Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 08:31 AM

44 posts, read 75,234 times

Advertisements

Hi all- looking at a potential move to Clarksville. Hoping to get some general info on the area. Wife and I are in our early 50’s, I would say we are most comfortable in upper middle class neighborhoods (wife is a fan of gated communities- I could care less about that. We are pretty much home-bodies but like trying new places for our weekly night out. We like a good sports bar or small locally-owed bar to go watch a game from time to time. We are both originally from small-towns in NW Iowa, since then have lived in Jackson, MS—— Tampa, FL — and currently in southern Minnesota (Rochester).

What are the best neighborhoods in or near there? Any other info you can lend would be greatly appreciated as we consider our options
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2023, 05:25 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,206,471 times
I grew up in Clarksville but I've lived in Nashville most of my adult life, so take my comments with that in mind.

It sounds like you would be a good fit for the east side of Montgomery County. There are a variety of good neighborhoods in that area, and a choice of price ranges. You could start by looking at neighborhoods off of or near Madison Street and 41-A and expand your search from there.

You can find most of what you enjoy in Clarksville but living on the east side would make a trip to Nashville a fairly easy drive.

Last edited by alleycat; 02-17-2023 at 06:09 AM..

Old 02-18-2023, 07:40 AM

Thank you for the feedback!

Old 02-18-2023, 08:02 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,206,471 times
I'm sorry I couldn't be more specific but not having lived in Clarksville for some 40+ years I'm not up to date on everything in and around Clarksville, although I still have friends and family there.

I could probably answer any general questions you might have.

Old 02-18-2023, 11:06 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,731 times
Lots of threads on it

https://www.city-data.com/forum/sear...rchid=46925533

Old 03-04-2023, 07:49 AM

Well, it’s official, my wife and I will be moving to Clarksville. I will be down the last week of March and she will follow upon purchase of a house. Any tips or advice appreciated. We are excited, as this move to Tennessee idea was hatched a couple years ago, but we thought it would be another 5 years or so before it would happen.

Old 03-04-2023, 01:23 PM

537 posts, read 443,275 times
Chances are you'll be looking at homes both in KY and TN. Try to stick to living in TN. The lands outside of the city are very beautiful--as are the farms with the beautiful tobacco barns. Look for a good real estate agent.

Nice to be just 45 miles to Nashville--The Happening Place.

Old 03-04-2023, 08:09 PM

3,037 posts, read 3,304,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamoguy View Post
Hi all- looking at a potential move to Clarksville. Hoping to get some general info on the area. Wife and I are in our early 50’s, I would say we are most comfortable in upper middle class neighborhoods (wife is a fan of gated communities- I could care less about that. We are pretty much home-bodies but like trying new places for our weekly night out. We like a good sports bar or small locally-owed bar to go watch a game from time to time. We are both originally from small-towns in NW Iowa, since then have lived in Jackson, MS—— Tampa, FL — and currently in southern Minnesota (Rochester).

What are the best neighborhoods in or near there? Any other info you can lend would be greatly appreciated as we consider our options
Get a relocation real estate agent to help you with the process. Then let them take you around the city. You may decide between KY & TN side of the border. Good that you have time to explore with your needs for shopping, work & other items.

That said only concern is how many neighbors could be military. With Ft Campbell & 101st Airborne nearby you never know if/when they are recalled for duty.

Old 03-08-2023, 06:34 AM

What is the concern with living near a lot of military families? Never lived in an area like that so didn’t realize if that would make a difference. Is it just in the fact they are mobile so there may be instability? Honest question and thanks in advance for any insight into that aspect of the area.

Our relocation company already has us set up with a realtor that we are meeting this week. Exciting but stressful times about to ensue

Old 03-09-2023, 09:53 PM

537 posts, read 443,275 times
One day, I drove into Clarksville from Dickson and drove all the way to Hopkinsville (Hoptown). It felt like I drove for 50 miles--solid city--thru Clarksville. It's one long, long city going alongside the river and then out toward the base.

Clarksville is certainly no quiet little place any longer. With the college and Ft. Campbell, it's really a happening place with a great future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee