Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2022, 09:50 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,700,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Yeah mild here in Tricities too. A nothing burger this season, but I am ok with that.
I think you're winter is done which got really cold in the beginning along with the rest of the PNW. Looking at the long range forecast, you'll be lucky to see rain again until maybe spring. But there will still some winter frosts next week. Even here in Vancouver/Portland metro there's only a few days of light rain the long range forecast. We got some drizzle today which the plants needed after the hot weekend. I'm not really to start watering yet.

I also saw the first signs of spring with someone posting early wildflower photos from Coyote Wall near White Salmon. Its usually one of the first hikes to get spring flowers in the Gorge. I would imagine there are parts around Tri-Cities that will start showing some early flowers sprouting up as well given the unseasonably warm winter weather.

Derek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 07:01 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,880,044 times
Yes we tend to come out of winter earlier than other regions, but a cold snap is expected this late weekend. Fortunately will be dry.

Old 02-24-2022, 05:14 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,700,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Yes we tend to come out of winter earlier than other regions, but a cold snap is expected this late weekend. Fortunately will be dry.
With a high of 32 today in Tri-Cities (and likely colder earlier this week), I wonder if you guys got any snow over these past few days? Maybe not if no precipitation accompanied the latest winter freeze out east?

Derek

Old 02-24-2022, 05:42 PM

Yes, but as usual pretty measly. Had about 1 inch and the roads are basically clear. Supposed to quickly warmup.

Old 02-24-2022, 09:10 PM

Tri cities averages less than 5 inches of snow per year. So we ended up with about that this year. You see, precipitation is fairly rare here rain or snow. Yes, an occasional big snow happens but not often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington