Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 02:47 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times

Advertisements

I was searching for evidence that the wing recovered from the ocean is the same wing which was replaced when the aircraft was damaged in 2012.

So, I know we have just had a couple of threads on MH370 mystery, but it seems many of us are very interested in this because there are at least 11 threads discussing it. Anyway, I will go ahead and show what I found and it may be of interest to someone.

Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3
Thread 4
Thread 5
Thread 6
Thread 7
Thread 8
Thread 9
Thread 10
Thread 11
Thread 12

I am referencing the Flight Safety website as it has useful information which looks fairly reliable.

MH370 is the flight number, 9M-MRO is the aircraft reference
This is a page of information about 9M-MRO as at Saturday 8th March 2014.
Scroll down for the Air Traffic Control transcript and the Malaysian Airlines investigation and their report (1400+ pages).

Here is the final report (PDF)

This infographic was posted on another thread, and I wondered if that wing is the same side as the one which was damaged at Shanghai airport in 2012? I cannot find anywhere which tells us which wing was damaged, but...looking at the parts recovered link here image, it could be.

Quote:
09 AUG 2012 9M-MRO Malaysia Airlines contacted the tail of a China Eastern Airlines A340 (B-6050) at Shanghai-Pudong International Airport, China. Wing tip of B777 severed.
Apparently there were images posted online of the wing severed and hanging off the China Eastern Airlines tail. Mentioned in the incident report here
The two sources on that page which are supposed to give more information are not available[Status 404]

Quote:
The tip of the wing of the Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 was broken off and hung on the tail of the China Eastern Airbus 340-600, according to pictures posted by passengers on the Internet.
On the Aviation Safety website they have an Incident History for each year, so I looked up 2012 and there is no record entry for 9th Aug 2012, the fairly severe accident which happened at Shanghai. The website reports this same incident.. Maybe they do not report on accidents which happen on the ground or when taxiing perhaps? If they do, then this omission is strange, given the circumstances.

I know I like conspiracies, but it does sound very convenient that the wing was broken off in that accident on the ground at Shanghai and a piece of wing was recovered with the manafacturers ID on it, confirmed as coming from 9M-MRO. The ONLY 3 pieces of confirmed wreckage come from a wing which may have been damaged (and replaced) in 2012. When a wing is damaged, does the whole thing get replaced (due to structural integrity issues?) or does it just get a piece welded on the end? I suspect the whole wing gets replaced or I would hope so.

What we need now, is someone who does planespotting might have a photo record of the damage done to the aircraft in 2012, maybe there is an image online somewhere, or maybe someone who repairs damaged planes will come forward and give us more information as to what happens to damaged parts which are replaced. Perhaps they get returned to the manafacturer, in which case it would be easy to have them disappear and re-appear in the ocean or a beach somewhere. Possibly someone was tasked with claiming they found it on a tropical island beach?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 03:04 AM

No-one seems to mention WHICH wing it was which was damaged. Finance pay-back time coming up...

FlightGlobal

Quote:
The Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777-200ER bearing registration 9M-MRO had a history free of major incidents prior to its disappearance on 8 March. However the aircraft was reportedly involved in a minor ground collision two years ago which resulted in significant damage to a wingtip.

According to Flightglobal’s Ascend Online Fleets database, 9M-MRO bears manufacturer serial number 28420 and its line number is 404.It was ordered in January 1996, and MAS elected to change the variant in 1998. In November 2002 the carrier conducted a sale & leaseback transaction for the aircraft with Penerbangan Malaysia Berhad. The completion of the aircraft’s finance term is due in 31 May 2014.

The aircraft reportedly suffered a ground incident in August 2012 when its wingtip collided with the tail of a China Eastern Airlines Airbus A340 while taxiing in Shanghai. This incident is not recorded by the Ascend accident database which generally does not include minor events where the insurance claim is less than the deductible (for widebodies this is $1 million). The Aviation Safety Network reports that the 777's wing tip broke off and "hung on the tail" of the A340.

Old 04-21-2021, 04:28 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,213,314 times
Excellent detective work, Paul.

Old 04-21-2021, 05:21 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,125,439 times
It is the same wing that was damaged. But your link shows the wing tip missing and the parts they found were a 'flaperon', wing flap, and wing fragment that were not close to the tip. The wingspan is a little over 200' so an individual wing would be close to 90' long. That would make a big difference between the tip of the wing and middle of the wing.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:57 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,880,115 times
The tip of a wing is not a flaperon nor is it part of the tail. The flaperon is the inner edge of the wing near the passenger compartment. I understand that the flaperon parts included serial numbers or seals beyond the "9M-MRO" markings (I think, have to do more reading) that matched maintanance records, so it could not be a replacement part.

Old 04-21-2021, 09:29 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
You all do know, its very possible those who took the people, could have discarded the plane...right?

After all, aliens do not abduct vehicles or objects...they abduct people.

Old 04-21-2021, 11:24 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,871,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
You all do know, its very possible those who took the people, could have discarded the plane...right?

After all, aliens do not abduct vehicles or objects...they abduct people.
And sea life doesnt eat metal.............

Old 04-21-2021, 01:27 PM

6,092 posts, read 3,332,788 times
If the pilot didn’t ditch the plane on a suicide mission because he was distraught over his family problems, then the next plausible outcome would be some type of man made government involved hijacking, which some had mentioned that the plane actually flew north, not south. So if you believe that outcome, planting a fake wing as wreckage fits.

So here is my probability chart:

Pilot suicide 99.98% probability
Hijack 0.01%
Missile attack 0.01%
Aliens 0%

How can you hide a hijacked jumbo jet with people on it? How can you hide a missile strike? Aliens have better things to do, like keep an eye on aircraft carriers. Ha!

Old 04-21-2021, 03:16 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,880,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
If the pilot didn’t ditch the plane on a suicide mission because he was distraught over his family problems, then the next plausible outcome would be some type of man made government involved hijacking, which some had mentioned that the plane actually flew north, not south. So if you believe that outcome, planting a fake wing as wreckage fits.

So here is my probability chart:

Pilot suicide 99.98% probability
Hijack 0.01%
Missile attack 0.01%
Aliens 0%

How can you hide a hijacked jumbo jet with people on it? How can you hide a missile strike? Aliens have better things to do, like keep an eye on aircraft carriers. Ha!
Pilot suicide I agree with your probability. I'm actually going as the next possible theory as remote piloting and takeover of systems at .01% probability (might fall into your hijack category, i.e. electronic hijacking). "Fire in cabin" combined with autopilot at about .005%. "Freescale" theory of takeover to obtain chinese technology at .0005%. Alien theory at .0000000000000000002% probability.

Old 04-21-2021, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714
The tip of a wing is not a flaperon nor is it part of the tail. The flaperon is the inner edge of the wing near the passenger compartment. I understand that the flaperon parts included serial numbers or seals beyond the "9M-MRO" markings (I think, have to do more reading) that matched maintanance records, so it could not be a replacement part.
The part numbers may well have matched maintenance records which were maintained before the 2012 accident and the possible replacement of the wing. As we all know, the 'truth' can be true but also not true. In this case that would be so IF the part numbers matched the OLD wing which was possibly replaced in 2012.

Quote:
Pilot suicide I agree with your probability. I'm actually going as the next possible theory as remote piloting and takeover of systems at .01% probability (might fall into your hijack category, i.e. electronic hijacking). "Fire in cabin" combined with autopilot at about .005%. "Freescale" theory of takeover to obtain chinese technology at .0005%. Alien theory at .0000000000000000002% probability.
Freescale Theory: It is NOT the US taking Chinese technology, but it is the STOPPING the technology running off to China - perhaps?

ANY part of the wing is available if they replace the wing with a new one (which I suspect/hope they do) Of course the manafacturers ID would match since it WAS a genuine part used in the original construction of the plane before the accident in 2012. In fact, it would be interesting to see the replacement parts numbers and find out if THEY matched the ones found in the sea or not. I am going to assume (why not?) the plane wing was the same one replaced and found in the sea because there is no documentation in the media or evidence left around the web which identifies the actual side which was damaged in Shanghai.

WK91 - It is not a fake wing, it is the REAL ORIGINAL one. The one which was replaced by a new one in the plane after the accident in 2012. I agree it would be very difficult to control the debris from a missile strike (like Flight 93 on 9/11) and thats why one was not used. As we have seen with previous explosions over the sea there are parts which float and parts which sink, and those provide evidence of who did it and why. The sea was not deep enough to hide the evidence around the shorelines the plane was flying over on its sheduled way to China.

I think it is sad for the families of the people who were on that plane. I also understand how there might be circumstances where governements want to obtain new technology or stop technology leaving the country. It is the wholesale killing of a plane-load of people which sickens me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal