Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 10:16 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,754,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
And this makes you unhappy? I'm jumping for joy. People are moving away? Great! This state is too crowded. I hope the pace picks up.

Nah. People are moving because real estate prices are so high, which was mostly caused by the people that poured in here over the last 15 years from their low wage/high unemployment Rust Belt states. They liked our high minimum wage and our social safety net, but their huge numbers created this housing mess, so now it's on to the next Nirvana.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
Sorry, that blame goes straight on Californians. I've been in the post office line where 3 people from San Francisco all new each other from living on the SAME street there.
The few rust belt state people I've known that did move here, don't end up staying. They get "baited" into moving here for a $50k/year job, but then realize they are going to spend a lifetime on a rent treadmill for a tiny crappy studio and within a year or two they are headed back home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2021, 10:22 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,260,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
Sorry, that blame goes straight on Californians. I've been in the post office line where 3 people from San Francisco all new each other from living on the SAME street there.
The few rust belt state people I've known that did move here, don't end up staying. They get "baited" into moving here for a $50k/year job, but then realize they are going to spend a lifetime on a rent treadmill for a tiny crappy studio and within a year or two they are headed back home.
Yeah, I thought that was a weird comment. I’ve met very few people from the “Rust Belt” here. Californians on the other hand are a dime a dozen.

Old 02-22-2021, 10:36 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,990,964 times
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...?siteid=yhoof2

The exodus is well under way.

Only tech workers are headed this way. Pretty soon there will be no body left but tech workers and servants for them.

Old 02-22-2021, 10:37 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,754,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Yeah, I thought that was a weird comment. I’ve met very few people from the “Rust Belt” here. Californians on the other hand are a dime a dozen.
Like in the 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies. "Me, me, me, more me's" lol.

Old 02-22-2021, 12:28 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,685,943 times
Looking at the actual U-haul data, it looks almost random. Half of the states are 20 places different from the previous year except for the bottom ten or so. It's a weird year anyway, the data is almost meaningless, so not surprising that the same article has been plastered over every conservative rag to try to score political points. It's the only reason it was posted here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Posting coincides with Property Tax Bills being sent out...

Jaw Dropping describes it...

My home is rented for $2000 per month and property tax is $1350 per month.
I've said it before, but you can't blame the state when you rent out a $2 million property for a tenth of the rental value. Either your numbers are wrong or someone has no idea what the market rate is.

Old 02-22-2021, 12:41 PM

133 posts, read 107,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...?siteid=yhoof2

The exodus is well under way.

Only tech workers are headed this way. Pretty soon there will be no body left but tech workers and servants for them.
You mean tradespeople won't stay behind to service the tech elite? You mean a plumber/electrician can work anywhere in the country and not be subjected to horrible policies? Wow, that's an amazing idea.

Old 02-22-2021, 12:49 PM

206 posts, read 187,899 times
The posted article is an opinion piece from a no-name website.

If you want to have a valid discussion, at least base it on concrete numbers and well sourced information.

Old 02-22-2021, 12:50 PM

Yes, let's put our heads in the sand and pretend there is no exodus from WA state due to horrible corrupt policies.

Old 02-22-2021, 02:19 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,910,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlud View Post
Dems wanted to tank the economy so they could win the election, and notice all the dem governors that went along with it now patiently waiting for the local and state bailouts from the next relief package ...

And that relief money will mostly be spent on government employee salaries and benefits. The remainder will be spent on government programs promoting anti-racism, diversity, green energy, arts funding, etc.

Small business owners destroyed by the lockdown, and their former employees, will get nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlud View Post
They are catering to criminals, homeless, and others that don’t add anything to society by taking away more of my money.
True.

Old 02-22-2021, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
And that relief money will mostly be spent on government employee salaries and benefits. The remainder will be spent on government programs promoting anti-racism, diversity, green energy, arts funding, etc.

Small business owners destroyed by the lockdown, and their former employees, will get nothing.

True.
It's amazing how many times over the last 10 months I've seen these sentiments posted and the poster was then gaslit about how the real villain was Trump, Republicans, capitalism, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington