Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 05:41 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,438,347 times

Advertisements

Today I had to go into "town" for a doctor appointment & a couple of errands. On Front Street I saw 2 different people walking & talking to themselves. No, they were not talking on phones. One kept spinning in circles & flipping the bird at people.

There were not one, but 2 cardboard sign people at the Walmart entrance.

A crew was working on the remains of one of the last historic brick buildings on Front Street that some houseless folk set on fire.

I drove to Ediz Hook to stop & eat lunch & on the way saw a man with his car parked up by the bluff side, with a big pile of garbage, pitching a tent. The homeless outreach said he was contacted to move on out over the weekend. They said to me "He's still there?"

On a side street between Front & First, I saw a woman standing next to a car, changing clothes. She had stripped down to her bra & underpants. In front of a dance studio on First Street where people take their kids, a man was laying on the sidewalk, curled into a ball. I had to drive up an alley to change directions & drove past a guy in a long cape, carrying what appeared to be a long-handled ax over his shoulder. He had a big grin on his face. He caught up to me just about when I could safely pull into traffic & yes, it was an ax & no, he wasn't a lumberjack. This was a different guy than the one carrying a machete a few weeks ago. At least this time when I stopped to get food, there wasn't a guy with a tarp trying to lay in the half-dead bushes by the sidewalk yelling at nothing.

I had to pay attention to my driving, so I could only count graffiti-like markings on 4 buildings, one fence, 2 dumpsters.

All of this was between 1:00 p.m. & 4:35 p.m. on a Monday afternoon.

As I drove out of town, I thought to myself, "I once worked in this area, took walks on my lunch break, worked in an unlocked office after dark". Hmmmm...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2022, 08:34 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,922,510 times
Wow! That was some trip to la la land!!!

Old 05-09-2022, 09:54 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,074,759 times
I spent the morning there at the hospital with my kid.
All the freaks musta been still sleeping.
I often do see weirdos there.

Also,
There is a smoke shop near the Sequim Safeway that always seems to have the “ugly people” there.
There is something about that “shop” that seems to attract these people there .

Old 05-10-2022, 10:38 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,407,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I spent the morning there at the hospital with my kid.
All the freaks musta been still sleeping.
I often do see weirdos there.

Also,
There is a smoke shop near the Sequim Safeway that always seems to have the “ugly people” there.
There is something about that “shop” that seems to attract these people there .
l went to Subway down from Safeway and there was women asleep on the walkway about three feet in from of the Subway entrance.

Its not uncommon to see panhandlers at the east Walmart entrance or at the first exit to Sequim coming from PA.

Sequim really doesn't have a homeless encampment that I have ever seem, but we will see if one doesn't appear after the Jamestown drug clinic is up and running.

Old 05-10-2022, 03:55 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,570 posts, read 81,147,605 times
With my parents living in PA for over 20 years I have spent a lot of time there. The homeless population has increased steadily over the years, especially in the downtown area. We have always been aware of drug houses down 112 toward Joyce.
We haven't been up there much since Covid, but while in town were surprised to pass a good dozen or more pot shops. That seems a lot for a town of only 20,000, must be a lot of stoned people around. Our city is 65,000 and has none at all.

Old 05-10-2022, 04:17 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,128,610 times
OP, I was laughing through most of your post. It’s not funny and I get that, still..where I live has it’s share of whack a doodles, but am very thankful that I don’t live in your area. Meth is a sad thing and a lot of the state has deteriorated because of it. At least your area doesn’t have a sex offender half way house, like they’re going to have here starting in June.

Old 05-10-2022, 05:11 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,253,471 times
Sad times these days. Use to go often to Port Angeles when i was younger with my family.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:01 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,438,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Sequim really doesn't have a homeless encampment that I have ever seem, but we will see if one doesn't appear after the Jamestown drug clinic is up and running.
That's my concern as well, but I guess most people in Sequim are asleep, blissfully unaware or somehow mind-altered as to the possibilities.

((((((SHUDDER))))))))

Old 05-10-2022, 09:46 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,697,825 times
Sounds like Port Townsend’s finest! And I’m talking about several years ago. Must be even worse now.

Old 05-14-2022, 07:42 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,784,199 times
I'd drive into Portland Oregon, foster road, then Lombard going back to 205. Talk about garbage piles everywhere, abandoned vehicles ...

What with tight rules, we're not seeing too many more in Vancouver, wondering what next in 5 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington