Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 08:16 PM

6,353 posts, read 11,596,358 times

Advertisements

Sadly rocky fork remains closed. Do you know the reasoning, SC? Is that the one you are referring to?

I was able to visit the Citico creek region of Cherokee Forest last week. What areas have you seen blocked off, SC? Can you get up to Beauty spot?

Tapping my feet in hopes the Smokies reopen. I think they would be well advised to keep some of the more visited trails closed - even though that might mean posting a ranger at the trailhead. Some of those trails are like interstate highways. yet a few miles away one has the trail to oneself.

Old 04-29-2020, 08:46 AM

6,353 posts, read 11,596,358 times
A request for Mr. Angler: are the trailheads at Horse creek locked off? How about the trails at the end of Clarks Creek road?

Old 04-29-2020, 12:33 PM

35,081 posts, read 31,322,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
Sadly rocky fork remains closed. Do you know the reasoning, SC? Is that the one you are referring to?

I was able to visit the Citico creek region of Cherokee Forest last week. What areas have you seen blocked off, SC? Can you get up to Beauty spot?

Tapping my feet in hopes the Smokies reopen. I think they would be well advised to keep some of the more visited trails closed - even though that might mean posting a ranger at the trailhead. Some of those trails are like interstate highways. yet a few miles away one has the trail to oneself.
No idea about the reason Rocky Fork. You can probably find a way in to wherever you want to go. The Limestone Cove trailhead area was closed, but the picnic area wasn't blocked and you can park there.

Old 04-29-2020, 06:18 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,504,784 times
Let's get this thread back on topic. Thank you.

Old 05-24-2020, 07:29 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,959,732 times
The "cure" has been worse than the illness. Open up the state.

Old 06-17-2020, 11:22 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
TN is one of the 21 states now seeing an uptick from Covid. I hope people will start being responsible. Wear a mask. Socially distance. Stay safe and keep others safe.

Old 06-17-2020, 03:42 PM

16,077 posts, read 21,159,132 times
Interesting read here
https://www.vumc.org/health-policy/s...0June%2016.pdf

Old 06-17-2020, 06:46 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,692,780 times
I believe in supporting local businesses in my area. During the brunt of Covid 19 I stayed at home as much as possible and did not visit any of my favorite stores. With the state allowing, (encouraging), to open I thought it would be a good time to revisit local stores. Out I went with my mask,gloves, and hand sanitizer in my car and what did I find? Not one of the local stores I buy from had even one employee wearing a mask.
Is there anyone who does not know the reason for wearing a mask is for the protection of other? If not let me inform you; masks only provide minimal protection to the wearer but does protect others.
As a result I went online and found the same products that I typically buy from my local stores and purchased items. I will be doing this in the future.
Was this mistake limited to small businesses? No, of the two builders supply stores only one store had their employees wearing masks and that store will be the one I buy from in the future.
Lastly, I am discouraged to find a majority of people, (shoppers), disregarding the necessity of wearing masks.

This is no second surge. This is still the original attack caused by a failure to allow enough time to control Covid19 and the reluctance of people to wear a mask for whatever reason. The second surge will come this fall. Considering the willingness of people to control Covid 19 I believe will see a massive number of deaths and a much longer term of closure.

Old 06-17-2020, 08:25 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,664,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I believe in supporting local businesses in my area. During the brunt of Covid 19 I stayed at home as much as possible and did not visit any of my favorite stores. With the state allowing, (encouraging), to open I thought it would be a good time to revisit local stores. Out I went with my mask,gloves, and hand sanitizer in my car and what did I find? Not one of the local stores I buy from had even one employee wearing a mask.
Is there anyone who does not know the reason for wearing a mask is for the protection of other? If not let me inform you; masks only provide minimal protection to the wearer but does protect others.
As a result I went online and found the same products that I typically buy from my local stores and purchased items. I will be doing this in the future.
Was this mistake limited to small businesses? No, of the two builders supply stores only one store had their employees wearing masks and that store will be the one I buy from in the future.
Lastly, I am discouraged to find a majority of people, (shoppers), disregarding the necessity of wearing masks.

This is no second surge. This is still the original attack caused by a failure to allow enough time to control Covid19 and the reluctance of people to wear a mask for whatever reason. The second surge will come this fall. Considering the willingness of people to control Covid 19 I believe will see a massive number of deaths and a much longer term of closure.
Yeah, I don't quite understand how this is unfolding. So many people did nothing but holler that we needed to get businesses back open. So they got back open. You would then think that the smart thing would be to act in a way that would tamp down the virus and keep things open. But so many act like the virus has disappeared. And now the number of cases keeps moving up. Hopefully it will not get to the point where some areas have to shut down again.

Human nature can be baffling at times. We have met the enemy and he is us.

Old 06-18-2020, 03:00 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,664,353 times
Went out to pick up groceries this morning. Drove by Dollar General and since there were only a couple of cars in the lot decided to pop in to pick something up. Stepped through the front door and the clerk was checking someone out. No mask on the clerk and she started coughing. Didn't step away or even turn away. Just kept coughing while she kept on checking the customer out. I just spun around and left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee