Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 03:24 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,704,888 times

Advertisements

I think it might be nice to have sister wives, but, I would totally want to have three ways and four ways and get it on with my sister wives which appears to be a no go in this house. They seem happy though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 03:39 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,344,614 times
I've read a few books written by women who escaped the FLDS. But these folks are not part of the FLDS.

I enjoyed the show. It surprised me. The people involved came across as very sincere and open. I plan to watch the next episode to see if that continues or if things slide into the realm of fiction.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:17 PM

2 posts, read 4,476 times
I watched it and I found it totally disgusting. This man is commiting adultry. And the poor women are being used as baby making, sex machines and maids and babysitters. Now this pig of a man wants another woman. What is wrong with these women? How about one of his wives taking on 3 husbands is that ok? Bet not. I find nothing cute or homey or loving about this show and I really feel bad for the children..Yeah I saw the look on their faces when "the pig" announced he was going to bring in another woman. and they all act as though He just announced they were going to disneyland. But the look on their faces said something else. There is no way I would put up with that crap from a man..He is taking advantage of those woman hiding behind religion as an excuse to commit adultry Thr Mormans I know don't practice polygomy anymore. I really don't like this man or any man that would take advantage of women that way. And I hope this STUPID show does NOT last!!!

Old 09-27-2010, 06:29 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,091,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppydoll View Post
I watched it and I found it totally disgusting. This man is commiting adultry. And the poor women are being used as baby making, sex machines and maids and babysitters. Now this pig of a man wants another woman. What is wrong with these women? How about one of his wives taking on 3 husbands is that ok? Bet not. I find nothing cute or homey or loving about this show and I really feel bad for the children..Yeah I saw the look on their faces when "the pig" announced he was going to bring in another woman. and they all act as though He just announced they were going to disneyland. But the look on their faces said something else. There is no way I would put up with that crap from a man..He is taking advantage of those woman hiding behind religion as an excuse to commit adultry Thr Mormans I know don't practice polygomy anymore. I really don't like this man or any man that would take advantage of women that way. And I hope this STUPID show does NOT last!!!

Old 09-27-2010, 06:57 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,704,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppydoll View Post
Settle down now

Old 09-27-2010, 09:41 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,227,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I watched last night & won't be watching again. I did catch them on one of the late night talk shows.

This was what I had to say via FB last night - If anyone is recording it; don't bother. 1st 15 minutes are horrible. Don't care for the guy; seems full of himself & the women act like they are there just to give him sex every time he has an over night with one. Wife 1's father has 5 wives; so I guess she's used to it.

The guy doesn't know whether he is coming or going the way he bounces around the house.

Exactly what I was thinking last night. What if one of the wives wanted to bring a 2nd husband home?
Probably a big mess,cause it would ALL hit the fan. Of course,if we started our own religion........

Old 09-27-2010, 09:45 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,227,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I think it might be nice to have sister wives, but, I would totally want to have three ways and four ways and get it on with my sister wives which appears to be a no go in this house. They seem happy though.
Oh,you little devil! Lol

Old 09-27-2010, 10:05 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,808,471 times
I had the show on in the background and was astonished by how vapid these women seem and how shallow the moron - 3 ( I repeat 3 - soon to be 4 of them) are with. The show is pathetic and even I cant stand to have it as white noise. I will check this thread for snark though!

Old 09-27-2010, 10:14 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,222,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I've read a few books written by women who escaped the FLDS. But these folks are not part of the FLDS.

I enjoyed the show. It surprised me. The people involved came across as very sincere and open. I plan to watch the next episode to see if that continues or if things slide into the realm of fiction.
They are Fundamentalist LDS but it doesn't say which group, there are dozens. List of sects in the Latter Day Saint movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are not the compound living prarie dress wearing kind.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:58 AM

23,880 posts, read 33,609,236 times
Sister Wives on wiki - The Browns are a fundamentalist Mormon family whose faith does not align with the mainstream Mormon Church, where the practice of polygamy has been officially disbanded since 1890. The title of the series, "Sister Wives", refers to a concept prevalent in Mormon fundamentalism that the wives in a plural marriage not only marry the husband, but are eternally united to each other..

....In anticipation of legal scrutiny, TLC contacted the Utah Attorney General's office months before the series was broadcast. The office has not ruled out pursuing a case against the Brown family, but also stated they do not have the resources to go after polygamists unless they suspected serious crime such as child abuse or children trafficking. On September 27, 2010, the day after Sister Wives debuted, police in Lehi, Utah, announced they are investigating Kody Brown and his wives for possible charges of bigamy, a third-degree felony. Once the investigation concludes, the police plan to turn their evidence over to the state attorney general's office for review.[1][14] Despite the fact that Brown is only legally married to one woman, Lehi police have noted that state code identifies bigamy through cohabitation, not just legal marriage contracts

Mormon fundamentalism - The principle most often associated with Mormon fundamentalism is plural marriage, a form of polygyny first taught by Joseph Smith, Jr., the founder of the Latter Day Saint movement. A second and closely associated principle is that of the United Order, a form of egalitarian communalism. Mormon fundamentalists believe that these and other principles were wrongly abandoned or changed by the mainline LDS Church in its efforts to become reconciled with mainstream American society.

The largest Mormon fundamentalist groups are the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (FLDS Church) and the Apostolic United Brethren (AUB).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV