Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2007, 09:12 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,202,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlybear34 View Post
I know what you mean about driving in it. I lived up north attending high school and college in Toledo, Ohio. Lake effect snow, sub zero temperatures, Florida was a welcome relief. In time, I will have to relearn the whole driving in snow stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Those are some beautiful shots. It's been a long time since I've been to Wilder, I think I might head over there next time I'm in Monterey.

And I definitely want a lot of snow this year! It's been far too long.

Thanks for sharing!
Many of the friends I have in Florida laughed at the thought of me living anywhere near snow. I spent a good bit of my adult life traveling in Caribbean, Central and South America for work and I do love the heat.

However, there is a certain crisp and clean silence to the winters here. They are not all that long and allow a person time to reflect and gather around a fire. It has come to end up being tied for my favorite season of the year. Of course I won't be saying that come early March.

Old 10-20-2007, 02:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,945 times
I purchased a lot at sequatchie Pointe I have not gone back there so I am worried after reading your post. Please fill me in on the details.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:50 PM

4 posts, read 7,587 times
In light of all the "rip-off" I have seen in developments, where is a good, reasonable, mountain community in Tennessee? My husband and I want to retire soon, but seems as though so many places have bad reviews!

Old 10-22-2007, 05:31 AM

6 posts, read 22,278 times
Default Sp

You need to go up look around read the small print. We bought in SP over a year ago knowing it was a longer term investment. It is not an area that you can move into right away. It is beautiful, close to Chattanooga. There are alot of nice areas. We are looking forward to moving up there when the time is right.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:00 PM

12 posts, read 31,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther743 View Post
I purchased a lot at sequatchie Pointe I have not gone back there so I am worried after reading your post. Please fill me in on the details.
Get a lawyer. you will need it!

Old 11-16-2007, 06:29 PM

32 posts, read 113,454 times
Default Sequatchie Pointe

Esther743,

I see that you bought a lot in Sequatchie Pointe and you appear to have some concern based on some posts. Unfortunately there are a few that seriously dislike Sequatchie Pointe and speak negatively at every opportunity but do not appear to have anything to substantiate their concerns. I don't let those comments bother me anymore. I bought in Sequatchie Pointe in January and love it as much today as I did in January. Yes, I bought in the earlier stages (when they just starting selling phase two) so bought a little on faith but their progress has been phenomenal to date. I have come to meet about six others who have bought over the last 10 months and they are equally pleased. For those who criticize often I have asked in the past for their reasons why but have yet to get an answer beyond a general answer like "they are crooks" or "get a lawyer" so I simply disregard their concerns for the last few months. A couple other posts are in progress from those of us who actually like Sequatchie Pointe and are welcome to join us there!!

Old 11-18-2007, 07:30 PM

35 posts, read 204,961 times
I have been watching these posts for a few months. Rick you hit it on the head. I haven't seen anyone with a negative comment back it up. I bought a lot in phase 3.Back in august. Had a local attorney research the development and I had no problems getting a clear title and title insurance. Marion county was very helpful letting us know about the bonds on the development. They are doing there due diligence. Were going to go by in January to see what part of the property has the best view to clear. Probably won't build for another 2 years. But you never know. Also before we bought we drove around Chattanooga and the surrounding areas for a while and I must say everyone we spoke to were very helpful and friendly. Which is what really sold us.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:49 AM

611 posts, read 2,000,177 times
I do not own or sell for the development (apparently one must state that for all the haters out there). After reading a few negative posts I asked an attorney that is familiar with the area and development if he had heard anything. So far he hasn't. It's been a few days. I'll follow up with him.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:33 PM

32 posts, read 113,454 times
jtnbound,

Great to hear you have joined the SP gang and I look forward to meeting my new neighbors. I am also going to try to make it up around January because it is very easy to walk the property during the winter (as you state - less growth to block the views). When I bought in January (phase two) it was easy to walk but when I went back in April it was a little more difficult so I am planning to go again in January or so. Of course I already have planned out where the house will ultimately go!! I have always liked the Chattanooga area so when I saw the property at SP its proximity to Chattanooga is what sold me. I agree with the assessment of the people in Chattanooga and the nearby areas. Wonderful people and great to talk with. I loved South Pittsburg and enjoyed the "down home" feeling in the area. Central Florida has lost its "down home" feel about 25 years ago and I look forward to living in a "small town" again!!

Old 11-21-2007, 11:52 AM

35 posts, read 204,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick-FL View Post
jtnbound,

Great to hear you have joined the SP gang and I look forward to meeting my new neighbors. I am also going to try to make it up around January because it is very easy to walk the property during the winter (as you state - less growth to block the views). When I bought in January (phase two) it was easy to walk but when I went back in April it was a little more difficult so I am planning to go again in January or so. Of course I already have planned out where the house will ultimately go!! I have always liked the Chattanooga area so when I saw the property at SP its proximity to Chattanooga is what sold me. I agree with the assessment of the people in Chattanooga and the nearby areas. Wonderful people and great to talk with. I loved South Pittsburg and enjoyed the "down home" feeling in the area. Central Florida has lost its "down home" feel about 25 years ago and I look forward to living in a "small town" again!!
Yes glad to join in. I couldn't agree more I moved from the west coast of Florida about 15 years ago for a job offer in south Florida. The money was to good to pass up. But ever since my wife and I have notice the pace is rush rush rush. And just as soon as you get to know someone they move away. Or they turn cold on you. Between that and the tax's & insurance the rat race isn't worth it anymore. I can't wait to smash my cell phone, grab the dog, jump in the bass boat and kick back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee