Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2023, 07:05 AM

1 posts, read 532 times

Advertisements

Morning. So I drive a 2011 Forester and have notice puddling on the passenger side floor. We have ruled out the heater core because the liquid that is sopped up is clear and the radiator has coolant. My a/c has been broken for a couple of months now, so when I drive I crack open the driver side window and the right back passenger window for ventilation. I also use an oscillating fan hooked up to the rear view mirror and that has worked well. In the instances where I have to remove fog from the inside of the windshield, I turn the fan facing it and it clears it right up without having to use the defroster. The sunroof shows no obvious signs of leakage, it never gets used, because I forget its even there!

I have pulled up the carpet on the passenger side and it is wetter toward the center console than the window.

I would appreciate any ideas. Thanx!

Barbara
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2023, 10:30 AM

4,542 posts, read 3,744,949 times
I don't have an answer to this, but one thing I found difficult is that there are no huge Subaru Forester forums where we can ask these kinds of questions. I have found some good Facebook groups you can join where you can ask this question. You may not like FB, but it's good to have for groups.

Old 07-01-2023, 03:17 PM

5,451 posts, read 6,036,575 times
If you forget your sunroof is there, you may have also forgot there are drains in the sunroof channels that come out behind the wheel wells. They need cleaning periodically. Open your sunroof, and check around it for pine needles and other debris. if you can find the water gutter, find the drain channels and make sure they are unclogged.
Sometimes you can use some compressed air from the under-car drain tube outlets and blow air up there to clear it. BE CAREFUL TO SET YOUR COMPRESS TO MAYBE 20 OR 30 PSI. too much pressure will blow off any angle fittings and cause bigger issues.
I have also take a coke bottle full of water and funneled it into the upper channel to see where the drain lines are.

Old 07-02-2023, 05:00 AM

12,379 posts, read 9,483,835 times
I don't know which seam, but it's leaking at a seam - either the sunroof, the passenger window, or the windshield. I'd suggest doing a controlled experiment. Use a hose to rain down water from above - just angle it nearly straight up over the car so that it falls nearly straight down after losing momentum, and adjust the spray so it falls like rain, and then keep the "rain" coming, while checking now and then for where it's leaking. You can also have one person inside the car to do the observing while another makes the rain.

Old 07-04-2023, 12:20 PM

23,259 posts, read 18,777,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
I don't have an answer to this, but one thing I found difficult is that there are no huge Subaru Forester forums where we can ask these kinds of questions. I have found some good Facebook groups you can join where you can ask this question. You may not like FB, but it's good to have for groups.
Have you asked on this one? There's one that looks as if it was created by the same folks for the Outback and it is quite active. I bet you could get some ideas from either one.

https://www.subaruforester.org/

Old 07-04-2023, 12:45 PM

177 posts, read 134,195 times
Your air conditioner drain could be blocked, allowing condensation to spill into the cabin.
I know you said your a/c is broken, but maybe the diverter doors aren’t working, and it’s not allowing the cold air to blow out the vents. Or water could be coming through the fresh air intake, usually under the windshield cowl area, and combined with a blocked drain, pooling inside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru