Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 11:30 AM

4,050 posts, read 2,734,731 times

Advertisements

Why do you ask the questions and then argue with the responses? Jeez...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2019, 11:33 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,643,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Why do you ask the questions and then argue with the responses? Jeez...

I didn't ask what to call his e d i t: "dad's wife"......or worry about a will....laughs. I asked how do we honor his deceased mom?

Old 12-17-2019, 11:35 AM

4,050 posts, read 2,734,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I didn't ask what to call his e d i t: "dad's wife"......or worry about a will....laughs. I asked how do we honor his deceased mom?
And people have given you suggestions. But carry on.

Old 12-17-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post

IMHO, his step-mom may be insulted if the groom danced with your mom and not her.

I would make sure she wasn't ofc........I really don't think she wants that spotlight tho.........& I don't know if my groom would want to share that moment with her too.....because they don't know the other that well...........

Old 12-17-2019, 11:54 AM

11,836 posts, read 12,117,431 times
https://www.theknot.com/content/12-w...t-your-wedding

Old 12-17-2019, 11:54 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,302,211 times
Quote:
I would make sure she wasn't ofc........I really don't think she wants that spotlight tho.........& I don't know if my groom would want to share that moment with her too.....because they don't know the other that well...........
You keep reminding people that this thread is about "honoring his late mother". Frankly, I don't see how having the groom dance with his wife's mother is "honoring his late mother".

Old 12-17-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
You keep reminding people that this thread is about "honoring his late mother". Frankly, I don't see how having the groom dance with his wife's mother is "honoring his late mother".

It's not......they aren't the same....it's honoring my mom & giving him someone to dance with because his mom can't........and then we honor his mom in a special way....like during a speech before the champagne toast. Other suggestions would be welcome too..........but I do really like that one........& he does too. His brother could give it before the best man's toast...........

Old 12-17-2019, 01:11 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,717,848 times
Quote:
It's not......they aren't the same....it's honoring my mom & giving him someone to dance with because his mom can't........and then we honor his mom in a special way....like during a speech before the champagne toast. Other suggestions would be welcome too..........but I do really like that one........& he does too. His brother could give it before the best man's toast...........
He doesn't need to dance with anyone. I've been to weddings recently where the bride and groom dance and then the father and bride dance. And then everyone dances.

It's coming across to some of us as intentionally leaving out his step-mother - I can only imagine how it will come across to those in attendance.

Old 12-17-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
He doesn't need to dance with anyone. I've been to weddings recently where the bride and groom dance and then the father and bride dance. And then everyone dances.

It's coming across to some of us as intentionally leaving out his step-mother - I can only imagine how it will come across to those in attendance.

It won't be leaving her out....because she will dance with his dad........but she didn't raise him or anything.... she doesn't want that spotlight. If she raised him....I'm ita how it wouldn't be right to not have her dance with my groom BUT...if they want to....that will be up to the 2 of them............

The bride's mom dancing with the groom is kinda traditional....that's not going to come across anyway but sweet IMO. I would really love to see them dance together while I dance with my dad....A N D he knows my mom better & would love to honor her too.

People in attendance will know him ofc.....& that his mom passed like 10 yrs ago. They might not even know that his dad is remarried tho....because that was recent......so it will come across perfectly fine IMO........

Thank you tho.......

Old 12-17-2019, 01:47 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,717,848 times
Quote:
It won't be leaving her out....because she will dance with his dad........but she didn't raise him or anything.... she doesn't want that spotlight. If she raised him....I'm ita how it wouldn't be right to not have her dance with my groom BUT...if they want to....that will be up to the 2 of them............

The bride's mom dancing with the groom is kinda traditional....that's not going to come across anyway but sweet IMO. I would really love to see them dance together while I dance with my dad....A N D he knows my mom better & would love to honor her too.

People in attendance will know him ofc.....& that his mom passed like 10 yrs ago. They might not even know that his dad is remarried tho....because that was recent......so it will come across perfectly fine IMO........

Thank you tho.......
It comes across as disingenuous to say his step mother didn't raise him so she shouldn't dance with him - when YOUR mother didn't raise him either.

You made your mind up long before you asked - just as you did with the New Years Eve wedding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings