Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2022, 09:13 PM

861 posts, read 1,061,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
That is a breakfast that will last you all day. Miss those types of restaurant runs on the weekends
A few miles west of there, on 20, is the Farmhouse. We don't eat there often, but we've never had a bad meal.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2022, 04:58 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,252,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdog View Post
A few miles west of there, on 20, is the Farmhouse. We don't eat there often, but we've never had a bad meal.
Thanks for the tip. Next Trip ( After Covid) I will Investigate.

Old 01-21-2022, 12:39 PM

861 posts, read 1,061,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
Thanks for the tip. Next Trip ( After Covid) I will Investigate.
Speaking of covid, we were planning a trip to Maui, in May. No more, now that they're requiring booster shots of all visitors.

Old 01-21-2022, 01:54 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,252,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdog View Post
Speaking of covid, we were planning a trip to Maui, in May. No more, now that they're requiring booster shots of all visitors.
Yes good move. Maui has a higher rate of percentage of new cases of Covid cases then Oahu's percentage. Oahu always has more cases due to the number of people living here.

Old 01-22-2022, 05:22 PM

314 posts, read 486,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianawoodcock View Post
Hello!

I am looking to see if living in Oak Harbor and commuting to mount vernon for work is a good idea or not.
The zip code in oak harbor would be 98277 and the zip code in mount vernon would be 98233.
It shows about 45 minutes of travel.

I don’t know much about Deception Pass.

Some concerns I have is traffic, wind and general danger.

I have a Nissan Versa Note, which is a pretty light car. I do have all season tires, that are new and would be able to get any kind of necessary equipment for my car if needed.

How dangerous is the wind? How bad can the traffic get and if so, how often?
I’ve never lived in Washington & I am moving from Missouri.

Any advice or suggestions is greatly appreciated.
When I lived in Stanwood and worked in Burlington, I knew several who did that drive from Oak Harbor to Mt Vernon. If you aren't afraid to use transit, Island Transit and Skagit Transit run that route often too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington