Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2007, 07:19 PM

2 posts, read 9,292 times

Advertisements

Posted earlier asking about Mullins but no responses - so - how about any info for Marion County? My family and I ( husband & 2 small children) have the opportunity to relocate to Mullins in aprox 1 month from New Hampshire - can't stand the winters here! Want any info regarding public schools, temp (VERY humid???), what the people in the area are like etc... any input would really help! Also, I heard something about teachers being able to "paddle" children in schools there - is this true? All I've been able to read about it is that it suspended in SC right now. We are in our mid-thirties, friendly family, pretty quite, don't go out much, just like to ride the Harley when we can.... Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 08:07 PM

83 posts, read 395,504 times
Marion/Mullins is rural and poor. I don't much else. I grew up in nearby Florence 25+ years ago, so my knowledge of the area is both indirect and dated. I don't know about the schools and I don't want to speculate. However, I'm comfortable saying that your educational choices would be limited.

The towns are about halfway between Florence and Myrtle Beach -- about 40 miles from each. Depending on your desire for entertainment, you might spend some time traveling to these bigger towns. I guess that's what you could use the Harley's for.

In the summer, it is hot and humid. Very humid? Less humid than Charleston, but there are summer days that the air feels thick.

There isn't too much paddling going on anymore. I received a few licks in my day, but no kids gets paddled where I live on the other side of the state.

Well, hopefully a Mullins booster will pitch in with more specifics. Regardless, please visit if you can before moving down.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:31 AM

10 posts, read 16,761 times
Hi, I am in NJ currently thinking about possible relocating to Marion SC. I have friends who live there and love the "bedroom community" feel of the town. My family and I will be visiting soon perhaps to buy something if we feel it is a right fit for us. We are in our forty's, how did that happen LOL! We have four children 4,5,8 and 15. I had to reply especially when you said you want to ride your Harley now and then. We love Harley's although we have not rode in years with our children being so young. Someday we will get back on. If you get down that way before we do please post. I will do the same. Also, how did you find Marion, if you do not mind me asking.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:00 PM

26 posts, read 117,402 times
Look at the response i gave someone in an earlier post. I wouldnt recommend the area but different strokes for different folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina