Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2023, 02:51 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,412,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Which 3 characters in the history of TV (not including sitcoms) do you root for the most?
1. Arya Stark - Games Of Thrones

2. Tyrion Lannister - Game Of Thrones

3. Squidward Tentacles - Spongebob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2023, 04:30 PM

19,610 posts, read 12,210,591 times
Chuck McGill - Better Call Saul (I know, I know)
Gale Boetticher - Breaking Bad
Robert Barone - Everybody Loves Raymond

Honorable mention

Jan Brady
Butters (South Park)

Old 08-13-2023, 12:43 AM

1,824 posts, read 796,358 times
Quote:
I've never seen an episode of The Twilight Zone, but I'll give it a try soon, because I just got the 2 episodes that William Shatner was in ("Nick of Time", and "Nightmare at 20,000 feet") so I'll watch them both soon, and if I like them I'll watch other episodes too.

They may not seem that frightening today, considering the current era that we live in, but Rod Serling was a amazing writer & ahead of his time. Read up on him. He also wrote the television play “Requiem For a Heavyweight” & so much more.

Old 08-13-2023, 08:32 AM

412 posts, read 301,693 times
Ray Drecker - HUNG
Sherman Potter - M.A.S.H
Hank Voight - Chicago PD

Old 08-13-2023, 04:20 PM

8,068 posts, read 4,742,664 times
From daytime TV, I nominate Traci Abbott from The Young and the Restless. She's been on Y&R for forty years (!!), starting out as the shy, overweight teen living in the shadow of her gorgeous, self-confident older sister. Over the decades she has become the heart and soul of the Abbott family, their moral center when morals often are in short supply. I'm not a regular Y&R viewer, but if I know it's an episode with Traci in it, I'm going to watch.

On primetime TV, I always rooted for Laura Avery Sumner on Knots Landing. She was one of the original, four housewives in the cast, but was saddled with the worst of the four husbands. She defied him to get a job outside the home and became so successful at it that her husband became bitter and jealous. He left her and the kids, but with her career and ability to thrive among the corporate sharks, she carved out her own success, and even managed to snag the richest man in town! Her character arc was very much a tale of the 1980s in a nutshell, at least until the show decided to kill her off to cut the budget. Worst decision they ever made.

Old 08-13-2023, 05:17 PM

12,383 posts, read 8,139,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cent0089 View Post
Hank Voight - Chicago PD

When NBC started their Chicago heroes promotion featuring the ultimate villain to make the Sergeant not just an anti hero but straight hero I was through

Old 08-14-2023, 04:07 AM

10,732 posts, read 4,336,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
They may not seem that frightening today, considering the current era that we live in, but Rod Serling was a amazing writer & ahead of his time. Read up on him. He also wrote the television play “Requiem For a Heavyweight” & so much more.
Watched both episodes today, and was very good acting, very intense acting in both. When Shatner opens the curtain on his plane window w0w!
Haven't seen Requiem For a Heavyweight, but I'll probably like it, from what I read on imdb, and pretty weird how its got Muhammad Ali in it.

Old 08-14-2023, 05:41 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times
Quote:
Oft forgotten fact: Serling also wrote the screenplay for the original PLANET OF THE APES movie.

Old 08-14-2023, 05:04 PM

1,824 posts, read 796,358 times
Quote:
Watched both episodes today, and was very good acting, very intense acting in both. When Shatner opens the curtain on his plane window w0w!
Haven't seen Requiem For a Heavyweight, but I'll probably like it, from what I read on imdb, and pretty weird how its got Muhammad Ali in it.
I’m glad you enjoyed them!

Old 08-15-2023, 03:30 PM

10,732 posts, read 4,336,713 times
Quote:
I’m glad you enjoyed them!
I did, and I never like sci-fi/fantasy, except for Black Mirror.
So I think I'll watch all of The Twilight Zone, if the other 154 episodes are of similar quality.
Both the episodes I saw, were unpredictable, literally no clue where it was going.
Even when Shatner pulled up that curtain and saw
Spoiler
the gremlin's face close-up
I didn't expect the face to look so odd. Also didn't expect the gun, very unique story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV