Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 11:33 PM

17 posts, read 62,173 times

Advertisements

Diggitydot im interested were the info came from about the meth addected babys and how you know it accurate thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 07:48 AM

403 posts, read 1,565,260 times
In the local newspaper last week (The Daily World), it said that the local Longview high school (R.A. Long) said that 55% of students do not graduate on time.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:50 PM

83 posts, read 316,998 times
Woodland area is growing and getting crowded. Think about Rainer Oregon. Its just across the river from Longview/kelso and is a nice small town feel. Check the ads in the Longview Daily News for houses, you can access it online.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:41 PM

2 posts, read 7,648 times
DON'T chose Battleground unless you like LOTS of traffic. The town has grown way to fast and the roads just can't handle all the new residents.
Beaverton has horrible traffic problems also. Highway 26 in and out of Portland backs up everday!! Worse if the weather is bad.
Camas-Woodland--also growing faster than roads can handle. If you like sitting in your car everyday in traffic jams then move to one of those cities. We chose Longview and we LOVE it here!!

Old 12-27-2007, 10:23 PM

550 posts, read 3,268,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by al152 View Post
Diggitydot im interested were the info came from about the meth addected babys and how you know it accurate thanks
Initially, it was merely anecdotal information from friends/family members who are medical professionals in various positions at the hospital in Longview. Later, I read it in a newspaper article. The Columbian, I think.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:22 AM

57 posts, read 238,767 times
Well, having lived in the Longview/Kelso area for the last 2-3 years, I have to agree with the earlier posting about the drug use. I really think there is a wide gap between the poor culture and the well-off culture. I would definitely be in the poor-culture, but worked for a while in a business that catered to the well-off culture and it was like two worlds in the same city that never quite mix.

I see everybody is point you in other directions, which is not a bad thing, in my opinion. However, I have to say that, as I look to move locally soon, and out of state in the distant future, I have had occasion to look at housing prices around here, and generally speaking, the Longview/Kelso area has some the lowest priced housing on the I-5 corridor possible. Centralia/Chehalis also has some low priced housing but I have heard that it is a very high percentage of homes that got flooded out up there.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,121 times
Hello Flzia, I have been looking around the Portland area also, I like the Newberg area, it has a large river close to town, a huge boat ramp and parking, its in the wine country which is fun, and a very pretty area, the town needs some rehab and change, but not that bad.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:12 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,181,499 times
I visited Newberg a few weeks ago to scout out a rental home, job and the city and fell in love with the area. Packing up and getting ready for the move!! Can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadiegirly View Post
Hello Flzia, I have been looking around the Portland area also, I like the Newberg area, it has a large river close to town, a huge boat ramp and parking, its in the wine country which is fun, and a very pretty area, the town needs some rehab and change, but not that bad.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,645 times
Default Kalama, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binx View Post
The Kalama area is beautiful! It is a small community right on the I-5 and the Columbia river, which is the largest river in the northwest. New lots have just opened up with spectacular river views! Now is a good time to come is as home prices have been going up year after year. Another area to go look at is Woodland. It is on it's way to becoming another bedroom community for Vancouver and Portland commuters. Check out Green mountain road if you want river views. Also drive up Lewis river road for stunning pieces of property (these have not been discovered by the fleeing Portlanders yet. )Rumor has it that a world class golf resort is going in just up the river. The town is being very smart about it's growth..now is a good time to come in here too! Good Luck! (Also check out Google Earth for great views of the area without driving a bunch)
My daughter lived in Kalama. Great small town. Very quaint and a lot of amenities. Also not far from "civilization".

Old 08-06-2011, 02:49 PM

27 posts, read 84,203 times
Kalama is a very nice town. When we lived in Kelso, we would often visit there to get away. I'd say everyone's advice to stay away from Longview/Kelso is accurate. When I lived in the area, there were always problems with meth...among other things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington