Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2023, 10:29 AM

3,509 posts, read 9,421,954 times

Advertisements

Celebrities who currently live in the Syracuse, NY Area

1) Kelly Cutrone in Camillus, NY
2) Carol Baldwin... mother of Alec Baldwin in Camillus, NY
3) Joey Belladonna in Camillus, NY
4) Steven Page in Manlius, NY
5) Homer Gere... father of Richard Gere....in North Syracuse, NY (just realized he died this year in March 2023)

Second homes of Celebrities in the Syracuse, NY area

1) Thom Filicia in Skaneateles
2) Jason Newsted in Skaneateles
3) Derek Jeter in Skaneateles
4) David Muir in Skaneateles
5) Adrien Brody on the north shore of Oneida Lake

Of course everyone knows that Richard Gere grew up in the northern suburbs of Syracuse. I've heard rumors that Richard Gere's father lived in the gated mansion within a 20 minute walk from where I live now in the Northern suburbs of Syracuse.

https://www.syracuse.com/news/2023/0...community.html

Most people know Tom Cruise was born here but moved away when he was young.

There are more famous people who are from Syracuse, NY of course but most aren't as well known and most don't live here anymore. Doing a Google search will list most of them...like Bobcat Goldthwait, Tom Kenny, and Megyn Kelly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2023, 10:44 AM

93,168 posts, read 123,783,345 times
I thought you were going to refer to a neighborhood in the area.

Yes, there are also some athletes and others from the area that now live elsewhere.

I will say that Skaneateles has to be challenging Pittsford for the most affluent municipality in Upstate NY.

Old 04-09-2024, 05:45 AM

Rich Post, father of Post Malone, owns a second home in Baldwinsville, NY.

Carol Baldwin died recently

Old 04-09-2024, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellafinzi View Post
Rich Post, father of Post Malone, owns a second home in Baldwinsville, NY.

Carol Baldwin died recently
Yes, Post Malone, for those that don’t know, was born and ai believe raised for a little while in the Syracuse area.

I believe that, Mrs. Baldwin lived in Onondaga Hill going towards Fairmount/Camillus. I think she lived in the West Genesee SD. Her daughter was a substitute Art teacher at the middle school I went to, back in the day.

Alec would always come through the area as well. I think he had/has a place in Skaneateles.

You also have Grace Jones(model/songer/actress(Boomerang, etc.)), who grew up a good portion of her life in Lyncourt(her mom just passed away a few years ago). Her brother is the pastor of the church his father started decades ago on West Castle(now MLK). I remember when I was younger and had to stay with family in the Bricks(public housing area on the city’s South Side), their father would drive around with a mega phone essentially preaching to whoever could hear him.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 04-09-2024 at 06:25 AM..

Old 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I thought you were going to refer to a neighborhood in the area.

Yes, there are also some athletes and others from the area that now live elsewhere.

I will say that Skaneateles has to be challenging Pittsford for the most affluent municipality in Upstate NY.
In terms of the bolded, an area like Mallard's Landing in Manlius would fit.

Old 04-09-2024, 06:31 PM

8 posts, read 933 times
Jeter sold his house.

Those other names are not very famous. Jim Boeheim is way more famous, and he lives in Skaneateles these days.

Old 04-10-2024, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned4Life2X View Post
Jeter sold his house.

Those other names are not very famous. Jim Boeheim is way more famous, and he lives in Skaneateles these days.

Thanks for this update!

Old 04-11-2024, 05:48 AM

Did he actually buy the home in Skaneateles? I ask, because there are conflicting reports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area