Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 07:28 PM

9 posts, read 21,678 times

Advertisements

My SO may be landing a job at Morrisville State, so I am considering places to live. I like clean, newer homes (city water, high speed internet, etc.) in quiet locations...and I like the access to Syracuse, but don't want his commute to be too bad (I'll be working from home, hence the need for high speed internet). Any thoughts on places in between Morrisville and Syracuse? We would be looking to rent a 3BR/2Bath house, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 09:58 PM

93,488 posts, read 124,189,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfromMI View Post
My SO may be landing a job at Morrisville State, so I am considering places to live. I like clean, newer homes (city water, high speed internet, etc.) in quiet locations...and I like the access to Syracuse, but don't want his commute to be too bad (I'll be working from home, hence the need for high speed internet). Any thoughts on places in between Morrisville and Syracuse? We would be looking to rent a 3BR/2Bath house, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!
Look at the Fayetteville/Manlius area and Cazenovia, if you can afford it. Communities like Chittenango, Minoa or Canastota might be fine as well. Fabius or Pompey might be good too. East syracuse might be a possibility.

You can check here:syracuse all housing classifieds - craigslist

If you have to go to Syracuse, I would stay with the East side of the city, which is the closest side of town to Morrisville.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:54 AM

2,440 posts, read 5,762,255 times
Since you'll be working from home, I'd pick the place closest to Morrisville but not too far from Syracuse... that still has high speed access. That would be Cazenovia.

When doing searches, the zip code is 13035 and landline phone numbers in the village tend to start with (315)655-. You might be able to tell if someone actually lives near their rental that way.

The Quad <--- Caz College's student-run newspaper.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:41 AM

1,301 posts, read 3,582,040 times
Cazenovia seems like a good suggestion. My concern is that a commute from Syracuse to Morrisville is going to be kind of rough in the winter, especially on Route 20.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:07 PM

2,440 posts, read 5,762,255 times
I agree- the Syracuse<---> "Mo'ville" commute is miserable, especially in winter. A friend's little brother did it for two years (from Tipp Hill on the west side) and ended up essentially living there with his girlfriend. There were many days he simply couldn't - and *would not have* - made it home safely. It's manageable from Caz, convenient even.

*I realize that this is pretty much a nothing sort of response... I mainly wanted to get the drug activity thread off the generally visible New York thread list for Syracuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area