Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 05:00 AM

93,785 posts, read 124,493,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnclark View Post
Dorsey Levens is a good one. I'd add in former NFL corner Will Allen. He graduated from Corcoran (and SU) was a 1st Round pick (2001-22nd overall to the Giants), and went on to have an 11 year career, playing for the Giants and Dolphins. He also was signed by New England for 2012, but was placed on IR before the season started and did not play.

I wouldn't put him on the list yet, but someone to keep an eye on is Patrick Corbin. He's a CNS grad, and currently a starting pitcher for the Arizona Diamondbacks. He missed all of 2014 after having Tommy John surgery, but before the surgery he was supposed to be the Dbacks opening day starter.
Yes, Allen and Corbin are good ones. Allen had legit speed and Corbin, I believe, was an All Star before the surgery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 07:16 PM

Latavius Murray(Onondaga Central/Central Florida/Oakland Raiders), the 6"3' 220 lb RB currently for the Raiders played on some good OCS and Central Florida teams, which includes a Gatorade State Player of the Year award and a Liberty Bowl MVP against Georgia. He also was a very good Basketball player at Onondaga.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:24 PM

Another guy that I thought about is Tyvon Branch(Cicero-North Syracuse/Connecticut/Oakland Raiders and KC Chiefs): A current safety with the Kansas City Chiefs that runs a 4.3 in the 40 and owns Section records in the indoor 60 and 200 meter dash and the outdoor 100 meter dash. He was Second team all Big East for UConn and was noted for being the fastest DB in college football, as well as leading the conference in return average.

Jason Grilli(Baldwinsville/Seton Hall/Marlins, White Sox, Tigers, Rockies, Rangers, Pirates and Angels): Drafted by the Yankees while in HS, where he also played basketball. Was later drafted by the Giants after a few years at Seton Hall. Was an All Star in 2013 during time as a closer for the Pittsburgh Pirates. Is currently playing for the Anaheim Angels.

Erik Cole(Oswego/Clarkson/Hurricanes, Stars, Canadiens, Oilers and Red Wings): A Left winger that was all ECAC at Clarkson. Won a Stanley Cup with the Carolina Hurricanes in 2006, where he arguably had his best seasons. Currently plays for the Detroit Red Wings.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:25 PM

201 posts, read 298,958 times
Actually, Grilli signed a 2 year deal with the Braves in the offseason. Was traded to the Angels late last season, but was at the end of his contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Another guy that I thought about is Tyvon Branch(Cicero-North Syracuse/Connecticut/Oakland Raiders and KC Chiefs): A current safety with the Kansas City Chiefs that runs a 4.3 in the 40 and owns Section records in the indoor 60 and 200 meter dash and the outdoor 100 meter dash. He was Second team all Big East for UConn and was noted for being the fastest DB in college football, as well as leading the conference in return average.

Jason Grilli(Baldwinsville/Seton Hall/Marlins, White Sox, Tigers, Rockies, Rangers, Pirates and Angels): Drafted by the Yankees while in HS, where he also played basketball. Was later drafted by the Giants after a few years at Seton Hall. Was an All Star in 2013 during time as a closer for the Pittsburgh Pirates. Is currently playing for the Anaheim Angels.

Erik Cole(Oswego/Clarkson/Hurricanes, Stars, Canadiens, Oilers and Red Wings): A Left winger that was all ECAC at Clarkson. Won a Stanley Cup with the Carolina Hurricanes in 2006, where he arguably had his best seasons. Currently plays for the Detroit Red Wings.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonthedream View Post
Actually, Grilli signed a 2 year deal with the Braves in the offseason. Was traded to the Angels late last season, but was at the end of his contract.
Thanks for the info. I didn't know that he signed with the Braves this offseason. He always had a live arm and he actually struck me out three times in a JV Baseball game years ago. So, I faced it up close.

His dad was a major leaguer and is a commentator for Chiefs games on Time Warner. I think he still runs/owns the Change of Pace sports bar too.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 03-17-2015 at 06:36 PM..

Old 04-02-2015, 07:02 AM

Jo-Lonn Dunbar(Corcoran/Boston College/Saints and Rams): current St Louis Rams linebacker that was a Super Bowl champ with the New Orleans Saints. Was Second team All-ACC at Boston College. Made second team All-State two years in a row at Corcoran, as well as All-East and All-American honors as a Senior in HS. Also played Basketball in HS.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:14 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,437,403 times
All I know is Tom Cruise and Richard Gere...then Rod Serling from Binghamton.

I bet they all threw a ball!

Old 04-07-2015, 11:16 AM

201 posts, read 298,958 times
Looks like Grilli is getting a chance at closing again. With the trade of Craig Kimbrel to the Padres the night before opening day, Grilli came in as the closer yesterday for the Braves and got his first save of the season. Keep up the good work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonthedream View Post

Old 05-01-2015, 02:00 PM

69 posts, read 87,929 times
Danny Schayes - Played in the NBA for 15+ years (after being a 1st round piack) and was a awesome player for Jamesville-Dewitt HS

Old 05-03-2015, 06:46 PM

12 posts, read 19,423 times
As of right now, he may not be the best, but Ryan Nassib of the Giants is from Syracuse. Who knows, he could be the future of the Giants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area