Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 12:18 PM

702 posts, read 1,985,022 times

Advertisements

I think all the waterparks are fees involved. You can venture to Cabelas on the weekend. There are tons of kids there. Its a shopping place but hey its something that is free. There is Thanksgiving Point where there are museums (cost)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 12:20 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,289,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
Like a bad nightmare.
My experience also. To that I would add cult like, strange, and alienating. The area is very congested and polluted. It does not have the spiritual, peaceful feel that New Mexico or even central Texas has. There are a few nice people here and the area is very safe. There are few places downtown to just hang out and "be", other than the library and the Gateway. I don't consider Starbucks to be a place I'd hang out. Yesterday I was at the Jordan Landing, one of the only areas I really seem to be able to tolerate, and I had time to fill before my movie. I realized there was really no where for me to go besides a chain store like Old Navy or Barnes and Noble. If that sort of thing doesn't bother you, spending the rest of your life in your car driving here or there and then going to a strip mall, then you will love it here.

Yes I know City Creek is being built but that is going to be another "family friendly" thing for the Mormons.... Biff and Buffy central.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:21 PM

ahahah Biff and Buffy I prefer Barbie and Ken in South Jordan

Old 08-18-2008, 03:32 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,491,391 times
[quote=itsafloater;4900123]Can anyone be more specific? By family friendly, are there childrens museums? Outdoor free water parks? Zoos, outdoor festivals, etc. What do you do with the kids on weekends?

As someone mentioned there is a really fun children's museum down at the Gateway Mall. As far as free water parks, I have never heard of any but down at the Gateway at the north end there is an area that has water spouts that shoot up water in the air and kids LOVE to run through that. Usually they are just there shopping with parents and they see it and run through with their clothes on. My kids favorite thing to do was go to Antelope Island which is North of Salt Lake and west of Layton. There is a beach area where the kids can play in the water (not like a real beach however, its the Salt Lake) The Hoogle Zoo in Salt Lake is a pretty nice one. Layton Park is pretty nice also. Nice walking paths and ducks to feed also.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:46 PM

Where is this Antelope place?? I have heard of it but can't seem to find it?????

Old 08-18-2008, 06:09 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,979,130 times
It is called Antelope Island. You drive there via the causeway which is up by Layton.

Here is the website. Antelope Island State Park | Utah.com

You should check it out with your family. We went there with the inlaws once and had a great time. Don't forget the camera though. Tons of beautiful photo ops!

Old 08-18-2008, 06:21 PM

Where is the lake that u can actually swim in and won't get eaten up with salt ?? is there a place ??? Im so a beach person not a lakey

Old 08-18-2008, 06:40 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,979,130 times
Out here in Stansbury. Private lake..no salt

Old 08-18-2008, 07:30 PM

595 posts, read 2,744,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoutah View Post
Where is the lake that u can actually swim in and won't get eaten up with salt ?? is there a place ??? Im so a beach person not a lakey
Have you not heard of Bear Lake?

Bear Lake Convention and Visitors Bureau - Idaho and Utah Vacation

Old 08-18-2008, 08:52 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,491,391 times
Yes, Bear Lake is the best. So pretty and the drive there so scenic in itself. Lots of condos to rent or you can camp too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah