Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2022, 11:53 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,426,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
There are professionals for just about everything. Lawyers, psychologists, mediators, fixers etc. Or just sitting down and talking to whoever you are in a situation with.

Playing a board game might give you answers. But like flipping a coin it may not be the right answer. For me if I was in a "bad situation" I would want the correct way to solve it.
I'm the introspective type. If I'm in a problem I like to think long and think deeply about all possible solutions. This situation that I'm in has gone from bad to worse over time. I am over my head with some really bad people. Really bad. Talking to them is not going to fix anything because you can't negotiate with evil. So no, this one is not the correct answer.

Blaming the victim is very common in my neck of the woods because people fail to think critically. I notice that happening a lot. But one must understand that only those who hunt, seek prey. If the instinct is not there to hunt, there would be no hunting.

As you said, there might be other solutions, or maybe there aren"t. Or it's not so cut and dry as some might think. These people are not very smart but they are indeed clever. And they lie. They do a lot of things that others are unaware of. But they make sure only some people know. Everybody else is unaware. They lie and they hide their misdeeds. I wish I could just set up a camera and show others, but that's not possible. I don't have the necessary proof to bring this evil down.

Should I have kept my mouth shut and never told others about them? Never told others what I know about them? Never exposed them? Probably, yes. But I have decided that keeping quiet is not the way to go. Evil must be unmasked. Fixing what's wrong sometimes requires personal sacrifice. Even if it does kill me.

I'm sure another solution would be to talk to them so I am part of the evil. But no way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2022, 01:26 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,922,759 times
These demons are hundreds if not thousands of years old, to think them foolish enough to give away truth about them is foolish on a human thinking.
They have been playing with humans since creation, believing this world is theirs not ours. From the beginning they have been out to destroy mankind any way they can, physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
Ancient man turned to people that made contact with this element for healing and guidance in all aspects of life, but the problem is these are a distraction from God rather than directing people to God.
God warned His people to avoid any such contact with these creatures because men are ignorant of the consequences.
Similar to getting involved with a street gang or the mafia, once you're in you in indefinitely. No one can be sure to be set free, ever. Some people though they realize what they got into don't want to be free only to be tortured later in life, for the fame and fortune the own temporarily.
Like a drug dealer, handing out free samples till your hooked and then believe you need it. the more you need it the more you pay, eventually with your soul.

Old 07-04-2022, 04:56 PM

563 posts, read 677,504 times
In the Bible arleigh, even the pack of swine killed themselves rather than have demons living inside of them (Luke 8:32).
When I first tried the board with a friend, the planchette moved easily around, but didn't make much sense except yes or no. When I was alone without my friend, the planchette still moved around, with using only my finger. When the planchette started moving around without me even touching it, that is when I quit. I figured, who or what other things will be moving around. When I became older and went to Akido self-defense classes, we were taught the same type of single-pointed concentration to obtain physical powers. I was able to easily lift extremely heavy weights, throw someone with the simplest movement, and become dead-weight. There was a down-side of course, to having this kind of power, the ouija board first taught me about. When a tragic accident happened that was out of my control, I had a much harder time processing it than others . I have since discovered a great love for and faith in my Creator, the One, True, Living, GOD.

Last edited by glenninindy; 07-04-2022 at 05:44 PM..

Old 07-04-2022, 07:39 PM

319 posts, read 199,438 times
Endearing

Ouija Romance

Old 07-05-2022, 12:21 AM

6,937 posts, read 6,868,065 times
Apparently 65% of Americans believe that Ouija Boards are dangerous, along with 42% believe in possession by the Devil, 37% believe in haunted houses, and 56% that ghosts are dead people.

Link to Live Science article

Old 07-05-2022, 06:32 AM

2,451 posts, read 1,679,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Apparently 65% of Americans believe that Ouija Boards are dangerous, along with 42% believe in possession by the Devil, 37% believe in haunted houses, and 56% that ghosts are dead people.

Link to Live Science article

That is a great article. It clearly states all that stuff is NOT real. Then goes on to explain how/why some gullible people believe in those things.

Here is a direct quote from the article.
The thrust of the book was to figure out why people have these weird experiences despite spirits and psychics and ghosts not existing, he said.

Last edited by sam812; 07-05-2022 at 08:01 AM..

Old 07-05-2022, 08:21 AM

563 posts, read 677,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
That is a great article. It clearly states all that stuff is NOT real. Then goes on to explain how/why some gullible people believe in those things.

Here is a direct quote from the article.
The thrust of the book was to figure out why people have these weird experiences despite spirits and psychics and ghosts not existing, he said.
This article is calling The Bible and Christ Jesus, along with many others, gullible and liars. My Bible here states, no less than 75 times in the Greek New Testament, that daemons exist.

Last edited by glenninindy; 07-05-2022 at 08:47 AM..

Old 07-05-2022, 11:36 AM

2,451 posts, read 1,679,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
This article is calling The Bible and Christ Jesus, along with many others, gullible and liars. My Bible here states, no less than 75 times in the Greek New Testament, that daemons exist.
Many consider that book fiction and even many that believe in it think many parts are fiction. So no it is far from proof.

Old 07-05-2022, 11:37 AM

2,221 posts, read 1,332,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
Jesus never wrote a word in his life, and there are zero surviving texts from his own day. Every gospel in the bible was written by people who came 60 or more years after Jesus died, and they were translated from several languages one to the next, including Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, and Latin. They were written by human beings with an agenda, and they do not even agree amongst themselves. For me, the question whether or not demons exist aside, you really need to take a critical look at what you deem the written "Truth" about anything.

As the most respected theologians, historians, and archeologists in their fields will tell you, we know very little about Jesus at all. What we "think" we know are mostly best guesses about all of it. About the most certain thing we "know" is that Jesus was a Jew, and that is IF he existed.

I wish people would spend a few years educating themselves before they start expounding The Truth about anything, especially subjects like this one. I guess it is too much work for most people. They would rather just repeat what seems easiest.

Here is one place to start re where these stories come from. The Pagan Christ, by Tom Harpur.

"A provocative argument for a mystical, rather than historical, understanding of Jesus, leading to a radical rebirth of Christianity in our time.

For forty years, scholar and religious commentator Tom Harpur has challenged church orthodoxy and guided thousands of readers on subjects as controversial as the true nature of Christ and life after death. Now, in his most radical and groundbreaking work, Harpur digs deep into the origins of Christianity.

Long before the advent of Jesus Christ, the Egyptians and other peoples believed in the coming of a messiah, a virgin birth, a madonna and her child, and the incarnation of the spirit in flesh. While the early Christian church accepted these ancient truths as the very basis of Christianity, it disavowed their origins. What had begun as a universal belief system built on myth and allegory was transformed, by the third and fourth centuries A.D., into a ritualistic institution based on a literal interpretation of myths and symbols. But, as Tom Harpur argues in The Pagan Christ, "to take the Gospels literally as history or biography is to utterly miss their inner spiritual meaning."

At a time of religious extremism, Tom Harpur reveals the virtue of a cosmic faith based on ancient truths that the modern church has renounced. His message is clear: Our blind faith in literalism is killing Christianity. Only with a return to an inclusive religion where Christ lives within each of us will we gain a true understanding of who we are and who we are intended to become. The Pagan Christ is a book of rare insight and power that will reilluminate the Bible and change the way we think about religion."

https://www.amazon.com/Pagan-Christ-.../dp/0802714498

Old 07-05-2022, 03:36 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,239,063 times
I played w/a ouija board as a kid and nothing ever happened...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal