Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 09:49 AM
JRR

8,218 posts, read 5,725,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian2021 View Post
In Canada everything is closed and we are in state of emergency. I dont call it a freedom going out to pubs and restaurants in pandemic. Its negligence and ignorance.
People are literally dying.
I know its not an ideal scenario but we all should be responsible and i dont blame our government to take stricter rules. Everyone wants this to be over but we need to do our part
The reality is that there are always going to be those who prefer to drag this situation out longer in return for not having to do anything different in their lives to bring it to a quicker conclusion. As long as it does not touch them personally in a dire manner, it is not their problem. Even with the vaccine, there will be many who refuse to get it. People want things back to normal but don't want to make the effort to get it there.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:14 AM

902 posts, read 814,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
The reality is that there are always going to be those who prefer to drag this situation out longer in return for not having to do anything different in their lives to bring it to a quicker conclusion. As long as it does not touch them personally in a dire manner, it is not their problem. Even with the vaccine, there will be many who refuse to get it. People want things back to normal but don't want to make the effort to get it there.
To anyone that says MY CHOICE of wearing a mask or not should be taken away - my only response is that YOUR CHOICE of taking a potentially dangerous vaccine should then be taken away too.

“My body, My choice” after all right, or only when it serves your particular agenda? Hysteria and hypocrisy at its finest.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:28 AM
JRR

8,218 posts, read 5,725,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceTheExplorer View Post
To anyone that says MY CHOICE of wearing a mask or not should be taken away - my only response is that YOUR CHOICE of taking a potentially dangerous vaccine should then be taken away too.

“My body, My choice” after all right, or only when it serves your particular agenda? Hysteria and hypocrisy at its finest.
Wear a mask; don't wear a mask. Get vaccinated; don't get vaccinated. No one is saying that you have no choice in these things. You have the right to drag this situation out as long as you want to. Others prefer to do what they can to get back to normal as soon as possible. Not sure where I see hysteria in that

Old 01-16-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Wear a mask; don't wear a mask. Get vaccinated; don't get vaccinated. No one is saying that you have no choice in these things. You have the right to drag this situation out as long as you want to. Others prefer to do what they can to get back to normal as soon as possible. Not sure where I see hysteria in that
Funny how our family’s normal never changed ... even with the media trying to convince us it had the entire time. We see it as hysteria versus critical thinking, which we will not give up even if the media, social(ist) media and government says otherwise.

Masking up apparently hasn’t worked either or the curve would have flattened some over time. Again, the media and big interests controlling people like puppets, with little to no critical thinking from anyone about any of it.

How about you do you and let others do the same. Wear your masks and take your elixir to show Big Brother how good of a minion you are. The rest of us will continue on doing what we do ... and will continue to do.

Last edited by VinceTheExplorer; 01-16-2021 at 11:06 AM..

Old 01-16-2021, 10:41 AM

206 posts, read 187,044 times
I never preached anything or said that I would like to try to change people. Obviously I will whole heartedly blend in.
I was talking about some posters here who wanted no outsider here to stop tn to become next TX etc.
People have different opinions about specific things. Its a good thing. Not to tell others to stay where you are. Thats not welcoming at all.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian2021 View Post
I never preached anything or said that I would like to try to change people. Obviously I will whole heartedly blend in.
I was talking about some posters here who wanted no outsider here to stop tn to become next TX etc.
People have different opinions about specific things. Its a good thing. Not to tell others to stay where you are. Thats not welcoming at all.
False, and calling people “ignorant, negligent and lacking common sense” before even coming to an area is frankly ignorant in itself. Look at your previous posts and stop playing the victim.

We’ve all given various people here from many different areas all kinds of good advice and suggestions about moving and living here. You show up though with a condescending attitude and expect something welcoming in return? Got it and good luck.

I stand by my suggestion to stay where you are and have more welcoming folks to engage with. Good bye.

Last edited by VinceTheExplorer; 01-16-2021 at 11:04 AM..

Old 01-16-2021, 11:52 AM

206 posts, read 187,044 times
Don't want to argue with you. I ll leave on you feeling good about yourself.

Old 01-16-2021, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizaloo View Post
Chiming in to say that we just moved to TN this year from WI - settled in the Cookeville/Crossville area after visiting and somewhat house-hunting since 2013. You know what we want to 'change' about Tennessee? Absolutely nothing. It's a perfect fit for us and we knew that 7 years ago. We're rural, have wonderful neighbors (acres away) and love the fact that those that feel the need to wear a mask do so, and leave the rest of us alone.

Everyone is friendly, welcoming and our home will definitely be our forever place. We love everything about Tennessee and are thankful that we can call this wonderful state home.
We couldn’t agree more! Glad you found your forever home and want to see this beautiful state stay as it is. We love it here too and know we have a good thing here. Enjoy!

Old 01-16-2021, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
My wife and I fled NJ in '19 and are outside of Maryville.

We moved to get away from NJ, not drag it with us and try to inflict it on our new neighbors. We love it here.

I tell people that we're refugees, not missionaries.
Couldn’t agree more. Moving here and dragging baggage along and being disrespectful and loud just paints a big red bullseye on you here. People here are warm, respectful and accepting as long as you are too. We’ve made a bunch of great friends here and love all of our neighbors, who are mostly all lifelong residents of the area. Couldn’t be happier!

Old 01-16-2021, 12:28 PM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 21 days ago)

16,149 posts, read 21,291,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceTheExplorer View Post
Then why be lured to Tennessee if many of us here enjoy our liberties and freedoms, even in the midst of a pandemic? Seems contradictory to me.

This is the mindset many of us here have issues with, and don’t need an influx of panic stricken folks coming here and trying to change the above, and turning TN into another GA or TX.

If you feel the need to stay home then by all means stay home, but coming here and preaching about ignorance and negligence will make you stand out like a sore thumb (... not all areas but many).
Please don't speak for all of us. Plenty of us like Tennessee for reasons other than 'red state' reasons. We don't need an influx of 'freedom' loving people who refuse to take the virus seriously either, overwhelming our healthcare system isn't something I want to see happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee