Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 12:09 PM

427 posts, read 631,081 times

Advertisements

Robson is the builder so check with their web site.
I bought at Quail Creek, also a Robson property .... as long as they're still building homes in that community there will be models homes to walk thru, and you can also request a guest stay.

It appears from the Robson web site that Saddlebrooke is done with the new builds, so they aren't offering tours, but
give them a call and see what they can offer you.

https://www.robson.com/be-our-guest/#
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2020, 02:07 PM

40 posts, read 45,122 times
CANoMore: best way to see any SB is to arrange a 2/3 night visit at SBRanch. Very reasonably priced and they set you up for a FREE dinner one with another couple/ambassadors (at least they did before CV-19?), round of golf if you wish, and listen to what the realtor has to say. Best "tour" is to rent for a week or more and meet a few neighbors. Many folks have done this stay and play and when they cross the SB "hill" they don't go back, mentally, to SBR with the intoxicating closeup views of the Catalina Mts. As was the case with us/wife.

Old 05-03-2021, 10:15 AM

114 posts, read 334,872 times
Although mostly built out, the original Saddlebrooke is huge retirement community. Some lots remain for new builds and big range of resale homes from very new to older. The community is closer to the mountains and the terrain variety, views , and huge amounts of amenities with multiples of pools, clubhouses, golf, a performing arts theater with live concerts and shows. Over 200 clubs. The home sales like so many areas have been going extremely fast right now.
The Ranch is newer but further away from the mountains, so different feel. Flatter terrain, a bit windy. Since it is newer, Robson has cut back on lot and street size.it does not have the amount of open space or range of amenities that the original saddlebrooke has, but some prefer the brand new amenity center. And all new houses.

Old 01-30-2022, 03:35 PM

658 posts, read 1,337,563 times
Have a question about the original Saddlebrooke. Doing research it seems there are either 2 or 3 Homeowners Associations within the overall development. I see there is a Saddlebrooke One and then a Saddlebrooke 2. Haven't been able to find much on the internet when I look up the sites. What are the differences?

Old 01-30-2022, 05:03 PM

696 posts, read 704,800 times
SaddleBrooke has two HOAs. I moved into a newly built house in the Preserve, which is part of HOA 2, a few months ago. From what I understand, a group of earlier residents wanted their golf course to be private. An agreement was made, and this group became HOA 1, while the rest of the property under development became HOA 2. HOA 2 has two golf courses that are open to the public.

The two HOAs have a reciprocal agreement that allows each to use the other’s facilities. HOA 2 fees/dues are slightly higher than those for HOA 1, but HOA 2 is larger, with more facilities and roads. A newly formed group called “SaddleBrooke United” is exploring the feasibility of combining the HOAs.

Old 02-04-2022, 12:10 PM

2,022 posts, read 872,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achi WaWa View Post
If it were only that easy... lets say for a moment that...
One doesn't have 500k+ to blow on a house in the hills or a "gated community"

One doesn't want to live way out in the country, in a double wide off a dirt road... (about 200-250k)
One doesn't want to live in an urban area, on an acre lot, in a double wide off a dirt road...( about 250-300k)
One is definitely not into communal living aka apts, townhouses or condos.

What is left for the individualist in the 250-300k range?
1/4 Ac lots with 1800 SF houses 20' from the next one that looks the same as the last one, built in subdivisions that all have some form of HOA so they can feel they are keeping the riff-raff out by pricing it out of their reach.

I guess you can tell I'm no fan of HOA's nor Unions, but I do change the channel if I don't like what I see on TV.
I'll take the lesser of the two evils. I can buy a nice home without an HOA and get trailer trash HillBillys for neighbors move in next door, or I can move in with snobby over bearing HOA ruled nutcases... After a few beers the nutcases don't look so bad. And, my property value stays intact...Also, I'm pro union, and I thank them for my pension! Anyway, that's how I can afford the HOA fees and the beer.

Old 07-15-2022, 10:58 AM

For your question about two HOAs.
Yes there are two. This site has a number of pages with more details on the amenity complexes for SaddleBrooke Two and One.

It points out one caution. The amenities are shared thru a formal agreement. But that expires in just a couple of years. So if that is important to you, be aware of that item. It may be renewed but also a good chance not. Many like idea of merger but that is unlikely due to legal community establishment documents and cost issues. Your Purchase location choice may be a factor.

SaddleBrooke Two has the majority of the amenities with three clubhouse centers. And some specific types of amenities are only located in HOA Two.
Some of the ones only in SaddleBrooke Two are Pickleball , Softball, the larger competition pool, dog park, 2 18 hole golf, and the big performing arts theater. They have multiple clubhouses and inlcude the Preserve area.

HOA1 is also very nice, but just one clubhouse and may lack access to everything else in the future. Even Some semi public amenities like theater may be restricted or at least first choice to purchase tickets to their residents. Either are Great communities.
https://saddlebrookecommunity.wordpress.com/

Old 08-27-2022, 07:49 AM

Site suggests to update this thread as still read by many. Important update about the HOAs. The site https://saddlebrookecommunity.wordpress.com/
Has some newer information now on the two HOAs at The main Saddlebrooke. If you scroll to bottom table of contents, they have a page about with a chart for the two hoas amenities.

It is important because there is an agreement to share amenities but it is expiring soon.

It is confusing because hoa one advertises on their site all of the amenities and may not be clear.
There is a very good chance it will not renew as written.

HOA 2 or Saddlebrooke Two has the majority of the amenities with multiple complexes and clubhouses also. Besides having multiple clubhouses pools, multiple fitness etc vs single clubhouse etc. Some types of amenities are also only found in Saddlebrooke Two. For example pickleball , the performing arts theater, dog park, or other athletic courts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson