Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2021, 10:29 AM

902 posts, read 814,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian2021 View Post
In Canada everything is closed and we are in state of emergency. I dont call it a freedom going out to pubs and restaurants in pandemic. Its negligence and ignorance.
People are literally dying.
I know its not an ideal scenario but we all should be responsible and i dont blame our government to take stricter rules. Everyone wants this to be over but we need to do our part
Then why be lured to Tennessee if many of us here enjoy our liberties and freedoms, even in the midst of a pandemic? Seems contradictory to me.

This is the mindset many of us here have issues with, and don’t need an influx of panic stricken folks coming here and trying to change the above, and turning TN into another GA or TX.

If you feel the need to stay home then by all means stay home, but coming here and preaching about ignorance and negligence will make you stand out like a sore thumb (... not all areas but many).

Old 01-15-2021, 02:25 PM

206 posts, read 187,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceTheExplorer View Post
Then why be lured to Tennessee if many of us here enjoy our liberties and freedoms, even in the midst of a pandemic? Seems contradictory to me.

This is the mindset many of us here have issues with, and don’t need an influx of panic stricken folks coming here and trying to change the above, and turning TN into another GA or TX.

If you feel the need to stay home then by all means stay home, but coming here and preaching about ignorance and negligence will make you stand out like a sore thumb (... not all areas but many).
We are not coming here until things calm down. Until then we are going to work from home.
And it wasnt our choice to move to Nashville due to pandemic.
Our employer moved office to Tennessee.
Hopefully it is going to be over soon. I m not going to preach anything to anyone. It was just my two cents on previous poster about freedom etc

Old 01-15-2021, 02:29 PM

I can clearly see from your comments how people like you are not very welcoming to transplants. If someone try to put some basic common sense in you. You tell them to stay where they are and not to be lured to this beautiful state tn.

Old 01-15-2021, 02:32 PM

4,356 posts, read 4,746,664 times
Quote:
I can clearly see from your comments how people like you are not very welcoming to transplants. If someone try to put some basic common sense in you. You tell them to stay where they are and not to be lured to this beautiful state tn.

Sorry to tell you, this attitude is far more common than people think. I am like you - work relocation, not of my choice. At least Nashville urban core doesn't have this as much. Good luck.

Old 01-15-2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I’m a transplant myself (lived in many places) but came to TN to raise our family and embrace the area, culture and people ... and not to change a thing. I personally love the people here, my neighbors and the rights they / we fight so hard to keep as the rest of the country (and world) are so quick to give up.

So you can respectfully keep your common sense as no one here is asking for it or needs it. Just speaking for myself of course. Good luck.

Last edited by VinceTheExplorer; 01-15-2021 at 04:21 PM..

Old 01-15-2021, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Sorry to tell you, this attitude is far more common than people think. I am like you - work relocation, not of my choice. At least Nashville urban core doesn't have this as much. Good luck.
We are very welcoming to transplants, myself being a transplant included. Just show up, hush up and live your lives. It’s pretty simple.

TN folks are truly some of the finest and most welcoming people in the country if you ask me (lived in enough places to know) .. until you infringe on their rights or start trying to tell them what to do or how to act and such.

Blend in and you’ll never have an issue, but that can be said for anywhere. Just my .02.

Last edited by VinceTheExplorer; 01-15-2021 at 04:22 PM..

Old 01-15-2021, 07:45 PM

111 posts, read 138,713 times
Quote:
Dont worry about people like him too much. In the south as long as you are not to talking about religion, politics, or money with strangers in public you’ll be good. Unfortunately a lot of people do have that attitude of lockdowns infringing on their rights. But you will find a lot of local leaders here urging people to use common sense and wear a mask when going out (fair enough in my mind, its hard to enforce those laws). People started to Protest back in March/April when the slightest talk of restrictions occurred.

Vince I think thats its odd that you are saying people shouldn’t move here and try to change things or turn TN into “GA” or “TX”? This is the state that gave the world Al Gore after all and I think it’s only really been in the last 10 years or so that Tennessee swung so hard R. Before that we’ve had a pretty healthy mix of D and R representation.

Last edited by yellowcat123; 01-15-2021 at 08:00 PM..

Old 01-15-2021, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcat123 View Post
Vince I think thats its odd that you are saying people shouldn’t move here and try to change things or turn TN into “GA” or “TX”? This is the state that gave the world Al Gore after all and I think it’s only really been in the last 10 years or so that Tennessee swung so hard R. Before that we’ve had a pretty healthy mix of D and R representation.
My only response is that maybe things are different around Nashville, but leave the confines of the city and try to “instill some common sense” to those on this side of the state and see how that works out.

Point being, never have said people shouldn’t move here. Standing though on a soap box BEFORE even coming to an area and attempting to weave into the local fabric and population says much more about the individual than it does about myself.

Like or not, the poster will have a hard time outside of Nashville coming here and blending in with an attitude like that. Good luck with that is all that I’ll say as we live here and have nothing to prove to someone who doesn’t.

Last edited by VinceTheExplorer; 01-15-2021 at 08:18 PM..

Old 01-15-2021, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
I totally agree with you. Relocation is not always where you love to be. Work takes you places. So is the case with us. Thanks for your assuring words. I really appreciate them.
I m glad to hear urban core is more of accepting to transplants. As we Canadians are very welcoming to new people ourselves.

Last edited by Canadian2021; 01-15-2021 at 09:49 PM..

Old 01-15-2021, 09:48 PM

[quote=yellowcat123;60172295]Dont worry about people like him too much. In the south as long as you are not to talking about religion, politics, or money with strangers in public you’ll be good. Unfortunately a lot of people do have that attitude of lockdowns infringing on their rights. But you will find a lot of local leaders here urging people to use common sense and wear a mask when going out (fair enough in my mind, its hard to enforce those laws). People started to Protest back in March/April when the slightest talk of restrictions occurred.

Thanks Yellowcat I can see mostly people are sensible during these times.
Mostly people I met in Nashville during my visit were very friendly and welcoming too.
I honestly don’t understand how would a lockdown is infringe anyones rights. Its a freaking pandemic. Health care is overloaded. But people want to enjoy their normal restaurant and pubs visits in the name of freedom. Not wearing a mask shouldn't be an option when you are putting your fellow residents in danger
If local leaders are encouraging people to wear masks in public then I guess its our civil duty to abide by them. But again you are right. You cant force law on them.
Anyways things here in Canada is a bit different story. I have not seen a single person without a mask.
Yeah there are some crazy people protesting here as well from time to time but they are faced with some fines at the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee