Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 07:24 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,482,898 times

Advertisements

Veterans Day Ceremony:
Thursday, November 11, 11:00 a.m., a ceremony will be held to mark Veterans Day. Guest speakers, a flag ceremony and more will be offered. Visitors may view stone pilasters with names of veterans carved into granite Each name represents a veteran whose family chose to honor him or her for service to our country. More than 1,500 names of veterans and military organizations recognize the sacrifices of those who have dedicated their lives in service to America. The ceremony will include thanks to the veterans and their families. Additionally, the ceremony will honor the veterans whose names have been added in 2010. Most ceremonies are less than one hour. Some chairs will be provided, but visitors are encouraged to bring folding chairs in case the crowd exceeds the designated seating capacity.

who Open to the public
when Thursday, Nov. 11th, 2010, 11:00am
where Rancho Tapo Community Park - 3700 Avenida Simi, Simi Valley,
at the Veterans Plaza
cost Free to the public
event provider Rancho Simi Recreation and Park District and hosted by local veteran’s organizations including the Veterans of Foreign Wars, Disabled American Veterans and the Marine Corps League.
more info. for more information, please contact Colleen Janssen at (805) 584-4453 or by e-mail at colleen@rsrpd.us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 07:25 PM

Default Simi Valley Events - Pearl Harbor Survivor's Day

Pearl Harbor Survivor's Day Ceremony:
Tuesday, December 7, at 10:00 a.m., there will be a ceremony to honor survivors of the attack on Pearl Harbor. The public is invited to remember those lost or injured in the attack so many years ago. Survivors of this historically significant event are encouraged to attend the ceremony and be recognized for their contributions to our country. Most ceremonies are less than one hour. Some chairs will be provided, but visitors are encouraged to bring folding chairs in case the crowd exceeds the designated seating capacity.

who Open to the public
when Tuesday, Dec. 7th, 2010, 10:00am
where Rancho Tapo Community Park - 3700 Avenida Simi, Simi Valley,
at the Veterans Plaza
cost Free to the public
event provider Rancho Simi Recreation and Park District and hosted by local veteran’s organizations including the Veterans of Foreign Wars, Disabled American Veterans and the Marine Corps League.
more info. for more information, please contact Colleen Janssen at (805) 584-4453 or by e-mail at colleen@rsrpd.us.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
I've done this and it's pretty cool. A whole lot of people dress up in pioneer dress with ghostly makeup on and a docent takes you from place to place in the park and the actors perform little sketches. The lighting is spooky but the tales told about historical people are really interesting.

I highly recommend this.
I am personally looking forward to this one and the Drive-In Movie night I used to lead paranormal investigations back in the UK with my team.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:35 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,891,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
I am personally looking forward to this one and the Drive-In Movie night I used to lead paranormal investigations back in the UK with my team.
Really? Ghost Hunters is one of my very favorite shows...

I'd like to be in on one of those investigations for one time in my life.

But that's a whole 'nother thread altogether!

Old 08-25-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Really? Ghost Hunters is one of my very favorite shows...

I'd like to be in on one of those investigations for one time in my life.

But that's a whole 'nother thread altogether!
I'll send you a message when I am ready to get my California team back out in the field. I currently run teams in the UK, South Africa, Alaska, Florida, Texas and CA, with two on the back burners in NC and NJ

Old 08-26-2010, 01:06 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,333,368 times
Dallas Cowboys Training camp ends on Friday August 27th. I know this is a late posting but we just got this new sub forum. LOL

If you miss it this year, hopefully they will be back next year. It is a lot of fun for the family.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Dallas Cowboys Training camp ends on Friday August 27th. I know this is a late posting but we just got this new sub forum. LOL

If you miss it this year, hopefully they will be back next year. It is a lot of fun for the family.
I know my son will want to see that next year

Old 08-26-2010, 01:56 PM

Default Moorpark Events - Country Days Celebration

Moorpark Country Days — October 2, 2010

Downtown Moorpark on Historic High Street

This year Country Days will celebrate our Community’s Heroes,
and we look forward to having you join us. Country Days is
a time-honored tradition that begins with the cheers and waves of hundreds of families and friends as the parade makes its
way along Historic High Street. Immediately following the parade
is a good old fashion street fair featuring local vendors, crafts, entertainment, a children’s village, and overall just plain fun.

CountryDaysHome

Old 09-02-2010, 02:54 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,196,529 times
Default Oktoberfest in Camarillo Sept 25, 26

www.okto-beerfest.com

I think I'll be going.:-)

Old 09-04-2010, 01:30 PM

Default Roam'n Relics car Show - Moorpark

When: October 24th, 2010
Where: Moorpark
Time: 7:00am to 3:00pm

Blurb from website...

Welcome to The ROAM'N RELICS Car Club, we were founded in 1981 as a California non-profit organization. During our 29 plus years of existence our focus has been on the raising of monies for qualified charitable organizations throughout Ventura and Los Angeles County. We have had many banner years for our club in doing what we do best; raising funds for the truly needy with emphasis on children.

Roam'n Relics Upcoming Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County