Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 08:41 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,643,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
The fabric has been the "it" fabric for the last year. Lots of brides have been buying it on Say Yes To The Dress. You really should watch this season and last to see the common gowns being bought because it sounds like you want to be different. I agree that gown needs lining. It looks like a negligee

Pronovias 2020 Equilibrium

I still like that other mermaid.

Me too.....But I’ve been looking at all the 2020 lines............

E d i t: I do want to be different.....we are thinking about a New Year’s Eve wedding... more fun & “glam”....

Last edited by TashaPosh; 11-11-2019 at 10:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 01:26 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,970,848 times
I am assuming the wedding is planned for New Year's Eve, 2020 - otherwise, get off C-D and get scrambling, if it's this year!

New Year's Eve may be a good theme, but it may not work well for many guests, particularly if they have traditional places to be and customary things to do on New Year's Eve. Also, many churches have Watch Night Services on December 31 - make sure the venue you want is available then.

Perhaps December 30 would avoid these potential issues, yet be close enough to New Year's that the theme would not be unseasonal.

Old 11-11-2019, 01:53 PM

4,050 posts, read 2,734,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I am assuming the wedding is planned for New Year's Eve, 2020 - otherwise, get off C-D and get scrambling, if it's this year!

New Year's Eve may be a good theme, but it may not work well for many guests, particularly if they have traditional places to be and customary things to do on New Year's Eve. Also, many churches have Watch Night Services on December 31 - make sure the venue you want is available then.

Perhaps December 30 would avoid these potential issues, yet be close enough to New Year's that the theme would not be unseasonal.
You are correct.

Old 11-11-2019, 02:00 PM

23,940 posts, read 33,819,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Me too.....But I’ve been looking at all the 2020 lines............

E d i t: I do want to be different.....we are thinking about a New Year’s Eve wedding... more fun & “glam”....
Yes, it could be fun and glam but as someone else said, your relatives may do something else every new years eve. I think I'd run it by some that are coming to see if everyone will make it

Old 11-11-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Yes, it could be fun and glam but as someone else said, your relatives may do something else every new years eve. I think I'd run it by some that are coming to see if everyone will make it

Thank you....I have run it by some of my friends & family. I also read on a wedding site it’s more important to send a *save the date card* in advance for New Year’s Eve weddings.....before people make other plans....

But.....good friends & most family will come anyways....& who doesn’t want a free party on New Year’s Eve so lots of people that aren’t as close may be more likely to come then IMO.....

Old 11-11-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post

There is plenty of time.....New Year’s Eve 2020 ofc. It would be impossible to plan a large wedding on New Year’s Eve for this year this late.....

We are close to booking the venue....it’s been narrowed down to 2......& I’m online everywhere right now because it’s super fun to plan & discuss....A N D...my maid of honor is getting married in June.....

E d i t: I didn’t know church was a thing on New Year’s Eve......but I can’t see that being a problem with our guests. I didn’t even read anything about that on the wedding site.....but they cover lots of pros to it. One of the cons is people having other plans......so they suggest a save the date card earlier than normal.....

Last edited by TashaPosh; 11-11-2019 at 03:12 PM..

Old 11-12-2019, 11:08 AM

4,422 posts, read 3,511,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
There is plenty of time.....New Year’s Eve 2020 ofc. It would be impossible to plan a large wedding on New Year’s Eve for this year this late.....

We are close to booking the venue....it’s been narrowed down to 2......& I’m online everywhere right now because it’s super fun to plan & discuss....A N D...my maid of honor is getting married in June.....

E d i t: I didn’t know church was a thing on New Year’s Eve......but I can’t see that being a problem with our guests. I didn’t even read anything about that on the wedding site.....but they cover lots of pros to it. One of the cons is people having other plans......so they suggest a save the date card earlier than normal.....

Is there a reason you put spaces between letters in certain words? It makes it kind of hard to read.

Old 11-12-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
Is there a reason you put spaces between letters in certain words? It makes it kind of hard to read.

Then don’t read my posts......

Old 11-12-2019, 12:01 PM

1,860 posts, read 1,266,060 times
Planning a wedding on a holiday is not fair to guests in my opinion. There are plenty of ways to have beautiful themed weddings not on a holiday. New years is still "christmas" holiday and people may be forced to pick between your wedding and a holiday tradition. My cousin is getting married December 21st, which me and most of my family would have to travel to attend. So the people traveling have to travel there on the 19th (pre wedding stuff on the 20th) and travel back on the 22nd. Travel is extremely expensive that close to christmas and is very disruptive to traditional visits the weekend before christmas.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:16 PM

4,050 posts, read 2,734,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
Planning a wedding on a holiday is not fair to guests in my opinion. There are plenty of ways to have beautiful themed weddings not on a holiday. New years is still "christmas" holiday and people may be forced to pick between your wedding and a holiday tradition. My cousin is getting married December 21st, which me and most of my family would have to travel to attend. So the people traveling have to travel there on the 19th (pre wedding stuff on the 20th) and travel back on the 22nd. Travel is extremely expensive that close to christmas and is very disruptive to traditional visits the weekend before christmas.
I agree with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings