Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 12:51 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times

Advertisements

That has to be pretty bad! It was awful when I left, two years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 04:44 PM

730 posts, read 1,917,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtyish View Post
MB Mouse, my daughter and I travelled for 2 weeks, the whole state of TN (2123 miles to be exact) and it is everything you showed in your photos. Is that Jonesborough??? We sat in the square and listened to a jam for an evening while eating a delicious ice cream cone. I adore the small town activities. I'm bringing my husband back to show him what it's all about Nov 28-Dec 3rd. We will be focusing our relocation search from Clarksville to Knoxville along to Northern region of TN. Can not wait!
Humm,

My wife and I will be there Nov 26-Dec1. We will probably pass each other. I am in the Red Toyota Tundra Extended Cab with a bed cover and with CA plates. Nashville to Knoxville search

Old 11-17-2007, 06:47 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,133,948 times
Thumbs up So many wonderful things about TN. The list keeps growing.

Leonard, Knoxville to Nashville search? Wow, you will have no trouble finding about 15 spots you will fall in love with and want to call home!

Have a wonderful winter visit. The weather should still be nice then. Nippy, but pleasant.

I totally agree with you, thirtyish. The small town charm of so many TN communities that we have visited just lures you right in. We haven't been to Jonesborough yet, but look forward to visiting Everyplace, TN.

Hope you hubby is as enchanted as you and your daughter were (and so many others).

Old 11-17-2007, 06:58 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,070,010 times
Gem, you are coming out to the boonies and say hello neighbor aren't ya ¿ I slow cook some really good and tender BBQ.....

Old 11-17-2007, 07:01 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,133,948 times
Smile What a nice host you are, Bones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Gem, you are coming out to the boonies and say hello neighbor aren't ya ¿ I slow cook some really good and tender BBQ.....
By all means, Bones. Stoke up the cooker! Bar-B-Q sounds very tasty about now - especially like the bonies. Oh, that is the boonies. Yeah, we like them, too.

Oh, wait until we sell our house here. We didn't move yet!

Last edited by gemkeeper; 11-17-2007 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: Added thought.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:13 PM

730 posts, read 1,917,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemthornton View Post
Leonard, Knoxville to Nashville search? Wow, you will have no trouble finding about 15 spots you will fall in love with and want to call home!

Have a wonderful winter visit. The weather should still be nice then. Nippy, but pleasant.
HI,

I have a long list of places to visit thanks to this forum. I am coming back just over a week later and will stay for about 4 more days, then head home.

Now as to the weather, my truck has "bun warmers", so no big deal.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:47 AM

65 posts, read 220,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country_Girl68 View Post
I sooooo wish I was already up there to enjoy the peace and serenity of the mountains, nature and be able to enjoy good conversations with people instead of the irate ones that are down here in Florida. Been here 31 years and it was never as bad as it has been here lately...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
That has to be pretty bad! It was awful when I left, two years ago.
ONE YEAR HERE FROM ODESSA FL i think its so bad there this week because after thanksgiving the snow birds come down and know the big mouth Suze Orzman on tv this week said for people to make offers on say a $200k house of $125k because you are probable going to eventualy get it for that price.
now its panic time
were we not taking surveys exactly one year ago on theses forums of a real estate ballon or bust.
i said bust, and i did see a few more houses sell for much more than what i got for about a month.
talking to the neighbors and family there said most of those were bought by the same man who said his mother was moving into my house and his other families were going to move into the other houses .
it was all creative financing .
he took out a loan for $50 grand more(had his own appraiser) than the actual selling price. then he tried to get me to pay the higher sales tax! i

i had to ask him to write me a check for the diffrence the nerve of people.

then he took out two mortgages and bought two more houses did the same farce and is now renting all said properties .these fake sales prices have caused unfare tax assesments all through this nation. but were at war and the coffers are empty even though the federal goverment has had the biggest fiscal year to date.

i will probable get audited,fined and jailed for my part of the who tax evasion scheme that i unwitingly participated in all in good faith of my real estate agent who is not a lawer and by law cannot give legal advice on said subject.
did i say i love Tennessee yet. please help stop this kind of stuff from happening here to simple families that want a simple home near other simple families .
i bet that guy that bought my house has ulcers by now

Old 11-18-2007, 06:03 PM

5,985 posts, read 4,378,120 times
Default I-24

One area I seldom see mentioned on this forum is along I-24 from Chattanooga to Manchester. The mountain scenery is spectacular.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:04 PM

2 posts, read 8,467 times
Wink hay

i used to live in tennessee and now i live in texas but im still a tennessee girl, so i think you should move to tennessee because the mountain and he beauty that tennessee has... I love tennessee so much and i do miss that beautiful state.. If you love the country then tennessee is the best place to go plus the musical history they have there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhorseranch View Post
Hi there!

We are considering moving to Tennessee. Could some Tennesseans give us some reasons about why they love their state?
Thanks!

The Happy Horse Ranch

Old 11-26-2007, 02:47 PM

17 posts, read 52,109 times
Red face beautiful pics, anyone live in crossville?

Those pictures are beautiful. We drive the long way through TN on our way to visit hubby's family in AR from where we are here in PA. The mountains are so beautiful, it is a long state to drive through, but the beauty is so relaxing. We used to live in AR, but I'm from PA. It is possible that the company buying the place he works at might ask him to relocate to the plant they are keeping in TN, in Crossville, to do what he does up here in the engineering offices. Never considered that before, but I've been researching the town on the internet, and coming here to read about TN. It looks really nice from what I've seen so far. Looks like there are some nice places with--what's that stuff--oh, LAND! It's too crazy up here, taxes are out of control, and people really are mean! Philadelphia is moving out here more and more, and so is the crime, it's been a really bad year in the city. I've really been missing AR, the way people are, talking to you, being friendly and stuff, and we were considering going back there if he could find a job, but would definitely consider the offer if it came to move to Crossville. How are the schools in Cumberland County/Crossville? We wouldn't probably want to live too far from wherever the offices are, but it seems like we could still be pretty close and feel out in the country. Anyways, if anyone has any info. on Crossville area of Cumberland County, I'm all "ears"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee