Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 03:17 PM

6,261 posts, read 3,424,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Unless you want to know the trend line... Increasing?, decreasing?, rate of spread, rate of positive cases / test, hospitalizations vs new cases / day. ...

Are we doing better or worse than March (over time)?
I.e. are we making positive progress, or negative.?
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post

Face masks, Social distance, wash hands...

Rural Countywhere I am visiting had (3) cases, no deaths, no community spread.... one month ago.(52,000 population in my county (Callum = 76,737))

today <4 weeks later... 348 cases and 6 deaths (2 this week).
One testing site reported 47% positive rate 2 weeks ago (<5% is the CDC warning level, >10% is suggested shut-down)

Schools will open next week.

Good luck

Of course you need to know the Rn (rate of spread) which USA cannot do without contact tracing. Our testing is a paltry 1-2% (meaning we know nothing from testing, AND we typically only test those with symptoms (too Late to control spread) and have very delayed test results and too many false negatives)

Maybe you should use your own advice and stay home.

Old 08-05-2020, 06:07 PM

1,348 posts, read 709,459 times
could not be any way near as bad as trumps misleading america on the virus

Old 08-05-2020, 06:09 PM

1,348 posts, read 709,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
maybe most
if not all should another lockdown needed

Old 08-06-2020, 02:36 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,301,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
The wind stops blowing at 6 feet, so we must wear masks in public spaces now unless you stay 6 feet away from people. This is science, don't question it.

Yes, in Washington the virus stops just short of six feet, but only if the exhaler is wearing a mask. It must be getting stronger, because it used to stop short of six feet without the mask.

In most of the world, people don't exhale as hard. They are safe at one meter. I think a few countries have meter-and-a-half viruses.

Old 08-06-2020, 07:37 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,758 posts, read 58,150,330 times
Quote:
I've been in one spot since Feb. (one of my multiple homes across the world)

Stuck here (USA) due to Covid. Maybe the USA will win the prize... "Most dangerous place", especially W/O affordable or available HC

Thanks for your concerns for my personal safety.

Old 08-06-2020, 08:17 AM

3,700 posts, read 2,423,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Wear your mask anyway. If they are telling the truth, you are protecting yourself. If they are lying, you aren't out anything.

If you are going to error, error on the side of safety.
Wise words.

And we can look at Herman Cain as an example.

Old 08-06-2020, 11:08 AM

6,261 posts, read 3,424,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav51lin View Post
could not be any way near as bad as trumps misleading america on the virus
Explain your self? Did you not see how WHO mislead the world on the virus by saying it couldn't be contacted person to person?

Quote:
"We don't want the American public to be worried about this because their risk is low," says Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. "On the other hand, we are taking this very seriously and are dealing very closely with Chinese authorities."
WHO haunted by January tweet saying China found no human transmission of coronavirus

Quote:

World Health Organization (WHO)

@WHO
Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China
Quote:
China’s first confirmed Coronavirus case was on November 17, 2019. China knew about the virus and the rest of the World didn’t find out about the virus until months later.
Just who was doing the misleading...Trump or Chinese trying to cover up and/or the World Health Organization who fell in lockstep with the China's narrative.

Old 08-06-2020, 11:31 AM

32,669 posts, read 48,139,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdog View Post
I thought the mask was to protect others from my exhale...to keep my exhale close to me, not projecting out 6 feet to others.

Truth: there is a lot of studying going on, but no one really knows how this virus works.

Studies I've seen show that masks do a pretty good job of protecting others. They do a less efficient job of protecting the mask wearer. But some protection is better than no protection. If a mask reduces your chance of being infected by only 25%, I'll happy take the 25% reduction over the other option, which is no protection at all.

How much protection the mask wearer is going to get depends upon the type of mask and how carefully it is handled. A good mask, properly handled and properly worn is going to provide quite bit of protection.

Last edited by oregonwoodsmoke; 08-06-2020 at 11:44 AM..

Old 08-06-2020, 11:35 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,758 posts, read 58,150,330 times
Quote:
Just who was doing the misleading...Trump or Chinese trying to cover up and/or the World Health Organization who fell in lockstep with the China's narrative.

Our USA friends living in China (during all of Covid) feel much safer from Covid there than at home in USA.

China and it's people KNOW the Government is not telling them the truth, so they act accordingly. (street wise / socially conscientious)

USA is so very naive, and they will vote in Nov thinking they can make a difference.

It's a done deal if we follow USA government / those "elected" (by vast advertising, not by qualifications for office, or intent to serve for the better good of the public)

We (USA) could just be informed!!! We have freedom of press and access to vast public and worldwide information. If only we would Listen, Learn, Apply knowledge.

Old 08-06-2020, 11:36 AM

32,669 posts, read 48,139,958 times
I suggest that everyone keep in mind that many viruses remain in the body forever and can pop up with symptoms many years later. Since no one knows what this virus will do, that should provide motivation to avoid getting infected with the thing. It's highly contagious; do whatever you can to avoid it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington