invited to either wedding and I thought I would be. Now that I am planning my own wedding, I understand costs and guest lists and such. I was hurt at the time, but now I totally get it.

Invitations are a long way from going out...........but this was stuff that she said because she found out I wasn't having a bridal party. She is invited to the wedding. We are keeping costs down by not having a rehearsal dinner.......attendant gifts........attendant flowers & all that stuff, so we're going to have a big reception. A N D we aren't having a church wedding.....we aren't religious........so no fuss about flowers at the church or transportation from the church & all that stuff because the ceremony will be at the same venue. It's going to be super expensive ofc....but lots cheaper than it could be.....

Old 02-26-2020, 02:11 PM

23,940 posts, read 33,819,997 times
Quote:
Invitations are a long way from going out...........but this was stuff that she said because she found out I wasn't having a bridal party. She is invited to the wedding. We are keeping costs down by not having a rehearsal dinner.......attendant gifts........attendant flowers & all that stuff, so we're going to have a big reception. A N D we aren't having a church wedding.....we aren't religious........so no fuss about flowers at the church or transportation from the church & all that stuff because the ceremony will be at the same venue. It's going to be super expensive ofc....but lots cheaper than it could be.....
I've told you before, some people get weird when people get married. There is always that one friend that tries to make it about them. Eff that! This is your day, she had hers. You should tell her that if she does call you. She did her wedding her way, you never asked to be in it

Old 02-26-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
I've told you before, some people get weird when people get married. There is always that one friend that tries to make it about them. Eff that! This is your day, she had hers. You should tell her that if she does call you. She did her wedding her way, you never asked to be in it

Ita.....AND I'm so happy we are not having a bridal party.........so it can be just about us. I'm just not the traditional type.............thank you Rose! I can't rep you again.......

Old 02-27-2020, 11:30 AM

15,654 posts, read 26,373,483 times
Quote:
Ita.....AND I'm so happy we are not having a bridal party.........so it can be just about us. I'm just not the traditional type.............thank you Rose! I can't rep you again.......
Years ago, I had a friend who was getting married, and a bunch of her relatives were telling her she had to have this, or she had to have that, she had to do this, she had to do that. It was making her crazy, and it was adding to the cost of the wedding with all of the stuff and traditions that they wanted her to do. One day we were out having lunch and her mother was there and they were talking about this and she was getting upset.

That’s when I looked at her and said here’s the thing, in Pennsylvania, for you to get married all that is required is a bride and groom, and officiant, and two witnesses. The rest is gravy. If you don’t want to get a stupid registration book with a stupid feather pen that costs $25, you don’t have to do it. The state of Pennsylvania does not require you to have one. If you do not want to have foofoo little favors so everyone can take crap home with them, the state of Pennsylvania does not require you to do this. I listed off a litany of things that her family was telling her that she had to do, and told her that the state of Pennsylvania did not require her to do any of this to get married. And then I looked at her and said I just saved you probably $5000. There was silence as we looked at each other, and they got off at Merry Go Round of trying to please every one and she had the wedding she wanted to have.

And the best part? At the wedding everyone was happy and enjoyed themselves

Old 03-20-2020, 04:59 PM

1,125 posts, read 896,870 times
What is she...20? I would not give her opinion one minute of my time.

Old 03-21-2020, 08:02 AM

Quote:

I was a little shocked too........but she called me yesterday & apologized. We are all going stir crazy with being inside so much......but she said she had time to think & she felt really bad. She also told me a little about some stuff she is going through in her marriage & we had a nice conversation.....& that it may have had a part in what she said or how she was feeling that day........so.....IMO it's blown over & she said she was looking forward to celebrating...........tho I'm a little cautious. We've been close friends for sooo long.....it would hurt to see it all end that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings