Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2013, 10:30 AM

3 posts, read 3,227 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

We are considering a property in Cicero area in Pastures subdivision. Lately we were told that Cicero has swampland so we are going to have lot of bugs and mosquito issues. What do you guys think ? We would like to enjoy our outdoor space as much as we can. Google imagery does suggest that pastures community is in fact very close to the swampland. Anybody form Cicero or preferably from pastures subdivision want to share their experiences ?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 10:52 AM

93,264 posts, read 123,898,066 times
I know that the swamp gets sprayed in the summer, but I'm not sure how it effects how many Mosquitos there in the area.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:03 PM

503 posts, read 1,025,454 times
I grew-up between Syracuse and Cicero right on the swamp. The mosquito's were so bad a swarm of them would pick you up and carry you away to drain your blood at their leisure. Seriously though, this was close to 20 years ago I moved away. Back then they did spray for them which helped but with all that water around it was impossible to kill them all. I found that they were the worst about 2 hours before sunset until around 10 or 11 at night. After that it wasn't bad at all. They weren't bad during the day for the most part.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:52 PM

2,440 posts, read 5,758,699 times
North of the Thruway, for the most part, seems to be the dividing line between low-lying (north) and the hills (south), in the CNY area.

So yes - mosquitoes are an issue in Cicero. That's not to say they aren't south of 81 - if you're in a marshy area in the hills or in thick forest, you'll have mosquitoes - but it's not as constant as around the big lake. Oneida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area