Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 05:30 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,772,466 times

Advertisements

Really you're asking this? Maybe instead of worrying about branches, focus on bigger battles or actually enjoy life!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 07:18 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,772,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
Really you're asking this? Maybe instead of worrying about branches, focus on bigger battles or actually enjoy life!

Why don't YOU focus on bigger battles and enjoy life?

I applaud the OP for taking charge of their own property. Shame on you for attacking their polite, diligent, and proper actions.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:42 PM

7 posts, read 431,779 times
Thank you Andy....I find it "odd" that someone would attack me for wanting to use my OWN property for MY use.

Jeezz..just wanted to grow a few tomatoes and strawberries to save a few bucks and maybe grow some flowers....but apparently, "Minntoaz" feels that I should DONATE *MY* property for my neighbor's

enjoyment instead...Or maybe I should ask them to chip in on my house payments ?

Tell me "Minntoaz"...how about you take your car out of your garage and then I'll use YOUR garage to park my jet skis there for about 8 months out of the year ? You know...since you're being so "generous"

and all.

Thanks again Andy for having a complete stranger's back...you're good people.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:33 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,922,719 times
Quote:
The Arizona heat gettin' to ya? Making you a little cranky?
The OP's question was a legitimate one, and if you have no constructive advice, I would suggest you MYOB!

Old 08-19-2012, 10:53 AM

804 posts, read 2,892,277 times
SPOKANE MUNICIPAL CODE

Title 12 Public Ways and Property
Chapter 12.02 Obstruction, Encroachment of Public Ways
Article I. Vegetation Obstruction – Nuisance
Section 12.02.0202 Overhanging Vegetation to be Removed

Owners of property within the City must remove or destroy all trees, plants, shrubs, or vegetation, or parts thereof, which overhang any sidewalk or street or which are growing thereon in such a manner as to obstruct or impair the free and full use of the sidewalk or street by the public. Such condition is declared a nuisance. The City may cause the removal or destruction of such vegetation in accordance with the procedures of SMC 10.20.020.

It may not directly apply but it the closest I have come across so far.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:15 PM

403 posts, read 867,499 times
Or if you hired a pro tree trimmer they should know the laws as well. If you were sued you could should you put effort into care, not just trimmed wrecklessly.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:17 PM

403 posts, read 867,499 times
Quote:
Why? Would you just cut & not care about legal obligations? Or simply not you property you bought & pay taxes on?

Old 07-11-2013, 09:38 PM

1 posts, read 5,158 times
Default In Seattle? Check Tree Laws

Hi. In Seattle, before ANY tree over 6 inches in diameter is pruned OR removed, the party must secure a permit. You may not procure a permit unless you own the tree or unless you can get an exception from the city arborist to prune the tree. If the tree is located in an Environmentally Sensitive Area (ESA)--yes, there are many private properties in Seattle that are ESA's, that seriously complicates what can be done to trees, when, and/or how they may be cut. If the tree is considered a Heritage tree, it is a very valuable tree. Pruning or removing it will cost you more than I'm betting you are willing to pay...upwards of $10,000.00 is not unheard of. If you have questions about pruning or removing trees, you should call the Seattle City Arborist who can assist you with more information.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:26 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,074,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle Tree Expert View Post
Hi. In Seattle, before ANY tree over 6 inches in diameter is pruned OR removed, the party must secure a permit. You may not procure a permit unless you own the tree or unless you can get an exception from the city arborist to prune the tree. If the tree is located in an Environmentally Sensitive Area (ESA)--yes, there are many private properties in Seattle that are ESA's, that seriously complicates what can be done to trees, when, and/or how they may be cut. If the tree is considered a Heritage tree, it is a very valuable tree. Pruning or removing it will cost you more than I'm betting you are willing to pay...upwards of $10,000.00 is not unheard of. If you have questions about pruning or removing trees, you should call the Seattle City Arborist who can assist you with more information.

You really should cite the law that goes along with that. Pretty much any tree over 6" in diameter within the city needs to be pruned regularly if it's near a house.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:51 AM

1,950 posts, read 3,527,359 times
To the OP, who is probably not reading this any longer...I think you should work harder at being a good neighbor and loosen up. Blocking your sunshine? We live in the lush PNW, appreciate the beauty around you and yes, grow native shade plants. Ridiculously petty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington