Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 01:08 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,043,053 times

Advertisements

I still say that there's no way for you or anybody else to predict exactly where the real estate market will be 5 years or 10 years from now.

I realize what you are saying and as I've said, I don't necessarily disagree with your premise but there's no crystal ball.

I still say there's no definitive way you can assure me where real estate prices will be 5 years from now.

We can all state conjecture based on what we think is intelligent reasoning. However, I think it unfair for you to respond to that poster as if you do in fact have a crystal ball. I probably would've responded in the same way but the manner you came across was a bit arrogant, IMO.

I espoused the same reasoning in regards to the stock market in the late 1990s. Not many agreed with me. After all, it was a "new paradigm." I happened to be right, just as you "might" be right. Again, I'm not saying that I necessarily disagree with your premise as you mistakenly are assuming.

I'm not going to respond on this thread again, so have at it ...you can have the last word.

--'rocco

Last edited by scirocco22; 04-02-2007 at 01:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 01:35 PM

45 posts, read 173,871 times
"However, I think it unfair for you to respond to that poster as if you do in fact have a crystal ball. I probably would've responded in the same way but the manner you came across was a bit arrogant, IMO."

Again, I don't care what you think. I was responding to fourfirs, not you. You seem to digress to a position of critiquing others posts, rather than contributing any meaningful information which people are in search of. Talk about arrogance, look in the mirror.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:37 PM

send the person a PM then. It's a public forum.

jeez, I said I wasn't going to respond again.

--'rocco

Old 04-02-2007, 01:51 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,058,896 times
He's right - it's a public forum and posting in such, you are bound to get a variety of answers. The fact that you bother to respond does in fact show that you DO care what he thinks - otherwise you would let it go, confident you knew what you were talking about. You may enjoy having others disagree with you, but it also appears that you enjoy being the bearer of bad news.

What 'Rocco was saying, and I have to agree - is that yes, you could be right - but given you are one lone voice on a message board, and have nothing to back up your claims - your speaking as this voice of authority is a tad much... you aren't really contributing anything that's meaningful either...

Old 04-02-2007, 02:06 PM

Jenbar, in case you missed it the first time:

"You seem to digress to a position of critiquing others posts, rather than contributing any meaningful information which people are in search of. Talk about arrogance, look in the mirror."

Old 04-02-2007, 02:52 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,058,896 times
And again, I say - as a lone messageboard poster... you have yet to contribute anything meaningful either. You speak like you have some authority on this (or any) subject - but you can't provide any reference to your claims. Why do you think that just because you have posted, it should be accepted as fact?

Old 04-02-2007, 03:15 PM

You obviously haven't read or comprehended any of my posts. I find it unfortunate that people like you and rocco would rather jump all over somebody than offer anything of substance to readers. I re-read my post to fourfirs and there is nothing in it to warrant this sort of nonsense.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:31 PM

Do you really think that fourfirs appreciated your comments?

I certainly wouldn't want somebody shooting me down in the manner that you have for a decision I made. fourfirs seemed pleased and happy with his decision of purchasing the land that he and his wife have chosen. Perhaps it is their dream property and maybe they have given it a lot of thought.

To have somebody make comments such as you have is uncalled for too. Your post made it sound like you're the ultimate authority. There was nowhere in your comments that could be construed as "constructive advice" to fourfirs and his wife ...just criticism of their decision because you think a certain scenario is going to happen. To me, the height of arrogance.

Ok, NOW, I'm through with this.

If somebody catches me posting on this thread again, be sure to slap me upside the head.

--'rocco

Old 04-02-2007, 09:47 PM

16 posts, read 151,379 times
My goodness! I had no idea such thoughts would be provoked by my posting. I am not upset at BanteringBear. I find his opinion interesting. I never looked at the market as being at its peak. I just took advantage of an extended period of time off work that occurred as a result of an unfortunate accident. I was rear ended on Interstate 405 last May and had to have two shoulder surgeries as a result. I have been recuperating for the last four months and during that time my wife and I decided to look for land to build on when I retire. I do know that prices in that area have been steadily climbing for quite some time. Perhaps you are right in your assessment BB. We did notice in our search that the property we finally decided on was about $30,000 less than anything we saw from Port Townsend to Port Angeles with an even comparable view. We cannot afford to gamble with the premis that land will go down in five years. We also have limited time to look now that I am back to work. I feel that we missed the boat, so to speak, by not buying five to ten years ago. But then we didn't have the time to look seriously either.
I am curious to know how you might know which piece of property I am refering to however. But then again I guess I did give some specific information.
I lost enough money in 2001 in the stock market. I hope you are incorrect about your projections. We, like many people, are just trying to enjoy the idea that we can find something in life to look forward to. This land aquisition, which by the way is still in the "feasability study" stages of purchase is a means to an end more so than a financial tool to make more money. When we build our house I won't be second guessing our decision.
I hope you can find something that will satisfy your goals in the next few years and I trully do not hold any ill feelings about your statements.
Best of luck!

Old 04-02-2007, 10:08 PM

--delete--

Last edited by scirocco22; 08-28-2007 at 09:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington