Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 12:19 PM

99 posts, read 44,382 times

Advertisements

Our daughter got married about 6 months ago. A relative from west coast was invited and came to the wedding. They were invited to the rehearsal dinner and did not come. They did not go through the receiving line at the ceremony to congratulate the couple. They came late and left the reception early without saying goodbye to anyone outside of those at their table.

They are now claiming they were made to feel unwelcome and no longer speaking to bride or us. My husband spoke to them for a few minutes at the reception and we greeted them at the ceremony. They are saying all kinds of hateful things that are just not true and are unwilling to discuss it.

Anyone else with a similar problem? With 150 guests it is quite difficult to make one couple feel special. By the time wedding duties were done, they were gone.

Jay

Last edited by Jaybirddie; 12-21-2017 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2017, 08:44 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,155,400 times
The wedding was not about them. Exactly what were they expecting? It sounds as though it was their decision not to fully participate after traveling to be there.

Old 12-22-2017, 10:27 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,168,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
The wedding was not about them. Exactly what were they expecting? It sounds as though it was their decision not to fully participate after traveling to be there.
I was thinking the same thing.

The only exception might be "honored guests" like grandparents who may be granted a little extra attention or signs of respect such as a corsage/boutonniere or acknowledgment from the wedding couple and immediate family.

Old 12-22-2017, 07:07 PM

323 posts, read 219,518 times
You can't make everyone happy. Of they arent willing to listen then.
Just forget about them..

Old 12-23-2017, 09:16 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,193,250 times
Oh God, there is always something wrong, there is always someone who feels slighted no matter what. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't. Take the money I spent on wedding go on a nicer vacation. Or new furniture or savings. Or car, really needed a newer car then. My parents actually offered me cash money to not have a wedding and I turned it down, stupid.

Old 12-23-2017, 11:30 PM

323 posts, read 219,518 times
Boo hoo

Old 12-27-2017, 03:08 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybirddie View Post
Our daughter got married about 6 months ago. A relative from west coast was invited and came to the wedding. They were invited to the rehearsal dinner and did not come. They did not go through the receiving line at the ceremony to congratulate the couple. They came late and left the reception early without saying goodbye to anyone outside of those at their table.

They are now claiming they were made to feel unwelcome and no longer speaking to bride or us.

Jay
Some people like to create drama at weddings (and sadly, at funerals too) to make it all about them. It's also a symptom of histrionic personality disorder. Let them quit talking to you and be grateful for it. I honestly would forget about them.

Old 12-27-2017, 03:09 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
Oh God, there is always something wrong, there is always someone who feels slighted no matter what. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't. Take the money I spent on wedding go on a nicer vacation. Or new furniture or savings. Or car, really needed a newer car then. My parents actually offered me cash money to not have a wedding and I turned it down, stupid.
What does this have to do with OP's situation? What he spent (or didn't spend) on the wedding is not the issue here.

Old 12-27-2017, 03:10 PM

130,455 posts, read 12,124,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Some people like to create drama at weddings (and sadly, at funerals too) to make it all about them. It's also a symptom of histrionic personality disorder. Let them quit talking to you and be grateful for it. I honestly would forget about them.

I agree, the wedding was not about them, so you are better off without the drama queens

Old 12-27-2017, 06:45 PM

99 posts, read 44,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
histrionic personality disorder - Gotta look that one up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings