Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2022, 04:06 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,054,000 times

Advertisements

Contact WSP traffic safety coordinator for your district. They will have the stats for that state road,, and the ability to repost speed limits if necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2022, 04:45 PM

13,073 posts, read 7,511,991 times
OQ
The safe fastest and the slowest drivers set the speed for cars. Trucks are monitored and will go according to the trucking co rules.

Old 08-08-2022, 04:59 PM
509 509 started this thread

6,321 posts, read 7,046,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Contact WSP traffic safety coordinator for your district. They will have the stats for that state road,, and the ability to repost speed limits if necessary.
thanks that is what I was looking for!!

Old 08-08-2022, 05:59 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
Reckless driving is recklessly driving no matter how fast or slow you go.
I think other than drunk driving swerving through cars and quickly changing lanes as if you are road racing is about as bad as it gets, regardless of speed.
Closely following that are the slow drivers.
Driving slow and having numerous people pass you is more dangerous than driving at a high speed in a good car on the open road.
Tailgaters are also worse than normal speeders.

California has better high speed freeways than what is here in Washington and has been surveyed for higher speeds.
80 miles per hour is not a magic number making you unsafe in all areas.

What’s up with your distain for California ?
Does it suit your agenda?

Old 08-09-2022, 12:26 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,783,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
Reckless driving is recklessly driving no matter how fast or slow you go.
I think other than drunk driving swerving through cars and quickly changing lanes as if you are road racing is about as bad as it gets, regardless of speed.
Closely following that are the slow drivers.
Driving slow and having numerous people pass you is more dangerous than driving at a high speed in a good car on the open road.
Tailgaters are also worse than normal speeders.

California has better high speed freeways than what is here in Washington and has been surveyed for higher speeds.
80 miles per hour is not a magic number making you unsafe in all areas.

What’s up with your distain for California ?
Does it suit your agenda?
Notice where speeding is in these reports.

We are elaborating some of the common behaviour of humans which results in accident.

Causes of Road Accidents | Transport Department, Government of Jharkhand

1.Over Speeding
2.Drunken Driving
3.Distractions to Driver

https://www.injurylawyers.com/blog/c...car-accidents/
The 12 Most Common Causes of Car Accidents · 1. Distracted Driving · 2. Speeding · 3. Drunk Driving · 4. Reckless Driving · 5. Inclement Weather

https://seriousaccidents.com/legal-a...car-accidents/
  1. Distracted Driving. Distracted drivers are the top cause of car accidents in the U.S. today.
  2. Speeding. kills, and traveling above the speed limit is an easy way to cause a car accident.
  3. Drunk Driving. Driving under the influence of alcohol
It varies a little but speeding is stupid and uncaring.

Old 08-09-2022, 01:46 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
Notice where they fail to mention reckless driving?
You can make stats say whatever you want

Old 08-09-2022, 04:42 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,880,044 times
Bottom line, I am now old enough to know that police enforcement was much greater in the 70’s and 80’s than today. It is obvious covid has chopped this down, but this trend has been going for years before covid.

My first ticket was on my trip from Seattle to WSU in 1977 on SR 26. I was pulled over for 62 in a 55. That simply rarely happens today.

I-90 in eastern Washington is posted at 70 but I would make a guess the average speed is 80. Police can’t really enforce this limit when 80 percent are driving at that speed. I think another issue is some States near Washington have speed limits of 80 on freeways. In my opinion, as I think I posted earlier, 75 would be better on I-90 in eastern Washington.

Old 08-10-2022, 02:40 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,783,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
Notice where they fail to mention reckless driving?
You can make stats say whatever you want
Speeding is reckless driving.

I am not concerned about say 5 or 6 miles over the limit, but 10,15 or 20 is reckless and quite common everywhere.

Old 08-11-2022, 05:44 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,254,535 times
Enforce the Speeding laws on the books the by the WSP on the Interstate, and local Sheriff Departments, on non-Interstate freeways. But i know that is easier said than done.

Old 08-12-2022, 07:52 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
Enforce the Speeding laws on the books the by the WSP on the Interstate, and local Sheriff Departments, on non-Interstate freeways. But i know that is easier said than done.
No, it's impossible now, remember the chase law!

"Under the new law, police officers can't give chase unless there's reasonable suspicion to believe the driver is impaired or the higher standard of probable cause to believe they're an escaped felon or have committed a violent crime or a sex crime." If you have a problem with speeders, you will have to replace the governor and state legislators.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...20sex%20crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington