Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 02:00 PM

390 posts, read 1,704,043 times

Advertisements

This sounds like a great time! We may have a family obligation out of state that weekend and that is why we have not RSVP'd yet. We will definitely try to make it, depending on what happens with that other situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 08:54 AM

450 posts, read 1,506,425 times
I just found this thread. We will be on our way from California in our RV we are moving to Portland Tn. We leave Calif. on the 15th... I will look for this to come around next year and we will be there... BTW is there RV camp grounds there? I think there is.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:32 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,422,751 times
Just as an fyi, I just made room reservations for that weekend (friday and saturday night).

We weren't able to get a fisherman's cottage because they're all taken; and we were only able to get a regular room in the Inn for these two nights--sunday night wasn't available.

I don't know if Kerry has asked them to set aside a block of rooms for us...but if you need a room, you might want to call independently and reserve just in case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
I just found this thread. We will be on our way from California in our RV we are moving to Portland Tn. We leave Calif. on the 15th... I will look for this to come around next year and we will be there... BTW is there RV camp grounds there? I think there is.
Yes in the park......

Just a suggestion I was looking at the park on map quest. That place is huge!
For any one that's computer savvy. Is their any way of taking a snap shot of the park on Ariel view and placing a "X" where we are getting together.
I've been driving on flat land for to many years.......

Fall Creek Falls State Park

Last edited by mbmouse; 03-18-2008 at 07:20 PM..

Old 03-20-2008, 06:33 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,359,489 times
Default Please note!

Please note that the above post is a little confusing and is my fault!
I accidentally merged the first part of that post by bbkaren and the second part (from quote down) posted by Tinman313. So please read it as two separate posts.
I am so sorry guys.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:07 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,671,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Please note that the above post is a little confusing and is my fault!
I accidentally merged the first part of that post by bbkaren and the second part (from quote down) posted by Tinman313. So please read it as two separate posts.
I am so sorry guys.
Whew! Thanks I know we're a little slow down here but... lol

Old 03-20-2008, 06:21 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,359,489 times
See what happens when one denies one self from the appropriate caffeine intake??? LOL!

Old 03-20-2008, 07:55 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,802,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Just a suggestion I was looking at the park on map quest. That place is huge! For any one that's computer savvy. Is their any way of taking a snap shot of the park on Ariel view and placing a "X" where we are getting together. I've been driving on flat land for to many years.......

Fall Creek Falls State Park
So if I did it right this will be Fall Creek Falls State Park from Google Earth. To the left of the text (one of the blue dots) is Fall Creek Falls Inn. The red bed at top right is a B&B. Someone else needs to red X it as I have no idea where the meet is in the park.

TN Forum get together Spring 2008!-fallcreek.jpg

Old 03-21-2008, 11:02 AM

37,814 posts, read 41,116,416 times
The inn is clearly marked on the brown wood signs in the park. I'm assuming that's where the restaurant is.

Number 4 on this Park Map is the Inn:

http://www.state.tn.us/environment/p...df/FCFarea.pdf

Old 03-21-2008, 01:45 PM

340 posts, read 1,190,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The inn is clearly marked on the brown wood signs in the park. I'm assuming that's where the restaurant is.

Number 4 on this Park Map is the Inn:

http://www.state.tn.us/environment/p...df/FCFarea.pdf
Yes, Laura. The restaurant is at the inn. Ken and I were there last fall, and it is a gorgeous park. You guys will love it! There are cabins on the lakefront there, and other places near the water. There is the hotel and it is right on the water as well. It was very well designed. It has a golf course, and lots of outdoor activities as well.

We plan to go back, but won't be able to make it to the get-together. We have company due in that weekend (the funny part is that they are coming from the Fall Creek Falls area!).

Hope you all have fun!

Old 03-22-2008, 11:11 AM

24,781 posts, read 28,600,856 times
April 19 and what time...... Tinman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee