Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 02:09 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,689,486 times

Advertisements

Cumberland County has recorded its first confirmed case of COVID-19.

The Tennessee Department of Health added Cumberland County to a growing list of counties in the state with cases of the virus on Thursday at 2 p.m.

Statewide, cases increased from 98 confirmed positive cases on Wednesday to 154 cases on Thursday.

https://www.crossville-chronicle.com...nt=read%20more

Old 03-19-2020, 07:36 PM

35,171 posts, read 31,490,161 times
I also read the Jefferson County has one. It's probably everywhere, but a lack of testing makes it impossible to know.

Old 03-20-2020, 06:50 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,706,729 times
I think when we finally get full scale testing we will be shocked.

Check out this link for the latest by county:

https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html

Old 03-20-2020, 10:37 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,689,486 times
Arrow One confirmed case of COVID-19 in Putnam County, possibly six others.

Putnam County Mayor Randy Porter said there is one confirmed case of COVID-19 in Putnam County and six possible others, pending confirmation from the Centers for Disease Control Friday.

One confirmed case of COVID-19 in Putnam County, possibly six others | Herald Citizen

Old 03-21-2020, 06:30 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,499,190 times
https://i.imgur.com/9mR94DT.jpg

Last edited by Beretta; 04-12-2020 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: copyright

Old 03-21-2020, 08:44 PM

35,171 posts, read 31,490,161 times
This is pathetic. Kentucky is a poorer state, but instituted more stringent measures early. Now cases are going up geometrically throughout TN, but linearly (so far) in KY. While I would more expect more cases due to Nashville, I didn't expect this fumble.

Bill Lee has largely been absent, especially considering the leadership of someone like Andrew Cuomo. I liked him when he ran, but he's been ten times the empty suit Bredesen or Haslam ever were. He is no leader. I've historically voted Republican, but I'd vote for a yellow dog Democrat over Lee at this point.

We've been one of the least aggressive states regarding this virus. Here in the Tri-Cities, offices are still packed, people are shopping at what stores are open like business as usual, and nasty places like call centers where multiple folks share desks in tight quarters are operating business as usual with a lack of basic sanitation and safety precautions.

I work in a healthcare company in IT, and we're mandated to be in the office. There is no business need for it - many of us work remotely here and there as it is. It is pointlessly reckless, especially given that we have an older labor force.

Lee needs to either shut the state down or get out of the way and say we're supporting the economy regardless of the virus. This middle ground is both killing the economy and spreading the virus.

Old 03-22-2020, 05:15 AM

1,665 posts, read 1,929,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
This is pathetic. Kentucky is a poorer state, but instituted more stringent measures early. Now cases are going up geometrically throughout TN, but linearly (so far) in KY. While I would more expect more cases due to Nashville, I didn't expect this fumble.

Bill Lee has largely been absent, especially considering the leadership of someone like Andrew Cuomo. I liked him when he ran, but he's been ten times the empty suit Bredesen or Haslam ever were. He is no leader. I've historically voted Republican, but I'd vote for a yellow dog Democrat over Lee at this point.

We've been one of the least aggressive states regarding this virus. Here in the Tri-Cities, offices are still packed, people are shopping at what stores are open like business as usual, and nasty places like call centers where multiple folks share desks in tight quarters are operating business as usual with a lack of basic sanitation and safety precautions.

I work in a healthcare company in IT, and we're mandated to be in the office. There is no business need for it - many of us work remotely here and there as it is. It is pointlessly reckless, especially given that we have an older labor force.

Lee needs to either shut the state down or get out of the way and say we're supporting the economy regardless of the virus. This middle ground is both killing the economy and spreading the virus.
Well said and amen

Old 03-22-2020, 05:22 PM

712 posts, read 1,491,735 times
Bottom line: Some people think TN is overreacting, others think TN is under reacting. Its basically impossible to make everyone happy in a situation like this- and I refuse to politicize a public health issue.

Old 03-22-2020, 07:08 PM

9,485 posts, read 10,844,556 times
I have an opposite opinion of the OP. This disease went through China...1billion people and it only killed 4000 there. This is no worse than a bad flu. As with all these types of viruses they tend to kill the old, weak and sick. I’m not diminishing those folks values as human beings but why are we worried so much now. The flu does this to these people every year.

Many blue states up north have had businesses shuttered for weeks, now their citizens are locked in their homes. The panic of all this has crashed the stock market. The nation faces a second Great Depression. The states that locked down all their businesses are likely much more damaged than we are. The restaurants up there will likely never reopen. The auto companies up north are in danger of disappearing. Mass ruin is coming to them. MILLIONS could die from the poverty this will cause, many more than the virus could ever kill. The political division in this nation could blow wide open amidst the fallout of the now imminent economic collapse. Economic depression breeds civil wars, revolutions and major wars. One only needs to look to the 1930s and 1940s to see what economic depression can lead too. I do not fear the virus any more then I fear the seasonal flu but I fear the prospect of economic depression.

Our state has refrained from draconian measures so far. I enjoyed some good Mexican food and some BBQ last week. I made sure to go out twice to support my local businesses. I’m far more worried about them than this virus. If by a miracle the economy can be saved our state will come out less damaged than the over reactive blue states will. Michigan, Ohio and Illinois were already fragile.......they are now doomed to be economic wastelands for a generation. I believe governor Lee should declare the state open for business and then leverage what resources we have to prepare the healthcare system for the onslaught of patients. I am not trying to sound cold but I believe we need to protect our ability to support ourselves first. If we fail to do that then the human suffering in tennessee will become unbearable. Of course our fate is also largely tied to that of the nation and as we all know much of America has gone off the deep end. I am so worried for our country.

Old 03-23-2020, 08:30 AM

1,285 posts, read 2,363,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I have an opposite opinion of the OP. This disease went through China...1billion people and it only killed 4000 there. .
Right. Because Hubei province was shut down and quarantined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee