Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 01:23 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,035,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulli1998 View Post
my husband and i went to sequatchie pointe and signed a contract(like idiots) and got back to our room at the hotel and said what did we just do. we immediately called our credit company and canceled the whole transaction. the pressure to sign is unbelievable and they make you feel that if dont contract your fools.the land is beautiful but the surrounding little towns are back from the 50's. rebel flags are everywhere!!! we do not want to part of their prejudice and red neck ways. also they commit fraud when setting up your financing, they inflate the price to show a bigger down payment. buyer beware when purchasing this land. your better off going to a private seller and purchasing unless he has a rebel hanging off the front of his doublewide.
Perfect. Now if everyone would do that Tenneesse would stay a nice place with Rebel flags and doublewides. By the way, those are some of the best people on earth.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:44 AM

2 posts, read 7,348 times
mr "bigr
a nice place-if your not black or spanish or any other race. i'll stick with my high taxes and insurance. perfect! yes. im sure that their are great people in tenn and ga and i have very good friends that live in ga, but for the few that are prejudice and ruin the image and only go to the "white" bars ,stores ect you can have them. after i was told by a tennessee resident that blacks have their "place" i wanted to puke. have fun ,fly your flag.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:34 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,223,364 times
Sulli1998,

I think you are painting the residents of Tennessee with rather broad strokes. I recall while being in Florida, hearing my Jamaican neighbor refer to my other neighbor from Puerto Rico as being filthy ****'s. I do not hold it against the residents of Florida because one or even many people are bigots, that is rather silly don't you think?

I would like to point you towards Monterey, Tennessee that has a staggering 38% Hispanic median population average. Now if it were so biased against minorities, then I doubt there would be such a large population. After all, if it were so bad, then why are so many Hispanic's moving into the area instead of out of it?

Old 10-03-2007, 04:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,411 times
i am headed to sequatchie in oct/ can anybody tell me of a good realtor in the area thanks

Old 10-04-2007, 02:27 PM

Default A few of the local scenes from Wilder area

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Can't imagine why anyone would want to live in a place like this. :-)

Old 10-04-2007, 06:00 PM

849 posts, read 2,961,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

A picture is worth a 1000 words. In early February of 1989, my wife, 1 year old son, and I drove to relocate to Florida. It had rained, then froze and the sun shone bright. I have never seen anything more breathtaking then the image over every hill, the limbs from the treees were all coated in ice, and the sun caused them to twinkle. Of course, there were no digital cmeras then, but the image in my mind will stay there forever.

Thanks for the beautiful snow shot!

Old 10-04-2007, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlybear34 View Post
A picture is worth a 1000 words. In early February of 1989, my wife, 1 year old son, and I drove to relocate to Florida. It had rained, then froze and the sun shone bright. I have never seen anything more breathtaking then the image over every hill, the limbs from the treees were all coated in ice, and the sun caused them to twinkle. Of course, there were no digital cmeras then, but the image in my mind will stay there forever.

Thanks for the beautiful snow shot!
You are of course most welcome. I will say this, with that beauty comes the price of trying to learn how to drive on this stuff as this is basically my driveway. Sadly, they don't make cars with bumpers all the way around.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:47 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,699,077 times
snow! snow! snow! snow! snow! snow! snow! snow! snow! snow! snow! snow! snow! snow! snow!

I am so there this winter

Old 10-05-2007, 02:42 AM

849 posts, read 2,961,108 times
I know what you mean about driving in it. I lived up north attending high school and college in Toledo, Ohio. Lake effect snow, sub zero temperatures, Florida was a welcome relief. In time, I will have to relearn the whole driving in snow stuff.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:24 AM

13,378 posts, read 40,123,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post

Those are some beautiful shots. It's been a long time since I've been to Wilder, I think I might head over there next time I'm in Monterey.

And I definitely want a lot of snow this year! It's been far too long.

Thanks for sharing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee