Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 06:45 AM

93,650 posts, read 124,375,652 times

Advertisements

Some other things you may get in villages are things such as parades, field days hosted by the fire department or fireworks shows.

BTW-Here is information about the village of East Syracuse’s department of Parks and Recreation: Parks & Recreation | East Syracuse NY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 12:04 PM

Another village Parks and Rec. Department: Recreation | Manlius Village, NY

Also, many villages have their own police departments, which will have a closer relationship with community members/residents in said village.

Old 04-23-2018, 12:46 PM

486 posts, read 466,231 times
[QU

I would stay away from mattydale. Its not very clean and planes are loud. To me its depressing. Lots of poverty. Westvale is nice i live in piercefield area its nice and quiet. If you like cold and snow syr is for you, along with cloudy days
We are headed south in october i cannot take it any longer here

OTE=suburbandream;50850009]Hello,
I've been thinking of buying a home in the area and the most important factor is safety.
How is the Westvale area? Is it a safe neighborhood? I've noticed it's near the Westside area, which isn't a safe area and was wondering if it's affected by it?
What about Mattydale? I've searched the Northern Syracuse area and seem to find it nice, but am unsure of how Mattydale is? What about living near the Syracuse Hancock Airport area? Are the sounds of planes really loud and bothersome ( to those who have lived in such an area)?
What about the Clay area?
Thanks for any help and suggestions.[/quote]

Old 04-23-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm10269123 View Post
[QU

I would stay away from mattydale. Its not very clean and planes are loud. To me its depressing. Lots of poverty. Westvale is nice i live in piercefield area its nice and quiet. If you like cold and snow syr is for you, along with cloudy days
We are headed south in october i cannot take it any longer here

OTE=suburbandream;50850009]Hello,
I've been thinking of buying a home in the area and the most important factor is safety.
How is the Westvale area? Is it a safe neighborhood? I've noticed it's near the Westside area, which isn't a safe area and was wondering if it's affected by it?
What about Mattydale? I've searched the Northern Syracuse area and seem to find it nice, but am unsure of how Mattydale is? What about living near the Syracuse Hancock Airport area? Are the sounds of planes really loud and bothersome ( to those who have lived in such an area)?
What about the Clay area?
Thanks for any help and suggestions.
[/quote]

Mattydale’s poverty rate is actually average(give or take)and it is basically older, working/middle class suburbia with some parts/properties that look better than others(around Boulevard east of LeMoyne Ave and west of Byrne Dairy/south of the schools and library are solid areas) in the North Syracuse SD: Mattydale, NY Historical Poverty Level Data - USA.com™

https://factfinder.census.gov/faces/...ty_facts.xhtml

Also, Piercefield is actually in the village of Solvay, which historically another working/middle class, blue collar suburban village known for its Italian and even Slavic(Ukrainian and Polish) populations. Piercefield has a somewhat old moneyed feel though.

Westvale is generally south of West Genesee Street, except around Century Drive, etc. (Westhill SD) A small portion of Solvay is south of West Genesee Street across from Westvale Plaza(which is actually in the village of Solvay).

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 04-23-2018 at 02:13 PM..

Old 04-30-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbandream View Post
Thanks for the reply. Safety is my number one concern. Then, a quiet neighborhood with good elementary schools, at least. And a place that's fairly close to supermarkets and has safe neighborhoods nearby. Thanks for the help.
In terms of the village of Liverpool, you could walk to this store: Nichols Supermarket
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area