Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 01:45 AM

106 posts, read 200,854 times

Advertisements

Anyone buy a Subaru Crosstreks? Noticed a few pals and co-workers purchased them, and hey all seem to like them, too. If you have bought one, how do you like it? Anything you don't like? Neat looking rides! Wondering how they stack up against other Subaru models.

Happy Trails,

MtnMtMan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 04:47 AM

249 posts, read 458,020 times
My wife and I are looking at one right now. I am very impressed with the car. My wife likes the added height to help her see the road better. The biggest complaint most have commented is that it may be a bit underpowered for some. My wife drives a very little scion xa so it is plenty of power for her.
I am also impressed with the gas mileage.
We are looking at the bmw x1 but obviously besides the price difference I do not like the rear wheel drive. Mazda is a competitior of this car and also the kia Sorrento.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:47 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,785,881 times
Nice looking but the common person cannot work on them, your stuck going to the dealer or a mechanic for everything unless that doesn't bother you !!!

Old 04-10-2014, 08:20 AM

8,317 posts, read 29,463,282 times
In my opinion, what would take the Crosstrek from being only "OK" to being a real winner would be Subaru equipping it with the X-Mode option that is available in the Forester, and offering its excellent diesel engine that it sells in Europe as an option in the US. With those two options, the Crosstrek would be much more backcountry capable vehicle and would get 40 mpg on the highway and 30 or above in town. Both are things that Subaru lovers have been begging Subaru to offer in the US, but nobody at Subaru listens.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:40 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,755,177 times
We had looked at one before buying our outback. The Crosstrek is a great looking car however it is was way underpowered and the interior was very lackluster and smaller than we had hoped for.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:46 AM

865 posts, read 2,160,077 times
It's a lifted Impreza hatchback.

Neat little cars though! If I were on the market for a new car, a base model with manual transmission would be on my list.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:32 AM

2,310 posts, read 6,822,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed2012 View Post
Nice looking but the common person cannot work on them, your stuck going to the dealer or a mechanic for everything unless that doesn't bother you !!!
Why's this? I'd think anyone who does oil change and such can work on this.... even DIYer since they put the oil filter in the hood making it easy to reach.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:01 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,101,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtMtnMan View Post
Anyone buy a Subaru Crosstreks? Noticed a few pals and co-workers purchased them, and hey all seem to like them, too. If you have bought one, how do you like it? Anything you don't like? Neat looking rides! Wondering how they stack up against other Subaru models.

Happy Trails,

MtnMtMan
It was on my short list when I was Subaru shopping because:

1) I liked the mpg figures,

2) It was wagon-like, and

3) I liked the ground clearance.

I ended up buying the Outback because (in no particular order):

1) Personally, I feels it's a better looking,

2) The mpg figures were comparable to the Crosstrek,

3) The ground clearance is also comparable,

4) It's roomier,

5) The cargo area is bigger, and

6) It has a much longer fuel range.

The Crosstrek is good vehicle but for my family, the Outback is a much better fit and I absolutely love it.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:37 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,885,624 times
They are everywhere in Colorado, which isn't surprising. I haven't driven one but think they look sweet. I just wish they gave it the 2.0T turbo and a better interior. I'm probably getting the '15 WRX in 10 months when my current lease is up.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:47 PM

4 posts, read 13,377 times
Sure, if you want the Crosstrek sitting in the shop next to mine with a faulty Oil Control valve with only 7k miles on it buy one. They are as reliable as a baby in diapers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru