Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2023, 06:00 AM

4,886 posts, read 3,312,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I actually enjoyed NEW BLOOD up until the finale. The finale was a bust.
I thought the New Blood finale was pretty final. Also thought the original series final was good. I'll watch the prequel based on the other two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2023, 01:08 PM

6,822 posts, read 4,275,168 times
Eh the original Dexter show kinda turned to garbage about halfway through. New Blood wasn't much better. The 'creatives' involved clearly don't have much else to offer, so they'll just try to indefinitely cash in on that one good idea they had to start with.

Old 02-20-2023, 04:24 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,834,119 times
Dexter was Michael C. Hall, period.

Yes, there was the concept. And there was the writing, which could be glorious... but could also be putrid. But mostly? Michael C. Hall carried the show. Without him, Dexter is nothing.

I'm not at all surprised that there's more Dexter material coming down the pike. And I'm not blaming the producers. After all, audiences have shown that if you slap an established label on a product and put it out there, they'll fall all over themselves to watch it.

The ridiculous ninth season was bad enough. But at least it had Hall. This new silliness? It'll reek to high heaven. And it'll sell. But I won't be buying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
Eh the original Dexter show kinda turned to garbage about halfway through. New Blood wasn't much better. The 'creatives' involved clearly don't have much else to offer, so they'll just try to indefinitely cash in on that one good idea they had to start with.
It's not a matter of creativity. Television isn't in the creativity business; it's in the ratings business. And repackaged material that sold well before is a better bet than untried material.

Old 02-22-2023, 07:25 PM

10,828 posts, read 4,375,072 times
I think Dexter Origins will be a lot more action-packed than Dexter.
Because Dexter will be younger and more athletic and obviously more mistake-prone too.
It'll be a very different show to Dexter.

Old 12-23-2023, 01:44 AM

10,828 posts, read 4,375,072 times
As I've said before, the 2013 ending is the best ending I've ever seen of any TV show ever, so I vote for that.

Dexter Daily: The No. 1 Dexter Community Website: 10th Anniversary: The Original Dexter Series Finale Aired One Decade Ago Today - Which Ending Do You Prefer? [Poll]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV