Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 11:10 PM

362 posts, read 590,248 times

Advertisements

Yakima Scanner Live - Police and Fire Radio

online scanner

To play directly in your audio player, copy this address to the URL address of the player.
http://scanner.redirectme.net:8000/yakima
For Quicktime Players Use:
icy://scanner.redirectme.net:8000/yakima
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 09:15 AM

2 posts, read 22,400 times
Default Move elsewhere, not to Yakima!

My family helped build not only Yakima but this country and we say do not live in Yakima unless you like no Police help when your car is stolen or your family is wiped out by a family well known there. The problem is Yakima is corrupt. The theft of over $174,000,000.00 the loss of two homes and our business and all our entire family owned is so ridiculous. What is ridiculous? The actions of the Law there In my hometown, where I performed music, went to college, where I owned several businesses. Where my children grew up. Yeah, a lot of us who grew up there have left there. Walla Walla is better and growing, actually any place is better than Yakima. It has always been corrupt, but when the local Police and City refuse to do right, even down to refusal to set right their own mistakes, the last one cost our family all we had, no clothing, no cars, nothing! DO NOT LIVE IN YAKIMA! The POLICE do not fingerprint and they ignored witnesses on two cases! The Court there is in to prosecuting first, ask questions never! They also will not listen to eyewitnesses who saw killings!

Last edited by SenseiAlesi; 02-26-2008 at 09:28 AM..

Old 02-26-2008, 06:38 PM

428 posts, read 2,441,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseiAlesi View Post
My family helped build not only Yakima but this country and we say do not live in Yakima unless you like no Police help when your car is stolen or your family is wiped out by a family well known there. The problem is Yakima is corrupt. The theft of over $174,000,000.00 the loss of two homes and our business and all our entire family owned is so ridiculous. What is ridiculous? The actions of the Law there In my hometown, where I performed music, went to college, where I owned several businesses. Where my children grew up. Yeah, a lot of us who grew up there have left there. Walla Walla is better and growing, actually any place is better than Yakima. It has always been corrupt, but when the local Police and City refuse to do right, even down to refusal to set right their own mistakes, the last one cost our family all we had, no clothing, no cars, nothing! DO NOT LIVE IN YAKIMA! The POLICE do not fingerprint and they ignored witnesses on two cases! The Court there is in to prosecuting first, ask questions never! They also will not listen to eyewitnesses who saw killings!
Is there something I can google? If not, I'm sorry, but it all just starts running together, the Yakima bashing begins to sound like blah blah blah. If so, I appreciate you doing your part here on the forum to keep property values down so that I can get a great deal in 3 or so years.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:34 PM

3 posts, read 17,875 times
just my 2 cents worth,
you might try living in Ellensburg and commute to Yakima. As mentioned previously, the illegal population has gotten way out of control and brought a significant amount of crime, drugs, domestic violence, gangs, etc. with it. sad to say but what was once a nice small town america type community is now...just a horrible environment in general. Although its been awhile since I had to relocate from Ellensburg (because of job), it was a really nice, clean, town. I knew of several people that car pooled to Yakima so maybe thats an option. hope this helps.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:23 AM

479 posts, read 2,225,167 times
I agree with NewGuy85, consider Ellensburg! I am surprised Ellensburg hasn't come up sooner. Its a safe, small college town about 30 minutes away from Yakima.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:45 AM

2 posts, read 15,560 times
I have read all of the posts concerning Yakima. I am another military wife who's husband received orders to Yakima. I have been looking at houses everywhere. I think I might have found a house in Zillah. Can anyone tell me about that area. Is this an area I want to stay away from?

Old 03-10-2008, 04:56 PM

428 posts, read 2,441,019 times
Zillah is nice. I know of a couple who have a B & B in the middle of their cherry orchard. It has the least crime of the towns in the lower valley, and lots of newer homes. I think the commute would be about 25-30 minutes from Zillah to the training center.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:33 PM

1 posts, read 9,496 times
Yakima is bad, no doubt. But Seattle and Tacoma are worse. So if you really are worried about anywhere in this state, those two specifically are infamous. Moses Lake is bad too...so is the tri-cities. If you are looking for a safe place to live in washington you won't find one. WA is a very dangerous state to live in. Property crime rate is very high, the state stat folks lie about the rates of crime. They say seattle is safe and that in itself is a joke. The media doesn't report half of the crap that happens there because it happens so often they cannot keep up with it all. Tacoma...oh boy. Yakima is heaven compared to the west side of the state.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:08 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,425,962 times
Yes, some of the comments from others on the crime and gang banger's in Yakima are surely not fabricated....The good people of Yakima and surrounding cities need to continue to work with the Police Department, Major and other city leaders to crack down hard on the gang activities.Most of these "I'll call kids" gangs not doing things positive....? Too bad our governmnent doesn't put the ones physically able to walk , run and "we know" carry a gun...be drafted in the military and fight for their country...sure would be better than killing one another on the streets.....

Anyway, Yes Terrace heights is the only place I would consider moving to if I were to go back to yakima....I used to enjoy being in this city....How many ppl are in this city that are not American citizens.......

Old 04-29-2008, 01:29 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,118,560 times
Only negative I can think of for Zillah is it's on the East side of Yakima and the Training Center is North and West - so the commute would be longer, you'd have to go through the length of Yakima, which is not that big nor is the traffic usually that bad, but, they are on opposite sides of town. The North and West sides of Yakima proper are the better parts of town. Selah might work for you as well.

If you can find a good house to rent in Zillah, though, probably not a bad choice, IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington