Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 04:08 PM

3 posts, read 11,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealia View Post
Jalex, I'm trying to make the same type of move as you- roch suburb to SU suburb. Have you found any good rental websites for the syracuse area? I've been all over craigslist and syracuse.com but can't seem to find much else that doesn't list managed townhouses/condos.
I've searched craig's list too but I've mainly been looking at realtor websites because i'm interested in purchasing a home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 06:58 PM

3,515 posts, read 9,432,978 times
As you can see with the following map of both Rochester and Syracuse.....Rochester's suburbs (city on the left) are filled-in and compact. (During the last 40 years, there were roughly 4 suburban homes built outside Rochester for every one built in suburban Syracuse.) While Syracuse's suburbs (city on the right) are less built-out with many undeveloped properties between suburbs and in the middle of the suburbs.

Old 03-22-2015, 05:24 PM

4 posts, read 4,210 times
Baldwinsville has everything you could possibly want. I have been out to Fayetteville many times and their Village is not that impressive. Bville Has a new YMCA, Van Buren pool for Village Green People and the Van Buren side. Along with many Golf Courses. Radisson has all the trails, the parks, the basketball courts pools ect... Not to mention the Ice Arena. The Village of Baldwinsville is alive and people have pride in the Village. The Library is bigger then any I have seen of any Suburb in Onondaga County. You got Clay 10 mins away for Lysander people and Fairmount is 10 mins away for Van Buren People, and Syracuse is 15 Mins away so everything you need is within 15 mins. Paper Mill Island attracts national acts. Not to me mention all the festivals and parades. Baldwinsville was the only town in CNY to make the top 30 safest towns in NY. The more I travel, the more I am proud to be from Baldwinsville.

Old 03-22-2015, 05:34 PM

Also they keep building houses and developments out here, and we are already the fourth biggest school district in Onondaga County so we are only going to get better. They are making a new subdivision of the old tri county mall soon. 15 Luxury Condo Buildings I heard. B'ville is on the rise

Old 03-22-2015, 07:15 PM

93,455 posts, read 124,189,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel315 View Post
Baldwinsville has everything you could possibly want. I have been out to Fayetteville many times and their Village is not that impressive. Bville Has a new YMCA, Van Buren pool for Village Green People and the Van Buren side. Along with many Golf Courses. Radisson has all the trails, the parks, the basketball courts pools ect... Not to mention the Ice Arena. The Village of Baldwinsville is alive and people have pride in the Village. The Library is bigger then any I have seen of any Suburb in Onondaga County. You got Clay 10 mins away for Lysander people and Fairmount is 10 mins away for Van Buren People, and Syracuse is 15 Mins away so everything you need is within 15 mins. Paper Mill Island attracts national acts. Not to me mention all the festivals and parades. Baldwinsville was the only town in CNY to make the top 30 safest towns in NY. The more I travel, the more I am proud to be from Baldwinsville.
Clay would top lists for safety as well. Are you refer in to the village of Baldwinsville or the Greater Baldwinsville area?

Old 03-22-2015, 08:03 PM

29 Safest Cities in New York: Safest Places to Live in NY | Safe Choice Security News
The Only Town in CNY that makes the cut. Proves my point even more. Baldwinsville is a great place to live and raise a family
"The village of Baldwinsville is located in Onondaga County in the central portion of the state. A small community, it is not far from Syracuse. The village hosts many community festivals each year; including the Baldwinsville Oktoberfest and the Seneca River Days. . The Seneca River runs through the village into the Erie Canal. Historical homes mingled with beautiful landscapes form a charming community. Rivers, lakes, streams, and ponds throughout the area ensure that those looking for natural surroundings get just that. The police department of the village has aggressive policies that ensure the communities low crime rate remains low, so villagers can enjoy the feeling of security that has become the norm."

Old 03-22-2015, 08:53 PM

93,455 posts, read 124,189,891 times
Quote:
29 Safest Cities in New York: Safest Places to Live in NY | Safe Choice Security News
The Only Town in CNY that makes the cut. Proves my point even more. Baldwinsville is a great place to live and raise a family
"The village of Baldwinsville is located in Onondaga County in the central portion of the state. A small community, it is not far from Syracuse. The village hosts many community festivals each year; including the Baldwinsville Oktoberfest and the Seneca River Days. . The Seneca River runs through the village into the Erie Canal. Historical homes mingled with beautiful landscapes form a charming community. Rivers, lakes, streams, and ponds throughout the area ensure that those looking for natural surroundings get just that. The police department of the village has aggressive policies that ensure the communities low crime rate remains low, so villagers can enjoy the feeling of security that has become the norm."
So, it is for the village. Thanks for the link.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:14 AM

201 posts, read 298,727 times
Alright! Another proponent for the village of Bville on here. Now I'm not the only one!!

Quote:

Old 04-14-2015, 11:43 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,122,636 times
If you have kids, Fayetteville, Jamesville, Manlius and DeWitt for sure. They are "more established neighborhoods" than other suburban towns in most cases, and are better educated, open minded, upscale. More C-suite executives, doctors, lawyers and so on live in those towns for a reason. Yes, it is a gross generalization, but . . . .

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area