Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2023, 06:44 AM

10,841 posts, read 4,385,664 times

Advertisements

The most inspirational character in television history is BACK!

https://tvline.com/2023/02/06/dexter...plus-showtime/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2023, 06:47 AM

Throughout "Dexter: New Blood" I wanted Dexter to kill Harrison..... and technically that's exactly what has happened

Old 02-07-2023, 06:58 AM

22,943 posts, read 28,335,617 times
I hope it'll be good, but I'm not optimistic. We have seen most of this already in the flashbacks from the main series.

And honestly, it smacks of cash-grabbing desperation. DEXTER is done. Let it be done. Do something else. If it is "like" DEXTER or inspired by DEXTER, fine. But you can only ride the tired horse so far before the poor thing falls over dead.

Old 02-07-2023, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I hope it'll be good, but I'm not optimistic. We have seen most of this already in the flashbacks from the main series.

And honestly, it smacks of cash-grabbing desperation. DEXTER is done. Let it be done. Do something else. If it is "like" DEXTER or inspired by DEXTER, fine. But you can only ride the tired horse so far before the poor thing falls over dead.
Dexter is the opposite of "done".
We are about to see Dexter's most action-packed years.
Origins will be full of danger, as Dexter will be extremely error-prone as he learns his craft.

There weren't that many flashbacks in Dexter, and none of the flashbacks showed the younger versions of Miami Metro....
The flashbacks were prior to him graduating from college, whereas Origins is after he graduates from college.
Its like they were planning this prequel series all along.

How old was Dexter when he began working at Miami Metro? I guess about 23.
And how old was he when "Dexter" began? Maybe 35?
So we have about 10 or 12 years of "Origins" to look forward to.

Old 02-07-2023, 08:54 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,264,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
We are about to see Dexter's most action-packed years.
Origins will be full of danger, as Dexter will be extremely error-prone as he learns his craft.
There weren't that many flashbacks in Dexter, and none of the flashbacks showed the younger versions of Miami Metro....
The flashbacks were prior to him graduating from college, whereas Origins is after he graduates from college.
Its like they were planning this prequel series all along.
After 8 years I feel like I know all I want to know about Dexter. He seemed to be getting more error-prone in his later years as he developed empathy and love. Even in the years when he was "good", there were too many credibility gaps in his ability to escape detection. I can't imagine how silly unbelievable it would have to get for him to pull this off being "extremely error-prone".

Old 02-07-2023, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
After 8 years I feel like I know all I want to know about Dexter. He seemed to be getting more error-prone in his later years as he developed empathy and love. Even in the years when he was "good", there were too many credibility gaps in his ability to escape detection. I can't imagine how silly unbelievable it would have to get for him to pull this off being "extremely error-prone".
Remember the flashback when he killed his father's nurse? He was clumsy and wrestling her in the kill room.
That's an example of what he'll be like in "Origins".
He was error-prone in his old age because of empathy, whereas he'll be error-prone in his younger years because he wouldn't be as skillful or he wouldn't have mastered the code etc.
In "Origins" he'll make fundamental mistakes, and he will come closer to being caught.

Old 02-07-2023, 09:43 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,264,047 times
Quote:
Remember the flashback when he killed his father's nurse? He was clumsy and wrestling her in the kill room.
That's an example of what he'll be like in "Origins".
He was error-prone in his old age because of empathy, whereas he'll be error-prone in his younger years because he wouldn't be as skillful or he wouldn't have mastered the code etc.
In "Origins" he'll make fundamental mistakes, and he will come closer to being caught.
He always made mistakes. Remember when he didn't use enough plastic on the big strong man and he realized it just before the man broke free and ran away?

If he were to come closer to being caught he would have already been under suspicion and the prime suspect by Miami homicide.

As I said, I seriously had to suspend credibility often about his narrow escapes. It might get silly if it's any narrower.

Old 02-07-2023, 10:04 AM

37,682 posts, read 46,114,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
DEXTER is done. Let it be done.
Agreed. I never even watched New Blood. I was good with how DEXTER ended. Done and Done.

Old 02-07-2023, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Agreed. I never even watched New Blood. I was good with how DEXTER ended. Done and Done.
I actually enjoyed NEW BLOOD up until the finale. The finale was a bust.

Old 02-08-2023, 05:49 AM

Quote:
We know his origin. We know the big points of his childhood, youth, adulthood, and now his death. What more is there to discover?

I'd much rather see the creators' efforts focus on something new.

But hey, if this show makes it to air, I'll give it a shot. But I'd be lying if I saw I was excited about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV