Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2007, 11:36 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,381,458 times

Advertisements

can anyone describe these towns for me, or any other small towns within reasonable commuting distance to Amarillo?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2007, 09:29 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
I can't help you with that, belles, but am kinda looking at the Amarillo area myself. Have been in Lubbock several years, and time to move further north I think. I have been looking at Pampa (on internet) and plan to visit up there later this month, and check out Amarillo. Is smaller but still a nice size city for shopping, etc. Looks clean and livable, moreso than Lubbock I think.

Hopefully someone from those areas will give us some good info!

Old 03-17-2007, 10:02 AM

oh yeah...i definitely prefer Pampa/Amarillo area over Lubbock. Lubbock seems too "college town" ....i dont want to feel old at age 42!!
let me know how your visit goes, please!! and if you are near the small towns of White Deer, Claude, Groom, etc...please take pics...and pics of Pampa too!

Old 03-17-2007, 10:08 AM

I have just been reading posts/threads about Amarillo area. Have only driven through there on I40 going to wherever (AZ or NM). Am also in healthcare field, and used to work for IHS. Can't wait to take a closer look!

Have also been wanting to get a few acres for a garden, chickens and goats (nubians)! But would need to be near a larger city for work (unfortunately). Still looking for a way out of healthcare--another topic.

Yes, will take pics, but don't have a clue how to download them! Am afraid it will just be taking flat liner pics where land meets the sky...

Old 03-17-2007, 10:15 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,888,220 times
My old roomate settled in Pampa after living in Dallas for awhile and they LOVE it. She describes it as a great little home town!

Old 03-17-2007, 10:23 AM

wow you sound like me...i am an Emergency Room RN...i already know where i will be working, well kinda-i am going to work either at Clements Unit or Neal Unit in Amarillo...or the Jordan Unit in Pampa...ready to get back to correctional health...which i did for years.
i am also going to buy a ranchette!!! and i want goats too! and maybe alpalcas!!
and yes, i am also always looking for a way out of healthcare-i quit nursing once and worked as a Flight Attendant, but couldnt afford my bills on that salary!
but correctional health is the best kept secret in nursing..shhhhhhhhhh
so where do you live now? what kind of nursing do you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I have just been reading posts/threads about Amarillo area. Have only driven through there on I40 going to wherever (AZ or NM). Am also in healthcare field, and used to work for IHS. Can't wait to take a closer look!

Have also been wanting to get a few acres for a garden, chickens and goats (nubians)! But would need to be near a larger city for work (unfortunately). Still looking for a way out of healthcare--another topic.

Yes, will take pics, but don't have a clue how to download them! Am afraid it will just be taking flat liner pics where land meets the sky...

Old 03-17-2007, 12:06 PM

I am not a nurse, tried to be, got into nursing school, but the Nursing Director didn't like me taking my own "initiative".

What is so great about correctional health? Had four inmates come into the clinic the other day, with only ONE guard and flipped out. Told big fat guard to get them out NOW, until he can do the right thing and bring more coverage. An all woman clinic with NO security, like sitting ducks, ugh.

I would like alpacas too, but need to get situated somewhere on a few acres first. Would love to find another income source, so sick and tired of having to please other people, and not at all good at it anymore! Have thought of just doing medical transcription for awhile, since I live on a shoestring anyway, even though I make alot of money. And type very fast, know the terminology of course, and could work from home. Could easily get by on 40K/yr. Am very ready to get out and do some work in the sunshine and fresh air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas