Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 06:22 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Are they sincere? Judging from Annabelle; not entirely. Any descrepancies in their investigations dont change personal thoughts and beliefs on the paranormal.
People can be sincere and still be sincerely wrong.

My own opinion is that the Warrens fall somewhere between sincere kooks and sly hucksters. And they actually do a lot of harm to genuine investigations into the supernatural and paranormal with all their foo-fooery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2018, 07:06 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
People can be sincere and still be sincerely wrong.

My own opinion is that the Warrens fall somewhere between sincere kooks and sly hucksters. And they actually do a lot of harm to genuine investigations into the supernatural and paranormal with all their foo-fooery.
Sly? I do a little face reading. We had a thread yrs back reading photos of ppl we knew nothing about; just for fun. There's a photo of Lorraine and Ed years past in one these links in the thread. I stared at it for a moment.. before your post; sly was the first word coming to mind.
Does anyone know which photo?

Old 09-07-2018, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Sly? I do a little face reading. We had a thread yrs back reading photos of ppl we knew nothing about; just for fun. There's a photo of Lorraine and Ed years past in one these links in the thread. I stared at it for a moment.. before your post; sly was the first word coming to mind.
Does anyone know which photo?
That thread must have been before my time. But would you buy a used car from these people?

Old 09-07-2018, 12:00 PM

Yep, top photo.

Any car they sold would need an exorcism. I don't think I could take a chance. You know, remaining energy and all.

Old 09-08-2018, 12:03 PM

Now that my sneers & sarcasm on the Warrens and Annabelle said...

Disposal of the possessed object In “Annabelle: Creation”, two priests come to the home to bless the doll Annabelle and to sprinkle it with holy water before it is sealed away in a Scripture-lined closet. Good as far as it goes, Father Robert thought, but he was adamant that an exorcist would never leave the possessed object there intact, to be found by someone in the future. “You would take the curse off the object,” he explained. “You could burn it or take it apart; but it would be decommissioned somehow.”

An Exorcist Talks About ‘Annabelle’ and the Power of Evil

Ed and Lorriane Warrens Occult museum (vampire coffin?)-49f02ae2f9d784f6df44208623eaa28c.jpg

Old 09-08-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Now that my sneers & sarcasm on the Warrens and Annabelle said...

Disposal of the possessed object In “Annabelle: Creation”, two priests come to the home to bless the doll Annabelle and to sprinkle it with holy water before it is sealed away in a Scripture-lined closet. Good as far as it goes, Father Robert thought, but he was adamant that an exorcist would never leave the possessed object there intact, to be found by someone in the future. “You would take the curse off the object,” he explained. “You could burn it or take it apart; but it would be decommissioned somehow.”

An Exorcist Talks About ‘Annabelle’ and the Power of Evil

Attachment 202225
I don't expect horror movies to adhere to Catholic doctrine. It's a horror movie. It's fiction.

What does irk me is when movies and TV claim to be doing something according to Catholic doctrine, but they don't bother to do their homework. Same thing with any faith. If your story is going to use "what Catholics believe" or "what Baptists believe" or "what Buddhists believe," then at least make an attempt to get it right. Otherwise, just leave the faith out of it and make fiction.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I don't expect horror movies to adhere to Catholic doctrine. It's a horror movie. It's fiction.

What does irk me is when movies and TV claim to be doing something according to Catholic doctrine, but they don't bother to do their homework. Same thing with any faith. If your story is going to use "what Catholics believe" or "what Baptists believe" or "what Buddhists believe," then at least make an attempt to get it right. Otherwise, just leave the faith out of it and make fiction.
Exactly.

Old 03-27-2019, 05:45 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,942,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Where's Blade when we need him? I thought he was taking care of those vampires.
Hopefully visiting H&R Block every year to get help with his income tax forms.

Old 03-27-2019, 11:35 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Ive still not found any story related to that vampire coffin they had, Im sure there must be one, but all Ive ever read about, is people making comments about it seeing it. Id really like to hear how they came into possession of this, I guess it could have just been a demon, masquerading as a 'vampire'...IDK?

Im not sure if I ever told this story on CD, it was years ago, (related to vampires), I wont go into detail here, but long story short, I was doing some research on the 'black eyed children' phenomena, and I briefly talked with a guy and his wife, that had supposedly met a vampire once (and had some evidence to back it up too)! Its a really odd and strange story, that kind of had an eerie twist, I havent thought about it in awhile, but this thread reminded me of it.

Old 04-19-2019, 12:28 PM

79 posts, read 304,041 times
Lorraine Warren has passed away:

https://www.ctpost.com/local/article...s-13780501.php
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal